BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > When is start of production for MY2018?

12-16-2016, 11:52 AM   #23
Zermatt
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Can anyone confirm if individual colors have changed?

I was putting together my M3 build yesterday with Tanzanite Blue (Individual color) but today, its no longer an option. The only individual color is Azurite Black Metallic.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2016, 12:08 PM   #24
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 MB M2 CS

That memo did not include the m2. It is interesting though because I got the first allocation from my dealer for Jan- March builds and the build date is early March. Perhaps this would be a 2018? Not sure, the allocation doesn't have an indication as to model year. It is very odd that my allocation wasn't for a build in Jan.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2016, 01:00 PM   #25
IS+1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 (AW 6MT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zermatt View Post
Ordering for 2017 is now closed.

SOP for MY18 should have been July 2017 but it appears that they have changed production schedule. MY18 SOP is now March 2017 per an internal memo:
I don't know what to believe anymore... someone just wake me up when my car is ready.
Appreciate 2
Zermatt88.00
rouxeny241.00
      12-16-2016, 05:17 PM   #26
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep

The memo was also a reference to "individual" builds, so this may apply only to a limited number of cars. Anxious to hear more details.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2016, 08:59 PM   #27
dennysonr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS+1 View Post

Honestly I don't give a crap whether I get a MY2017 or MY2018, and I'd be happy to jump up one spot and "settle" for a MY2017.

The wait is killing me...
Past: 2009 135i
Past: 2006 330xi
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2016, 10:26 PM   #28
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zermatt View Post
Ordering for 2017 is now closed.

SOP for MY18 should have been July 2017 but it appears that they have changed production schedule. MY18 SOP is now March 2017 per an internal memo:
This has nothing to do with the M2, it's MY18 is still scheduled to go into production in July. The only M cars that have a change in schedule are the M3/4 which end production of MY17 in Feb and begin production of MY18 in March.

Source: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1332642
Appreciate 2
hoyasaxa702.00
ryem31042.00
      12-17-2016, 08:55 PM   #29
Sideshow
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
That's not how lists work. If your GM friend is pulling strings for you, then maybe you shouldn't flaunt that information on here. It's slightly unethical and definitely in poor taste.
It seems to me that "how lists work" vary depending on the dealership. Just ask all those that lost out on "their" car because of some nonsensical reason (didn't answer the phone between 9:14 and 9:15 on that Wednesday). We all expect dealerships to abide by a set of unwritten rules (which I think is reasonable) and then are upset (rightly) when they don't. How many threads exist of people "ordering" cars to only find out that the MSRP that the salesperson agreed to was no longer available and that they'd have to pay 5K over? "How lists work" is only how the individual dealership wishes them to work. The evidence is all over this board.

I simply had a fun, whimsical response (the reason for these boards) to a thread about people getting a MY18. There was some asshatery by ried, but thats what he does.

I would flaunt nothing on this board as there are legions of posters here that have far more knowledge and far more resources than I do and everyone would be well served to be humble and listen more often than we speak.
"Unethical" is laughable....poor taste is in the mouth of the taster.

YMMV
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2016, 03:13 AM   #30
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 2020 M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
Quote:
That's not how lists work. If your GM friend is pulling strings for you, then maybe you shouldn't flaunt that information on here. It's slightly unethical and definitely in poor taste.
It seems to me that "how lists work" vary depending on the dealership. Just ask all those that lost out on "their" car because of some nonsensical reason (didn't answer the phone between 9:14 and 9:15 on that Wednesday). We all expect dealerships to abide by a set of unwritten rules (which I think is reasonable) and then are upset (rightly) when they don't. How many threads exist of people "ordering" cars to only find out that the MSRP that the salesperson agreed to was no longer available and that they'd have to pay 5K over? "How lists work" is only how the individual dealership wishes them to work. The evidence is all over this board.

I simply had a fun, whimsical response (the reason for these boards) to a thread about people getting a MY18. There was some asshatery by ried, but thats what he does.

I would flaunt nothing on this board as there are legions of posters here that have far more knowledge and far more resources than I do and everyone would be well served to be humble and listen more often than we speak.
"Unethical" is laughable....poor taste is in the mouth of the taster.

YMMV
Fair enough, if you were able to guarantee the first MY18 at your dealership by using your personal connection to the GM and in the process jumping others who were ahead of you on the list but didn't get an MY17 allocation, then good for you. All I'm saying is that you don't need to gloat about it and yes I do find it in poor taste.

The way the "list" is supposed to work is that everyone on the list gets entered into the order bank. The date you are entered in the bank sets your place on the list. The orders are fulfilled when allocations are available in said order regardless of MY. I was just informed by my CA that my order would automatically switch to a MY18 once all their 17 allocations are spoken for and fulfilled. I would also maintain my spot on the "list" That's how it's "supposed" to work.
There isn't a separate list for MY18. At least not at my dealership, they are choosing to operate fairly and ethically and not to alienate and piss of customers for an extra buck and/or personal favors. Granted I'm not naive and I'm sure that's happening to some extent behind the scenes.

Cheers!
Appreciate 2
D CHOI581.00
Sideshow269.00
      12-18-2016, 11:34 AM   #31
D CHOI
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Fair enough, if you were able to guarantee the first MY18 at your dealership by using your personal connection to the GM and in the process jumping others who were ahead of you on the list but didn't get an MY17 allocation, then good for you. All I'm saying is that you don't need to gloat about it and yes I do find it in poor taste.

The way the "list" is supposed to work is that everyone on the list gets entered into the order bank. The date you are entered in the bank sets your place on the list. The orders are fulfilled when allocations are available in said order regardless of MY. I was just informed by my CA that my order would automatically switch to a MY18 once all their 17 allocations are spoken for and fulfilled. I would also maintain my spot on the "list" That's how it's "supposed" to work.
There isn't a separate list for MY18. At least not at my dealership, they are choosing to operate fairly and ethically and not to alienate and piss of customers for an extra buck and/or personal favors. Granted I'm not naive and I'm sure that's happening to some extent behind the scenes.

Cheers!

I'm currently #2 as of Oct on the list from starting at #4. Every time I ask about the status I'm just told they have no production number yet and doesn't seem eager to provide any helpful information in terms of where I stood in the order bank unless I ask for details. I spoke with multiple people at the dealership and they all have no clue when the next allocation will arrive. I'm just hoping there aren't any politics going on behind the scene. I'm planning on following up with them soon again to ask if any recent deliveries have been made as I noticed one m2 did according to their new inventory site. This wait is really testing my patience especially with the small fear the list isn't being honest.
Appreciate 1
Ramos862.50
      12-18-2016, 09:18 PM   #32
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Cheers!
Exactly the same here. Furthermore, the list is maintained electronically, so there would seem to be little room to screw people.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2016, 12:52 AM   #33
D CHOI
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryem3 View Post
Exactly the same here. Furthermore, the list is maintained electronically, so there would seem to be little room to screw people.
I would hope so...that the orders in the order bank in 047 status automatically moves forward once allocations are available.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2016, 12:57 PM   #34
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep

Add to this that these days your position on the list will outlive your sales associate! Mine did!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2016, 01:29 PM   #35
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 2020 M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryem3 View Post
Add to this that these days your position on the list will outlive your sales associate! Mine did!
Your sales associate died??
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2016, 09:20 PM   #36
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep

No, no, but after a year they often move on. It's not like a sales guy at Porsche, but better than a sales rep at Toyota.
Appreciate 0