BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Just Placed My Order

02-25-2016, 04:40 PM   #243
Driver37
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Boxster /E46 325 RIP / e30 325

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl
I'm in the order bank for more than a month now and the "estimated" production date is March. However, no production number yet...
Order banks are filling up super quick.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2016, 05:46 PM   #244
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver37 View Post
Order banks are filling up super quick.

Good luck!
Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I mean, how would this affect me?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2016, 05:48 PM   #245
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver37 View Post
I'm just happy that mine just moved to status 112!
Is yours HEA or customer allocation?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2016, 09:28 PM   #246
AlexCirci
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Talked to a BWW genius today. Mine is on Bishu Highway vessel and is expected to be at port in TX on March 9th! Anyone else with HEA car on this ship as well?

March can't come soon enough!
      02-26-2016, 07:29 AM   #247
blackholescion
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MG M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouper View Post
047 is simply a pending order for which the dealer has no allocation for that car yet. It doesn't mean much, other than the dealer has demand for that car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmaster View Post
Exactly. It means nothing really. "Your order request is now queued at this dealer". BMW can see this queue, but dealer is ultimately at mercy of BMW for granted allocations to be able to take any of those requests. That production date in that bank is also a requested date and will likely be moved forward for many.
This. Order placed at dealer in the US (in BMWNA's ordering bank) and that's about it. On my confirmation printout it specifically states no inventory which means no allocation. The only benefit to getting it in the system pre allocation is that it's in there so it automagically moves into plant acceptance, production, etc once allocation is given.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2016, 07:41 AM   #248
Benzima
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackholescion View Post
This. Order placed at dealer in the US (in BMWNA's ordering bank) and that's about it. On my confirmation printout it specifically states no inventory which means no allocation. The only benefit to getting it in the system pre allocation is that it's in there so it automagically moves into plant acceptance, production, etc once allocation is given.
Canadian system looks to be different. I will check with BMW Canada Customer Service next week.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2016, 07:47 AM   #249
blackholescion
Lieutenant
Rep

Awesome. Would be interested to know the different codes that Canada can go through!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2016, 08:09 AM   #250
Kouper
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is AW/Black 6MT

Quote:
Awesome. Would be interested to know the different codes that Canada can go through!
Spelled out in post #229...
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2016, 10:31 AM   #251
dasblack
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
I'm in the order bank for more than a month now and the "estimated" production date is March. However, no production number yet...
Yup, same here. Not sure how long I should wait..
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2016, 11:05 AM   #252
BruceM
Major
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0

Quote:
This is interesting. I have been operating under the assumption that I can "order" until the cows come home, but until my dealer gets an allocation (I'm #1 on the list), an "order" would be meaningless. And my dealer hasn't suggested such an order, for the reason given here or any other reason. Maybe I should check back in with him and ask...
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2016, 12:12 AM   #253
ried
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F31, F80

Bruce, FWIW I'm #2 on the list with BMW Seattle and haven't heard anything new yet, either.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2016, 06:00 AM   #254
blackholescion
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM View Post
This is interesting. I have been operating under the assumption that I can "order" until the cows come home, but until my dealer gets an allocation (I'm #1 on the list), an "order" would be meaningless. And my dealer hasn't suggested such an order, for the reason given here or any other reason. Maybe I should check back in with him and ask...
I'd call them and see. At the very least, putting an order in gives you peace of mind and that the process is at least moving. I honestly didn't care about putting an order in pre allocation (no quota available is what the printout says), but the dealer wanted me to come in and place it anyway. They were probably tired of everyone pestering them. ha.

You're right though, you can order until the cows come home, but without an allocation, that order is effectively meaningless.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2016, 07:21 AM   #255
weyland
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Quote:
I'd call them and see. At the very least, putting an order in gives you peace of mind and that the process is at least moving. I honestly didn't care about putting an order in pre allocation (no quota available is what the printout says), but the dealer wanted me to come in and place it anyway. They were probably tired of everyone pestering them. ha.

You're right though, you can order until the cows come home, but without an allocation, that order is effectively meaningless.

In the UK, when the dealer takes a deposit they register the sale on the main BMW system, not just their dealer system. If allocation is available you secure a build slot. If allocation is not available it makes BMW aware of the demand, but more importantly registers your sale, and your slot with that dealership for when allocation becomes available so you know that your are x in line. It also means that someone can't come along with more money or a better history with that dealership and take your slot (which is what happens with Porsche)
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2016, 10:56 AM   #256
BruceM
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ried View Post
Bruce, FWIW I'm #2 on the list with BMW Seattle and haven't heard anything new yet, either.
That is a great position to be in, for sure. I'm #1 on a list, but it's BMW Spokane. I'm #20 at Seattle. I was a little late to the party on this car (I was toodling along fine in my e36, but then totaled it ), but did some calling and figured with Spokane all they need is one car....

BMW Seattle has consistently told me that around now is when they should be getting their first allocations from the factory. Fingers crossed!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2016, 11:41 AM   #257
blackholescion
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by giger View Post
In the UK, when the dealer takes a deposit they register the sale on the main BMW system, not just their dealer system. If allocation is available you secure a build slot. If allocation is not available it makes BMW aware of the demand, but more importantly registers your sale, and your slot with that dealership for when allocation becomes available so you know that your are x in line. It also means that someone can't come along with more money or a better history with that dealership and take your slot (which is what happens with Porsche)
They do things a bit differently here. They can't place an order until it shows up in their computer as being able to be placed. You get left with a written statement of "you placed your deposit for this much and are #x in line." Of course, this doesn't mean someone can't come in with a better relationship at the dealer but if you get it in writing, you are usually safe pending local state laws and the like.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2016, 12:05 PM   #258
BruceM
Major
Rep

Quote:
They do things a bit differently here. They can't place an order until it shows up in their computer as being able to be placed. You get left with a written statement of "you placed your deposit for this much and are #x in line." Of course, this doesn't mean someone can't come in with a better relationship at the dealer but if you get it in writing, you are usually safe pending local state laws and the like.
This. I have both the price (no higher than msrp) and my place in line (#1 for allocated cars) in writing from the dealership. That writing was my condition at the time for giving them a deposit. Since then, they have received much more interest and are developing a much longer list. They do not show any signs of trying to renege, to their credit. The only satisfactory proof of their good faith, though, will be giving me what they have promised when the blessed time comes.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 02:17 PM   #259
zsoci75
Private First Class
Hungary
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB MT...every day fun!:-)

Status 155!!!☺☺☺
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 09:04 PM   #260
Driver37
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Boxster /E46 325 RIP / e30 325

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexCirc
Talked to a BWW genius today. Mine is on Bishu Highway vessel and is expected to be at port in TX on March 9th! Anyone else with HEA car on this ship as well?

Cars are being held up still. Just checked our HEA vehicle. It is still on a "release hold"
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2016, 11:23 AM   #261
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexCirc View Post

BMW opened a US port now?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2016, 02:16 PM   #262
AlexCirci
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
BMW opened a US port now?
I believe the BMW genius I spoke with mentioned that Galveston port was fairly new for them, so yes.
      03-09-2016, 05:29 PM   #263
confusion
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexCirc View Post
I believe the BMW genius I spoke with mentioned that Galveston port was fairly new for them, so yes.
Yes, it's brand new. I posted this in other thread but here as well for convenience:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300069611.html
Appreciate 1
      03-09-2016, 06:44 PM   #264
Nick2016M2
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
I called BMW Genius today regarding the allocation I got around Feb 23rd. She said it was scheduled to go into production April 10th, so it would seem things are moving slow in the factory thus far.
Appreciate 0