BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Dang, I'm confused! M2PE, M2C, M2CS

05-08-2018, 11:56 AM   #1
jhall1957
Captain
Rep
Drives: SE 46

Dang, I'm confused! M2PE, M2C, M2CS

So, I'm a grown man and have a real job that prohibits me from spending hours researching this question. The only reason I'm here now is my client is late for our lunch!

So I have a M2 Performance Edition and love it. I'm having a hard time understanding what will be on a stock M2 Competition that makes it "better". I know a S55 vs. my N55 but will it have BMW coil overs and Performance Exhaust?
Also, another friend just told me there will also be a M2CS at some point and from my limited reading thought the CS is the same as Competition.
Can someone help a old guy out?

Btw, if all you have to say is "Read this 300+ page thread, it's all answered here", save yourself the energy and don't. Just pass this by.

Thanks
      05-08-2018, 01:10 PM   #2
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhall1957 View Post
So, I'm a grown man and have a real job that prohibits me from spending hours researching this question. The only reason I'm here now is my client is late for our lunch!

So I have a M2 Performance Edition and love it. I'm having a hard time understanding what will be on a stock M2 Competition that makes it "better". I know a S55 vs. my N55 but will it have BMW coil overs and Performance Exhaust?
Also, another friend just told me there will also be a M2CS at some point and from my limited reading thought the CS is the same as Competition.

Btw, if all you have to say is "Read this 300+ page thread, it's all answered here", save yourself the energy and don't. Just pass this by.

Thanks
We don't quite know what the standard equipment is yet for the states, but at minimum besides the engine it gets the CF strut brace, the M buttons on the steering wheel and the center console buttons to control shifting speed, throttle response, and traction. It also has a re tuned suspension where the car sits lower, apparently updated electronic steering, and of course the exterior cosmetic changes and whatever badges that come with the new model.

We also know if not standard there are a bunch of options like seats with the M4 seat shape, bigger breaks, maybe some interior trim options, some new lighter weight wheels. M performance parts are coming like CF roof, hood, front fenders with air duct, and trunk but we don't know if factory installed or not.
Appreciate 1
AndrewC198910932.50
      05-08-2018, 01:14 PM   #3
eeyang92
Captain
Rep
Drives: LBB M2 LCI 6MT

I believe the designations going forward are going to be C, CS and CSL. So Competition is not the same as CS.

This doesn't necessarily mean there will be a CSL M2 though.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2018, 03:00 PM   #4
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.74]
There is a long list of M Performance options for the M2 Competition. But it does not come standard with a performance exhaust or coil overs. Read the first post here of all the options: http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1492934
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2018, 07:11 PM   #5
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhall1957 View Post

Thanks
BMW will officially answer some of your questions next week.
Check back after 05/15/2018 when there should be at least some of the following will be known ...

1- US pricing
2- US spec sheets for standard equipment
3- US option sheets for optional equipment.

For now.. your M2 PE is (in my opinion) the best M2 to date especially if you have a 6MT.. because:

your M2 PE weighs LESS than a standard M2.
your M2 PE has two way adjustable coilover shocks/springs
your M2 PE has the M Performance exhaust system with titanium tips
your M2 PE has manual seats
M2 Competiion is rumored to be 121 lbs more than standard M2.

M2 likely will retain power seats.. dual air.. and standard suspension.
There is an aftermarket M performance 2 way adjustable coilover set up available for the M2 competition. It is not currently known if that is the suspension that is on the M2 PE.

For now.. what we DO know comes on the M2 that is not on your M2 PE.

S55 motor
" M " mirrors "
optional " M " seats - (read: M4 seats) with lighted logos
" M" buttons on steering wheel
Sunset Orange or Hockenheim Silver Paint
some other useless bits I have forgotten...

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 05-08-2018 at 07:44 PM..
Appreciate 2
      05-08-2018, 07:31 PM   #6
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
go to the M2 forum buddy, i'm a 135 prior owner but soon to be M2 Competition

in that competition sub forum all of your questions will likely be answered.

counting down the days till i have a car again lol
Appreciate 0