BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > LBB/6MT/Exec with M Perf Pack available in San Diego for MSRP (plus Lojack)

05-01-2017, 07:06 PM   #1
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 2020 M340

LBB/6MT/Exec with M Perf Pack available in San Diego for MSRP (plus Lojack)

Even though I am waiting for my 2018 allocation, I would have actually jumped on this one if I could afford it. I had them run the numbers for me, but the extra M Perf stuff adds to much to the bottom line and puts this baby out of my budgeted amount.

Here are the specs:

2017 M2 - 6 MT (Manual Transmission) $52,500
Long Beach Blue $700
Executive Package $1,400
CF side skirt Winglets $1,375
M Performance Package $5,100
CF Front Attachments with aero kit $1,375
Carbon Fiber Mirror caps $770
Wheels locks $150
LED Door projectors $175
Destination $995

Total MSRP $64,540

This car is available as of today at BMW of San Diego
If interested, contact my buddy Josh Keaton @(970) 691-1462

He is offering the car at MSRP plus Lojack.

Good luck.
Ramos
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 07:10 PM   #2
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Here are some pictures
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 07:24 PM   #3
Josh K
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i MSport Estoril Blue

Thank you for posting this for me Ramos. You are a stand up dude yourself.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2017, 11:27 PM   #4
nikster0029
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2 & 2014 335xi

Hey Josh! Thanks for the awesome car. I definitely can vouch for this guy. He sold me an M2!
Appreciate 1
Josh K8.50
      05-03-2017, 05:47 PM   #5
Josh K
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikster0029 View Post
Hey Josh! Thanks for the awesome car. I definitely can vouch for this guy. He sold me an M2!
Thanks for the shout out Nikan. I know you are loving that new M2. Thanks again for your business!!!
Appreciate 1
      05-04-2017, 11:52 PM   #6
Josh K
Rep

Everyone says they want manual transmission cars. I have one here raring to go for sticker and no bites. What the heck!!! This happens every time we order manual transmissions. I'm not convinced that people that drive manual transmissions buy new cars!!! Somebody get this car!!!! Call me. 619-964-1803
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2017, 12:09 AM   #7
Vitacura
Ich Liebe mein BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 M240i CV, 23 X1

No bites probably has to do with the ~$9k in extra options on top of exec package. It's a beautiful car, but sometimes less is more.

Hope somebody picks this bad boy up soon!
Appreciate 1
Ramos862.50
      05-05-2017, 05:22 AM   #8
capo180
Private
Rep
Drives: M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitacura View Post
No bites probably has to do with the ~$9k in extra options on top of exec package. It's a beautiful car, but sometimes less is more.

Hope somebody picks this bad boy up soon!
Exactly. Could get an M4 at this type of price..
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2017, 07:30 AM   #9
MBimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F87 BSM M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
It's not the manual transmission. It's the dealers poor choice in optioning up the car. I bought my manual M2 in a heartbeat since it only had Exec and Apple Carplay. 55K is the right price. Not that mockery of mid 60Ks. Those are the only options most people want from the start because M Performance Parts can be added later and for much cheaper. MSRP on M Performance Parts is not fairly priced. There are several different places you can get them for quite a discount here on the forums. This is an enthusiast car, so most buyers know the price is not competitive. Your market is limited to someone that is not knowledgeable about m bits being cheaper, and sadly I will feel bad for that buyer. Or someone that just is impatient and will pay the premium for MSRP M bits to avoid the installation.

I have seen an M2 in my area like this just sitting since they added every possible M bits. It's like 68k, which is definitely another tier of cars.
Appreciate 1
hoyasaxa702.00
      05-05-2017, 08:44 AM   #10
Josh K
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBimmer View Post
It's not the manual transmission. It's the dealers poor choice in optioning up the car. I bought my manual M2 in a heartbeat since it only had Exec and Apple Carplay. 55K is the right price. Not that mockery of mid 60Ks. Those are the only options most people want from the start because M Performance Parts can be added later and for much cheaper. MSRP on M Performance Parts is not fairly priced. There are several different places you can get them for quite a discount here on the forums. This is an enthusiast car, so most buyers know the price is not competitive. Your market is limited to someone that is not knowledgeable about m bits being cheaper, and sadly I will feel bad for that buyer. Or someone that just is impatient and will pay the premium for MSRP M bits to avoid the installation.

I have seen an M2 in my area like this just sitting since they added every possible M bits. It's like 68k, which is definitely another tier of cars.
This actually wasn't the dealers choice of options. It was a client that built it but then for a reason, unbeknownst to me, decided he longer wanted the vehicle.

We actually had a couple of cars that had even more equipment and sold them within days. But guess what they had, dct's. They were 70k cars and poof, gone.

I also have a Nardo Grey M3 at the lot. Only options are lighting pkg and manual transmission. That car has been here for at least a month now. I have have plenty of low optioned cars with manuals on my lot and they just gather dust.

There is a reason why manual transmissions are trickling out of the line up. It's because no one buys them anymore!!!!

It's a shame because I love a manual. They just don't sell.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2017, 01:29 PM   #11
Tumbleweeds78
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh K View Post
Quote:

This actually wasn't the dealers choice of options. It was a client that built it but then for a reason, unbeknownst to me, decided he longer wanted the vehicle.

We actually had a couple of cars that had even more equipment and sold them within days. But guess what they had, dct's. They were 70k cars and poof, gone.

I also have a Nardo Grey M3 at the lot. Only options are lighting pkg and manual transmission. That car has been here for at least a month now. I have have plenty of low optioned cars with manuals on my lot and they just gather dust.

There is a reason why manual transmissions are trickling out of the line up. It's because no one buys them anymore!!!!

Perhaps it has something to do with the SoCal traffic? Isn't there a breakdown of the number of manual vs DCT M2s that have been built?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2017, 01:33 PM   #12
Paddy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 18' M2, AW

Quote:

It'll sell if you price it right.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2017, 01:36 PM   #13
Josh K
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
Quote:

It'll sell if you price it right.
Which car are you referencing, the M2 or M3?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2017, 02:33 PM   #14
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Josh, I agree with other forum members.
At least 50% or more of M2's on here are 6MT.
The problem with this car is the extra M Perf stuff which everyone on here knows can be had for much less than MSRP from many online sources. The transmission is not the problem.

The forum members are much more likely to pull the trigger on a more basic configuration than this.

A build like this will most likely sell as an impulse buy to someone who came in looking for an M4 and is not an enthusiast per say.
Such a buyer will probably prefer DCT!

So to your point, 6MT + too many M Perf parts is not an easy car to sell.

Good luck in any case!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2017, 04:19 PM   #15
Josh K
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
Josh, I agree with other forum members.
At least 50% or more of M2's on here are 6MT.
The problem with this car is the extra M Perf stuff which everyone on here knows can be had for much less than MSRP from many online sources. The transmission is not the problem.

The forum members are much more likely to pull the trigger on a more basic configuration than this.

A build like this will most likely sell as an impulse buy to someone who came in looking for an M4 and is not an enthusiast per say.
Such a buyer will probably prefer DCT!

So to your point, 6MT + too many M Perf parts is not an easy car to sell.

Good luck in any case!
I agree with what you are saying. I guess I'm just speaking from personal experience of working at BMW dealerships for 4 years vs looking at the numbers. I'm sure there are a lot more folks ordering 6MT than any other car. I also agree with you guys in that the buyer for this car might not necessarily be an pure enthusiast that get on forums and such. I assure you though that this car will sell and it will sell at sticker. It will only be a matter of time.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2017, 04:33 PM   #16
Josh K
Rep

Rami, the other part of the equation here is that as you know we have several people on the waiting list to get this car. Now if you are the one that is 19th in line and you want to cut to the front instead of waiting 2 years. Paying 9k for performance options vs paying for just a blatant markup might be the better option. Chances are this car will sell to some old lady that likes the color, Haha, it happened to one of them. But I figured it doesn't hurt to post on here to let the true enthusiasts have a shot at it if they want it.
Appreciate 1
Ramos862.50
      05-05-2017, 04:55 PM   #17
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Rami, the other part of the equation here is that as you know we have several people on the waiting list to get this car. Now if you are the one that is 19th in line and you want to cut to the front instead of waiting 2 years. Paying 9k for performance options vs paying for just a blatant markup might be the better option. Chances are this car will sell to some old lady that likes the color, Haha, it happened to one of them. But I figured it doesn't hurt to post on here to let the true enthusiasts have a shot at it if they want it.
Completely agree!
I considered it myself as you know to cut in line instead of continuing to wait for my allocation. In the end, I simply could not afford or justify the extra cost!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2017, 05:33 PM   #18
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Everyone says they want manual transmission cars. I have one here raring to go for sticker and no bites. What the heck!!! This happens every time we order manual transmissions. I'm not convinced that people that drive manual transmissions buy new cars!!! Somebody get this car!!!! Call me. 619-964-1803
Come on, it should be obvious. No one wants those extra accessories added to the cost of the car, that's why they don't order them with the car right? Look at all the orders your dealership have done for the M2 and how many of the customers requested all those extra accessories? It has to be the minority. Then combine the fact that for enthusiast who are manual snobs probably know the LCI is coming shortly why would they buy a bloated with accessories MY17 M2 when they could spec an LCI exactly how they want? They waited this long to get an M2, what's a few more months. There are some dealerships that do so much business in SoCal that getting an allocation at MSRP is easy.

Also the extra carbon bits look goofy on the LBB. The white desperately needs contrast so maybe you would have better luck selling a white with accessories as someone planning on buying white might already be planning to add some extra bits for contrast. On Black and Gray the accessories sort of blend in okay.

Order this same car in DCT with the same extras and the same color and I think it moves off the lot just as slow.

Edit: You say you sold similar cars with DCT, so I guess I stand corrected. That surprises me though. Perhaps manual buys are the type to either want to order the car exactly as they want or just don't want extras.
Appreciate 2
MR_M2519.00
Ramos862.50
      05-05-2017, 07:08 PM   #19
Aloha Joe
Hanapaa!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 6mt, LBB

Quote:

I believe you Josh. Maybe 50% on this M2 forum bought a manual and 20% of all M car buyers will buy a stick. But if we looked at all car buyers across the US, probably only 1% of the general public who walk onto a car lot, will buy a manual trans.

So let's look at this logically, if half of the people on here are willing to buy a stick, what's preventing them from buying this car right away? Could the answer be the dealer, color or maybe the options/price?

First, let's rule out dealer because you've been given the thumbs up by a couple of members here. Second, let's rule out LBB because it's the most popular color. So in my guess, that would only leave options/price.

So let's say, you kept all the options on this car with the 6mt, and listed it for $55K, would it sell? Or how about, stripping it of all options but kept the 6mt, then list it for MSRP of $54k, would it sell on here?

You, I and everyone else on this forum would answer the above two questions similarly. Truth is, 6mt buyers are a niche group and we're out here, but the reason this particular M2 isn't selling quickly, isn't because of the manual trans.

Last edited by Aloha Joe; 05-05-2017 at 07:10 PM.. Reason: Repetitive words.
Appreciate 1
Ramos862.50
      05-05-2017, 11:24 PM   #20
Josh K
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Quote:
Come on, it should be obvious. No one wants those extra accessories added to the cost of the car, that's why they don't order them with the car right? Look at all the orders your dealership have done for the M2 and how many of the customers requested all those extra accessories? It has to be the minority. Then combine the fact that for enthusiast who are manual snobs probably know the LCI is coming shortly why would they buy a bloated with accessories MY17 M2 when they could spec an LCI exactly how they want? They waited this long to get an M2, what's a few more months. There are some dealerships that do so much business in SoCal that getting an allocation at MSRP is easy.

Also the extra carbon bits look goofy on the LBB. The white desperately needs contrast so maybe you would have better luck selling a white with accessories as someone planning on buying white might already be planning to add some extra bits for contrast. On Black and Gray the accessories sort of blend in okay.

Order this same car in DCT with the same extras and the same color and I think it moves off the lot just as slow.

Edit: You say you sold similar cars with DCT, so I guess I stand corrected. That surprises me though. Perhaps manual buys are the type to either want to order the car exactly as they want or just don't want extras.
I actually just sold one to a very happy customer named Nikan whom found his car on a thread here. He got very similar accessories and I have no doubt in my mind that he is extremely satisfied with his choice. Thanks Nikan!!!!
And the car that is posted now was a customer order that fell through. The only reason I have this car available is for that reason. Otherwise I am 20 people deep in the order bank.
My goal of posting this M2 on here was to get it in the open and give someone the opportunity to buy an extremely nice M2 for sticker.
There are still many dealerships, some of which in Socal, that are over loading these cars and charging over sticker. So they can make money!!! Imagine that!! Anyone can sell the dang base model one, and if you want the base model one you can wait.
You could be right but I would be very surprised if there wasn't quite a waiting list at the majority of centers and that allocations aren't that easy to come by. My dealership sells roughly 150 new cars a month and is the 5th highest in new car sales in the western region. So I would imagine we are getting just as many if not more allocations than the next guys.
With all that being said, I agree with everyone that has posted on this thread that it doesn't seem to be the right car for a bimmerforum member. Doesn't hurt to try though right?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2017, 12:04 AM   #21
MBimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F87 BSM M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
I actually just sold one to a very happy customer named Nikan whom found his car on a thread here. He got very similar accessories and I have no doubt in my mind that he is extremely satisfied with his choice. Thanks Nikan!!!!
And the car that is posted now was a customer order that fell through. The only reason I have this car available is for that reason. Otherwise I am 20 people deep in the order bank.
My goal of posting this M2 on here was to get it in the open and give someone the opportunity to buy an extremely nice M2 for sticker.
There are still many dealerships, some of which in Socal, that are over loading these cars and charging over sticker. So they can make money!!! Imagine that!! Anyone can sell the dang base model one, and if you want the base model one you can wait.
You could be right but I would be very surprised if there wasn't quite a waiting list at the majority of centers and that allocations aren't that easy to come by. My dealership sells roughly 150 new cars a month and is the 5th highest in new car sales in the western region. So I would imagine we are getting just as many if not more allocations than the next guys.
With all that being said, I agree with everyone that has posted on this thread that it doesn't seem to be the right car for a bimmerforum member. Doesn't hurt to try though right?

I am sorry, Josh. It sounds like us forum people are somewhat attacking you and the price, but we really don't intend too. I think we are are all just so passionate and all look at the bang for your buck. Like you said it was a customer order that backed out. Good luck with the sale! Thanks for sharing.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2017, 12:17 AM   #22
Josh K
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I am sorry, Josh. It sounds like us forum people are somewhat attacking you and the price, but we really don't intend too. I think we are are all just so passionate and all look at the bang for your buck. Like you said it was a customer order that backed out. Good luck with the sale! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks mbimmer. I appreciate your concern. Quote honestly I don't mind the rif raf. Everyone has their opinions including myself. The good news is that it keeps the thread at the top so more chance of the car being seen.
Appreciate 0