BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > BMW OG M2 (N55) Electronic Wastegate Issues

04-21-2023, 06:50 AM   #1
RobbieDouglas
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

BMW OG M2 (N55) Electronic Wastegate Issues

Hey guys,

About 6 months ago I started experiencing issues with my EWG which was throwing up Drivetrain errors and the code 123432 - Electrical wastegate, stop learning: stop position (wastegate closed) outside of tolerance.

Long story short, the car is now fitted with a Pure500, a replacement Actuator, and is running a Stage 2 map. The same issues have came back with the wastegate however this time they are permanent and will not clear at all. I have completed the wastegate adjustment process on ISTA however no matter where you adjust the linkage to ISTA always reads -3.53mm.

Has anyone experienced anything similar to this previously? Visually the actuator does not move the way it should when comparing it to a car that works.

I just dont want to keep purchasing actuators if theres something else causing the issue. Also, when the actuator is out of the car and power is put to pins 1 and 5 it does fully extend and retract as it should.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2023, 12:16 PM   #2
shaneguags
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Big Turbo BMW M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.42]
I had multiple wastegate issues when I bought my car with a big turbo. You have to make sure the allignment is correct. I remember the shop told me the wastegate rod snapped on mine and had to be realligned again. I definitely recommend making sure the allignment is right and if you can’t figure it out yourself, I’d just bring it to a reputable shop
Appreciate 0