BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > M2 OG LCI 2017 Deal

12-31-2023, 05:29 AM   #23
Andrew2
Private
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M2 OG DCT

What colour - spec. are you after ?

Initially I did not want Long Beach Blue but being the spec. that I wanted : OG - non Competition / DCT / non electric seats / BMW dealer provided / superb condition ... I went for it and am not disappointed

I viewed a similar car in the more favourable Grey at my local dealer but it was not a patch on mine, plus the dealer personnel are absolutely shocking in their attitudes / behaviours

Another one hundred miles South and all was well

Good luck in your search ...
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2023, 06:25 AM   #24
RWDaniel
Rep
Drives: BMW 120d xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew2 View Post
What colour - spec. are you after ?

Initially I did not want Long Beach Blue but being the spec. that I wanted : OG - non Competition / DCT / non electric seats / BMW dealer provided / superb condition ... I went for it and am not disappointed

I viewed a similar car in the more favourable Grey at my local dealer but it was not a patch on mine, plus the dealer personnel are absolutely shocking in their attitudes / behaviours

Another one hundred miles South and all was well

Good luck in your search ...
I am not too fussy about the colour as long as it's an OG.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2023, 11:18 AM   #25
Shueb
Rep
Drives: Various

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-det...02307260096653

This one looks pretty on point but i guess it depends if you want to buy private or not. Im sure theyd listen to offers.

I assume you want a dct?
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2023, 04:32 PM   #26
RWDaniel
Rep

Yes, I am looking for a DCT. Thanks! Regarding the price, I am trying to spend up to £30k.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2024, 01:24 PM   #27
RWDaniel
Rep

Last minute development!
You all know I am looking to get an M2 OG. However, I have just come across a very good deal for an M2 Comp.
As much as I am leaning towards the OG, I'd appreciate if you could help to.makenup my mind 😉
Many thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2024, 02:36 PM   #28
Philly_sweden
Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 2017

Garage List
  [10.00]
  [9.50]
2017 BMW M2   [7.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWDaniel View Post
Last minute development!
You all know I am looking to get an M2 OG. However, I have just come across a very good deal for an M2 Comp.
As much as I am leaning towards the OG, I'd appreciate if you could help to.makenup my mind 😉
Many thanks!
If you like the sound of farting in a can and lawn movers get the comp
      01-02-2024, 03:20 PM   #29
murderspice
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Quote:
Last minute development!
Many thanks!
Are you planning to track it?
      01-03-2024, 03:40 AM   #30
Shueb
Rep

You prob should go try both and pick the one you like - rather than listen to us.

But for whats its worth...

I'm an OG owner, if you can find comp in your budget - then go for the comp - not that I've driven one. End of the day Comp looks better, better seats, and more powerful engine, and will probably be the car with everyone will want in 5-10 years time over a standard M2.

The only minor negatives I'm aware off with the comp is:

1. People say comp sounds shit - sound for me is super important for how you feel about a car, but me personally, think it sounds decent enough.

2. Engine can have crank hub issues (but as with anything these days, the internet has probably blown this issue up more than it actually is). I think it's also only an issue if you start adding more HP and modifying stuff - which isn't surprising.

The main reason I didn't buy a comp - budget. They were a good 10k more that the time despite the comp being only 5k more when brand new from what I remember.

Below three vids to help you anyway. From what I remember both STG and VV preferred OG - but more to do with cost than anything else.

Seen through Glass

Vehicle Virgins

Car Mad Dad
Appreciate 1
Andrew2180.00
      01-03-2024, 05:53 AM   #31
RWDaniel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly_sweden View Post
If you like the sound of farting in a can and lawn movers get the comp
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN16537.50
      01-03-2024, 05:55 AM   #32
RWDaniel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shueb View Post
You prob should go try both and pick the one you like - rather than listen to us.

I'm an OG owner, if you can find comp in your budget - then go for the comp - not that I've driven one. End of the day Comp looks better, better seats, and more powerful engine, and will probably be the car with everyone will want in 5-10 years time over a standard M2.

1. People say comp sounds shit - sound for me is super important for how you feel about a car, but me personally, think it sounds decent enough.

2. Engine can have crank hub issues (but as with anything these days, the internet has probably blown this issue up more than it actually is). I think it's also only an issue if you start adding more HP and modifying stuff - which isn't surprising.

The main reason I didn't buy a comp - budget. They were a good 10k more that the time despite the comp being only 5k more when brand new from what I remember.

Below three vids to help you anyway. From what I remember both STG and VV preferred OG - but more to do with cost than anything else.

Seen through Glass

Vehicle Virgins

Car Mad Dad
Beyond helpful as usual, Shueb.
Many thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2024, 12:18 PM   #33
E93M3MW
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Quote:

Seen through Glass

Vehicle Virgins

Car Mad Dad

Sorry but have to disagree.

I test drove both back to back as budget wasn't an issue. With the market falling out of its arse, the difference between a solid OG and a comp isn't far off. You're looking at less than 5k difference.

You can't say end of the day the Comp looks better. Looks are subjective. I came from a V8 M3, the M2C sounded absolutely awful compared to the M3 (in my opinion - also shared by the majority on here). The N55 sounds amazing. Plus, the crank hub issues (as you mentioned) on the S55 are another factor.

I do agree with you re. the seats - I found them much better in the Comp. But I figured it would be easier to retrofit seats than live with a quiet engine.

IMO - the M2C was definitely the faster car, felt more refined too.

I would put it this way, if it is a daily, the M2C will be perfect and probably the car for you.
If it is a weekend / occasional blast toy, I would 100% take the OG as it feels more raw and special.

In the end I went for an OG LCI. You get the newer tech, but the better sounding (IMO) engine.
Appreciate 1
      01-03-2024, 02:30 PM   #34
Andrew2
Private
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M2 OG DCT

Quote:
If it is a weekend / occasional blast toy, I would 100% take the OG as it feels more raw and special
My first year of OG ownership was as a daily, eight thousand epic miles

It is now that occasional car, I miss those miles but using a twenty three year old Audi B5 S4 Avant daily makes up for it ... almost
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2024, 02:38 PM   #35
///M TOWN
United_States
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.82]
Quote:
He’s not wrong…
      01-04-2024, 03:37 AM   #36
Shueb
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E93M3MW View Post
Sorry but have to disagree.

I test drove both back to back as budget wasn't an issue. With the market falling out of its arse, the difference between a solid OG and a comp isn't far off. You're looking at less than 5k difference.

You can't say end of the day the Comp looks better. Looks are subjective. I came from a V8 M3, the M2C sounded absolutely awful compared to the M3 (in my opinion - also shared by the majority on here). The N55 sounds amazing. Plus, the crank hub issues (as you mentioned) on the S55 are another factor.

I do agree with you re. the seats - I found them much better in the Comp. But I figured it would be easier to retrofit seats than live with a quiet engine.

IMO - the M2C was definitely the faster car, felt more refined too.

I would put it this way, if it is a daily, the M2C will be perfect and probably the car for you.
If it is a weekend / occasional blast toy, I would 100% take the OG as it feels more raw and special.

In the end I went for an OG LCI. You get the newer tech, but the better sounding (IMO) engine.

Yeh I hear u, regards looks - subjective for sure but the front bumper looks sharper in my opinion, (CS looks stunning with the right alloys) Comp alloys aren’t great tbh. I actually rewatched all the reviews, and pretty surprised how everyone prefers OG from driving perspective(but I haven’t driven a Comp - so couldn’t say myself).

Was actually thinking about which will be seen as the cooler car in future, and more I think about it, possibly the OG. I think the main thing people say about older cars is the character (good or bad) is what gives a car personality and in turn, makes them desirable well into the future.

So in that logic, yeh OG down the line might become the cooler of the two. Plus I love physical dials.

But I do love the front on a comp (not that the OG is bad or anything)
Appreciate 1
      01-04-2024, 03:38 AM   #37
Shueb
Rep

Ps, I’ve owned my OG for 1.5 years and I’ve put 20k miles on already!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2024, 06:01 AM   #38
Philly_sweden
Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
  [10.00]
  [9.50]
2017 BMW M2   [7.83]
Quote:
Yeh I hear u, regards looks - subjective for sure but the front bumper looks sharper in my opinion, (CS looks stunning with the right alloys) Comp alloys aren’t great tbh. I actually rewatched all the reviews, and pretty surprised how everyone prefers OG from driving perspective(but I haven’t driven a Comp - so couldn’t say myself).

Was actually thinking about which will be seen as the cooler car in future, and more I think about it, possibly the OG. I think the main thing people say about older cars is the character (good or bad) is what gives a car personality and in turn, makes them desirable well into the future.

So in that logic, yeh OG down the line might become the cooler of the two. Plus I love physical dials.

But I do love the front on a comp (not that the OG is bad or anything)
Both have physical dials though, just backlit
      01-12-2024, 05:32 AM   #39
E93M3MW
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Quote:
Ps, I’ve owned my OG for 1.5 years and I’ve put 20k miles on already!
Wow! That's some good going!
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2024, 02:42 PM   #40
Kef9
Private
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 Manual, F80 M3C Manual

Quote:
Both have physical dials though, just backlit
But only the early OG have the classic dials. I think that’s what he means.
Appreciate 1
      01-14-2024, 11:24 PM   #41
Philly_sweden
Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
  [10.00]
  [9.50]
2017 BMW M2   [7.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kef9 View Post
But only the early OG have the classic dials. I think that’s what he means.
Perhaps, but a lot of people including BMW people think they are digital
      01-16-2024, 05:50 PM   #42
Shueb
Rep

Quote:
Perhaps, but a lot of people including BMW people think they are digital
yeh tbh I was convinced they were digital.

But I still prefer my OG dials - love physical dials. Hate this trend of every sports car now going fully digital.

Just gotta looks at Bugatti / Pagani / and how they are keeping physical dials.
Appreciate 1
      01-18-2024, 03:02 PM   #43
Kef9
Private
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 Manual, F80 M3C Manual

Yep OG dials for the win. No fakery.

When I drive a car with digital dials it’s just meh. I had a ford Kuga hire car this week and the speedo dial didn’t even have numbers on it. Just a dial with a needle with the speed in text in the middle. Why do that? Every car from now will have digital dials as it’s actually cheaper to make.
Appreciate 1
      01-18-2024, 03:55 PM   #44
Philly_sweden
Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
  [10.00]
  [9.50]
2017 BMW M2   [7.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kef9 View Post
Yep OG dials for the win. No fakery.

When I drive a car with digital dials it’s just meh. I had a ford Kuga hire car this week and the speedo dial didn’t even have numbers on it. Just a dial with a needle with the speed in text in the middle. Why do that? Every car from now will have digital dials as it’s actually cheaper to make.
Still, both OG & LCI have real needles

But yes, I have 3 cars and a commuter piece of crap Renault with a digital speedo. Looks like shiet