BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Active Autowerke | M2 Track Performance Software Tuning

Closed Thread

07-02-2017, 01:54 PM   #23
lax01
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by David@ActiveAutowerke View Post
I will post a dyno with a delta from our Mustang dyno later today.
Bump?
Appreciate 1
      07-03-2017, 11:06 AM   #24
BruceM
Major
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post
Bump?

When a tuner says he will post a dyno "later today", but then no post is forthcoming for almost 3 weeks, it's probably safe to assume that the dyno charts do not look like he wants them to look. That has happened more than once on this board, with more than one tuner.
Appreciate 3
BAN_M2C4178.00
FSociety3811.50
      07-03-2017, 11:43 AM   #25
BAN_M2C
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 991.2 Porsche GT3, BMW E46 M3

Garage List
1987 BMW 325is  [10.00]
2004 BMW X3  [6.50]
2018 Porsche 911 GT3  [10.00]
1974 BMW 2002tii  [10.00]
2004 BMW M3  [10.00]
Could be they are busy?

Many people are considering full tunes and everyone is anxious to see solid results from all options out there so I would think they want to throw numbers out there and convince people why pick their tuning option over other current offerings.
BruceM984.50
      07-04-2017, 06:16 AM   #26
AGM2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGM2 View Post
The you call back you local shop here in Tampa (Tuning Dynamics)
call yesterday to ask about the Burble Maps the need to talk to you first to ask abut you burble map
The never call me back this car need more sound with the stock exhaust..i don't want to buy $2K+ exhaust for sound only
FAKE NEWS
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2017, 06:37 PM   #27
TuningTech FS
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, Mercedes, & Porsche

One of my favorite M2's around. Hope all is well Karl & AA team.
Appreciate 2
      07-07-2017, 10:52 AM   #28
David@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: M2

Sorry for the delay everyone. On top of installing a new dyno PC, we've been extremely busy in the work shop. No excuse for tardiness, but here is the dyno comparison. The tuned car did also have our downpipe and intercooler installed.

Appreciate 3
      07-07-2017, 10:58 AM   #29
David@ActiveAutowerke
United_States
Rep

We aren't here to compete with other tuners for peak HP. The N55 in the M2 cannot produce 400whp reliably with the stock fuel system time after time, we've been through enough drivetrain malfunctions to know that for a fact. If you can keep the temps down and the timing up the car will be happy lap after lap.

The tune we are selling for the M2 is designed to produce clean, reliable power for a car with the stock turbo and fuel system.
Appreciate 7
      07-08-2017, 12:24 AM   #30
emdeuce
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 ZL9 6MT

Quote:
We aren't here to compete with other tuners for peak HP. The N55 in the M2 cannot produce 400whp reliably with the stock fuel system time after time, we've been through enough drivetrain malfunctions to know that for a fact. If you can keep the temps down and the timing up the car will be happy lap after lap.

The tune we are selling for the M2 is designed to produce clean, reliable power for a car with the stock turbo and fuel system.
Another reason why I'm a fan of AA. You guys focus on long term performance with all scenarios taken into consideration. No one hit wonders. I notice you guys sometime put out later in the game, however, it always takes time to innovate instead of pushing the same products as other companies.

I'll be investing in your entire line of products as soon as my warranty expires.
F15 X5 35d - 2014-2017
E36 M3 - 2009-2016
Appreciate 2
      07-08-2017, 12:42 AM   #31
BruceM
Major
Rep

So how do we figure out how much of the delta is the tune, and how much is the DP and IC? No offense, but that seems like putting a finger on the scales, doesn't it? How is that a true A/B comparison?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2017, 01:32 AM   #32
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM View Post
So how do we figure out how much of the delta is the tune, and how much is the DP and IC? No offense, but that seems like putting a finger on the scales, doesn't it? How is that a true A/B comparison?
Bruce,

All the delta is in the tune. DP and IC work in their own ways to make the tune-set load target achievable.

This is basically why stock tune sees little gains up top with most of bolt-ons.
      07-08-2017, 09:30 AM   #33
BruceM
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
Bruce,

All the delta is in the tune. DP and IC work in their own ways to make the tune-set load target achievable.

This is basically why stock tune sees little gains up top with most of bolt-ons.
I get that, up top. But in the mid to upper range, the delta is still a function of at least the DP, it seems to me, because just the DP on a stock car will still improve the mid-range....
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 07:57 PM   #34
Supremekev
Supremekev
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17' M2

Just got my AA tune installed a few hours ago and it's a pure animal. Amazing torque and high end. So quick and added burble maps definitely take my M2 to another level. Nothing negative to say and all positive. Thank you David and the team for killing it again !!!!!
Appreciate 2
      09-06-2017, 09:21 AM   #35
David@ActiveAutowerke
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supremekev View Post
Just got my AA tune installed a few hours ago and it's a pure animal. Amazing torque and high end. So quick and added burble maps definitely take my M2 to another level. Nothing negative to say and all positive. Thank you David and the team for killing it again !!!!!
No problem, glad to hear you're enjoying it!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2017, 09:25 AM   #36
Jamesembry
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Do you have any other mods?
      09-06-2017, 11:12 AM   #37
nokiaprinter
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

i just need more sounds, can it be done with just the burble map?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2017, 08:13 AM   #38
mishutka
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '17 BMW M2

Quote:
After over a year of testing with our M2, we're now releasing our performance software flash!

Our M2 has seen dozens of track days and after extensive R&D we've settled on a final tune that we believe will produce the most consistent and reliable power lap after lap without falling off or causing any drivetrain malfunctions. Being in Miami, we see some of the hottest and most humid temps in the country!

Approaching the 400whp mark has caused fueling issues with the stock fuel system and adding any more torque down low will cause power levels to drop up top when temps rise. We've been able to extract ~415 lb/ft of torque and ~378whp lap after lap without any problems. When we bumped up the torque to ~430 lb/ft the car would make inconsistent power at higher RPMs due to varied ignition timing and throttle opening. Increasing the power to 400whp led to drivetrain malfunctions caused by lowered fuel pressure.

Our ECU reflash corrects the leaner stock AFR ratio allowing us to increase boost safely and reliably. We lower the AFR sooner and more significantly compared to the stock curve to promote consistent power lap after lap. Piggyback units do not modify the AFR and thus have not proven to provide consistent performance during extended use.

Key Features:

Horsepower and torque gains throughout the entire RPM band
Recalibrated settings for a smoother and more responsive part throttle transition
Recalibrated settings for a smoother and more responsive power delivery
Modified Vanos camshaft remapping
Available "Burble" Maps
Free tech support and assistance
Multiple maps available for flashing at home (after initial reflash)

Available Options:

Cold start delete
Off Road Only Downpipe Map
Burble Option
Tuner flag removal
OBD Flashing Option

All ECU's must be removed and sent to us for the initial reflash. Customers will have an option to purchase a Simon 3 cable from us that will allow them to reflash different maps at their convenience after the first initial flash is done at Active Autowerke. The purchase of our Simon 3 cable will also include (4) custom maps set to the customer's preference.

Please feel free to post any questions or concerns in this thread!

Dyno: M2 with AA Track Flash, Complete AA Exhaust, and AA Intercooler

Hope you guys are all well after Irma. Can't wait for you to open shop. Need to ask you some questions about this, let me know when you are back up and running!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2017, 05:11 PM   #39
Supremekev
Supremekev
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17' M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesembry View Post
Quote:
Do you have any other mods?
I have a full Remus exhaust and catless downpipe.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2017, 10:06 AM   #40
David@ActiveAutowerke
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiaprinter View Post
i just need more sounds, can it be done with just the burble map?
Yes it can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishutka View Post
Hope you guys are all well after Irma. Can't wait for you to open shop. Need to ask you some questions about this, let me know when you are back up and running!
We still don't have full power back after the storm but if you have any specific questions please PM me. Are you local?

EDIT: Noticed your location is IL. We are currently still able to do software tuning so if you send us the DME we can flash it and get it back out to you asap!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2017, 12:41 PM   #41
Jamesembry
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:

Does your M2 tune address the power delay after shifting with the 6MT?
      09-18-2017, 01:09 PM   #42
David@ActiveAutowerke
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesembry View Post
Does your M2 tune address the power delay after shifting with the 6MT?
No we have not yet messed with the anti-lag settings. This was programmed in by BMW, if you are at WOT and shift above 6k rpm you'll notice that there is no lag. We may try and adjust this in the future but our current tuning does not make any changes to this feature.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2017, 02:59 PM   #43
mishutka
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '17 BMW M2

Quote:
Yes it can!

We still don't have full power back after the storm but if you have any specific questions please PM me. Are you local?

EDIT: Noticed your location is IL. We are currently still able to do software tuning so if you send us the DME we can flash it and get it back out to you asap!
I tried calling you but looks like there is still no connection. Would like to ask few things prior to sending it in, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2017, 10:11 AM   #44
David@ActiveAutowerke
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishutka View Post
I tried calling you but looks like there is still no connection. Would like to ask few things prior to sending it in, thanks!
Sorry about that, but we had our power restored last night so our phones are up and running again. Feel free to give me a call anytime today!
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread