BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > possibility of O ring from Charge pipe getting sucked into engine.

07-01-2023, 11:51 AM   #1
Slow_F87
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

possibility of O ring from Charge pipe getting sucked into engine.

I recently replaced my OEM FMIC with a VSRF FMIC. I then drove the car and got a CEL. 20E120 - Crankcase ventilation system, vent hose: not connected/faulty.
I chased the leak replacing everything, then performed a smoke test out of frustration to determine where the leak was coming from. The test showed that the leak was coming from the FMIC Cold side (Where the charge pipe meets the intercooler). The shop assumed it was probably just a bad O-ring. I ordered a new O-ring from BMW and as I removed the FMIC and to my surprise there wasn't an O-ring on the charge pipe at all.
Now I'm not sure if the O-Ring possibly fell out when I pulled the stock FMIC off or worse case fell off into the charge pipe when I installed the VRSF FMIC.
Let's say the worst-case scenario were to happen. I imagine the O-Ring would get sucked into the engine eventually and seize it up. I have driven the car for about 200 miles since I replaced the FMIC and got the CEL and the engine seems to run just fine.
My question is should I have seen signs of anything going wrong by now?

I'm Worried!

p.s. the new O-ring did fix my leak and I haven't seen a CEL in the past few days of driving.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2023, 07:27 PM   #2
samsamdar
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: OG M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [6.67]
Take the top part of the chargepipe off (where it connects to the throttle body) and take a look into the CP and the intake manifold. I doubt it would've gotten sucked up but if it did, you'd find it there somewhere