BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Anyone Else on the Tomar?

01-18-2018, 11:33 AM   #1
jessetaylor1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 AW LCI

Anyone Else on the Tomar?

Just received a call from my dealer. My M left the port two days early on the 16th. Should arrive on port in NJ on the 2nd of February.

As per BMW Genius the car is sitting on the Tomar vessel, yet when I look it up on marinetraffic.com its showing its heading from Dadjfa;dskf or something to Germany...
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2018, 12:08 PM   #2
jessetaylor1
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Tomar left the NJ Port yesterday at 7PM, a day after expected. Should have th car soon.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2018, 09:34 AM   #3
jessetaylor1
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Just called BMW Genius, dealership arrival is scheduled for Thursday the 8th. So soon.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2018, 12:11 PM   #4
kfscoll
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 MG M2 6MT, ‘15 MW X3 35i

Congrats! Mine's been sitting at the port since 1/26 awaiting a vessel so I'm getting anxious. The only silver lining is that that longer it takes the less chance I'll be forced to drive it in crummy weather.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2018, 01:25 PM   #5
jessetaylor1
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfscoll View Post
Congrats! Mine's been sitting at the port since 1/26 awaiting a vessel so I'm getting anxious. The only silver lining is that that longer it takes the less chance I'll be forced to drive it in crummy weather.
Likewise. Want the car but the wait is bittersweet due to the weather. Don't worry about the car sitting at the port, mine took about 8 days before it left.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2018, 08:41 PM   #6
rkmjr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 ,M & Exe Pkg, MT & MPE

Garage List
Hmm, ran across this thread. My car is on the Tomar on its way over. Due in the states 3/9/18. Guess that ship just keeps going back and forth with BMW M2's.
      02-23-2018, 09:52 AM   #7
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmillerjr View Post
Hmm, ran across this thread. My car is on the Tomar on its way over. Due in the states 3/9/18. Guess that ship just keeps going back and forth with BMW M2's.
Wow, we're not on the same boat. Mine's still at the port awaiting a ship. I feel.... devastated.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2018, 10:01 PM   #8
rkmjr
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Awe, sorry to hear that! I am hoping to be in receipt of my M2 by the 3rd week of March. I am having Expel and ceramic coating put on which will delay my getting the car, but I believe it will be worth it in the long run. Keep in touch, I could drive up to give you a look and ride before yours arrives. I need an excuse to get some break-in miles on the car anyway. Like I said, keep in touch. This part of the process is grueling.
      02-23-2018, 10:14 PM   #9
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmillerjr View Post
Awe, sorry to hear that! I am hoping to be in receipt of my M2 by the 3rd week of March. I am having Expel and ceramic coating put on which will delay my getting the car, but I believe it will be worth it in the long run. Keep in touch, I could drive up to give you a look and ride before yours arrives. I need an excuse to get some break-in miles on the car anyway. Like I said, keep in touch. This part of the process is grueling.
Nice 3rd week of March is a lot sooner than your April estimate I'm also getting Xpel, but having someone local do it because I rather give my money to shops I'm friends with when I can. Gonna put tracwrap on it for the drive home and find a nice scenic route to take back home. And yea, we should definitely meet up. I rather do it when we both have our cars though, cause I'm not gonna lie, the anticipation is really killing me, so I might steal yours when you're not looking.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2018, 02:15 PM   #10
rkmjr
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List

Well, either way, we need to hook-up sometime. For my Expel, my car will be delivered to my installer (only 5 miles away) before the dealer even takes off any of the protective coverings that might be on it. The only thing they would be doing is installing the MPE and preparing for driving. The M2 will be in that shop a couple of days, then I'll take delivery. I'll probably be in Bethlehem on Sunday April 22nd for that Cars & Coffee event. Let's keep in touch. I'll keep you updated on my delivery.
Hang in there though, the more you think about it, the slower the time will pass.
      02-24-2018, 08:43 PM   #11
ShelJW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 MG BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
Wow, we're not on the same boat. Mine's still at the port awaiting a ship. I feel.... devastated.
My MG M2 is also at the port, waiting to get loaded onto a ship!

Mine is coming to So. California, so I guess it's a longer ride then to the east coast?

Can't wait... !
Appreciate 0