BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > M2 vs... > Buy Dinan M2? Keep RS4? Wait for M2 CS?

06-03-2017, 09:37 AM   #23
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Keep the RS4 until the CS comes out. Both are going to be sought after vehicles.
      06-04-2017, 01:10 PM   #24
mtoosexy
Captain
Rep
Drives: It like I stole It.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacMacJac View Post
well, as I stated in another thread, I ended up deciding to add my name to a wait list for the CS. My dealer here, insists the car will come in around the price of the PE (which was $64.9K for the DCT version) and if I was considering that, I'd totally go <$70K for a M2CS with the S55. I'm not in a hurry, so I guess we'll find out.

I would still like to better understand why some people would "avoid the PE" cars.
I'm with ya for sure. I can wait for the CS... As long as it's a 6spd...up to $70k is what I feel comfortable paying. $64.9k sounds terrific. I have a slot for 2018 m2 and a quote for dinan upgrades sittin at the dealership. I hope they "leak" the details soon so I can make a decision!
      06-05-2017, 07:27 AM   #25
BlacMacJac
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW '20 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoosexy View Post
I'm with ya for sure. I can wait for the CS... As long as it's a 6spd...up to $70k is what I feel comfortable paying. $64.9k sounds terrific. I have a slot for 2018 m2 and a quote for dinan upgrades sittin at the dealership. I hope they "leak" the details soon so I can make a decision!
So, upgrades: I assume you could add the suspension and exhaust found on the PE as aftermarket from Dinan, but it would cost more (?) to do that to a non PE M2 than just buy the PE? If so, do you have numbers around that?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2017, 11:01 AM   #26
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Quote:
Anyone put car seats in the rear of M2?
It's a car so.. yes... people with small children do that sort of thing ..
LOL!
      06-05-2017, 09:56 PM   #27
mtoosexy
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
So, upgrades: I assume you could add the suspension and exhaust found on the PE as aftermarket from Dinan, but it would cost more (?) to do that to a non PE M2 than just buy the PE? If so, do you have numbers around that?
That thought had crossed my mind as well. Not sure if Dinan suspension is better or worse than PE's suspension. Im looking at around 70 out the door for MY 2018 with Dinan tune, turbo, intercooler, exhaust, and suspension. I am thinking that adding the tune, turbo, and intercooler to the PE would be close in price. I do like the Alpine White!
thanks for the suggestion!
      06-06-2017, 08:31 PM   #28
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
That thought had crossed my mind as well. Not sure if Dinan suspension is better or worse than PE's suspension. Im looking at around 70 out the door for MY 2018 with Dinan tune, turbo, intercooler, exhaust, and suspension. I am thinking that adding the tune, turbo, and intercooler to the PE would be close in price. I do like the Alpine White!
Dinan M2 > PE M2 > RS3

Definitely go with the Dinan with all those upgrades. At $70K you're still cheaper than what us Canadians have to pay for a bone stock model!
      06-06-2017, 11:32 PM   #29
BruceM
Major
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0

Quote:
I'd get the Dinan intake, too. Not all that much more, and the turbo sounds are worth it
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2017, 12:58 AM   #30
arwin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 AW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Dinan M2 > PE M2 > RS3

Definitely go with the Dinan with all those upgrades. At $70K you're still cheaper than what us Canadians have to pay for a bone stock model!
Not so sure about that..70K USD = 94.5K CAD!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2017, 09:09 AM   #31
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by arwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Dinan M2 > PE M2 > RS3

Not so sure about that..70K USD = 94.5K CAD!
Well after conversion sure but that's only because our dollar is absolutely tanking. Thanks to our lovely federal leadership.
      11-11-2017, 08:09 PM   #32
mtoosexy
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
well, as I stated in another thread, I ended up deciding to add my name to a wait list for the CS. My dealer here, insists the car will come in around the price of the PE (which was $64.9K for the DCT version) and if I was considering that, I'd totally go <$70K for a M2CS with the S55. I'm not in a hurry, so I guess we'll find out.

I would still like to better understand why some people would "avoid the PE" cars.
hey blackjack. just curious to see if you are still holding off for the ...comp/CS. I'm still waiting myself. Actually talked my wife into an RS3. have a buddy at the dealership, We are going to check one out next week.