BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > Introducing the Eisenmann F87 M2 Performance Exhaust System!

11-15-2016, 03:51 PM   #23
mc3456
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio

Garage List
For the first time in history, a closed valve sounds almost as good as most open valve videos.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2016, 04:34 PM   #24
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

Possible to mate this muffler to stock middle section?
      11-16-2016, 12:31 AM   #25
scaramanga
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Looking to buy a 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourscore View Post
Could you explain the valve operation please?

If the valve is opened or closed using the original BMW computer control does that mean it is operated from iDrive?

Thanks
Am v interested in this question too.

If I recall correctly, the MPE uses Bluetooth. Integration with idrive would be nice, but I fear it is linked to the Comfort/Sport/Sport+ rocker switch ?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2016, 01:29 AM   #26
AlexCirci
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Who makes the CF spoiler?
      11-16-2016, 09:13 AM   #27
IND-Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: G82 M4 / G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexCirci View Post
Who makes the CF spoiler?
The carbon fiber spoiler is part of our RKP product line for the F87
      11-16-2016, 12:05 PM   #28
MarkR262
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 / MG / Exec / 6MT

[QUOTE=Ryan@IND;20839787]With each passing year, IND’s relationship with Eisenmann GmbH approaches the ten year mark, and each year we are proud to enjoy an even closer partnership with the storied German exhaust manufacturer. Eisenmann has had the privilege of designing exhaust systems for every major M car ever created, all the way from their E30 M3 system to today’s F10 M5 and F82 M4 cars, and so the F87 M2 was a natural next step.

The F87 M2 is an M car that returns to the roots of BMW M - a simple, no fuss sports car designed for pure driving enjoyment, that rewards spirited use, and does so with restraint and class. Eisenmann’s exhaust system for the M2 had to deliver much of the same- a classic deep sound with no fuss or inline 6 rasp, even piping diameter and optimized gas flow, and an exciting yet refined appearance. Eisenmann developed and tested the M2 exhaust system over a 10 month period together with IND, carefully refining all attributes to ensure the best possible system for the M2.

Finally, after nearly a year in development, Eisenmann is proud to reveal the new M2 performance exhaust. The new system features a downpipe-back design, smooth and generously sized piping, and a sound that will capture the hearts of all M enthusiasts. The canister has been carefully shaped to be entirely concealed behind the M2’s rear bumper, and the tips are positioned to perfectly fit under the car’s rear valence. Eisenmann’s broad array of tip styles and finishes includes a variety of stainless steel tips in raw, brushed, polished, and black finishes as well as a carbon fiber tip option. Valve control is standard with the new M2 system, and transforms the sound of the car as the valve is opened or closed using the original BMW computer control. Each exhaust system is constructed by hand from 304 grade stainless steel, at Eisenmann’s Stuttgart facility.

We’re extremely proud of the new Eisenmann M2 exhaust system, and hope that all of you enjoy these first images of one of Eisenmann’s best exhausts yet!

One word: AWESOME!
Can you PM pricing, please?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2016, 04:44 PM   #29
Ryan@IND
United_States
Rep
Drives: ACR

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourscore View Post
Could you explain the valve operation please?

If the valve is opened or closed using the original BMW computer control does that mean it is operated from iDrive?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaramanga View Post
Am v interested in this question too.

If I recall correctly, the MPE uses Bluetooth. Integration with idrive would be nice, but I fear it is linked to the Comfort/Sport/Sport+ rocker switch ?
The Eisenmann will function just like the stock- through the center console Comfort/Sport/Sport+ switches, however you can bypass this with the use of the Macht Schnell EVC.

[QUOTE=MarkR262;20859205]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan@IND View Post
With each passing year, IND’s relationship with Eisenmann GmbH approaches the ten year mark, and each year we are proud to enjoy an even closer partnership with the storied German exhaust manufacturer. Eisenmann has had the privilege of designing exhaust systems for every major M car ever created, all the way from their E30 M3 system to today’s F10 M5 and F82 M4 cars, and so the F87 M2 was a natural next step.

The F87 M2 is an M car that returns to the roots of BMW M - a simple, no fuss sports car designed for pure driving enjoyment, that rewards spirited use, and does so with restraint and class. Eisenmann’s exhaust system for the M2 had to deliver much of the same- a classic deep sound with no fuss or inline 6 rasp, even piping diameter and optimized gas flow, and an exciting yet refined appearance. Eisenmann developed and tested the M2 exhaust system over a 10 month period together with IND, carefully refining all attributes to ensure the best possible system for the M2.

Finally, after nearly a year in development, Eisenmann is proud to reveal the new M2 performance exhaust. The new system features a downpipe-back design, smooth and generously sized piping, and a sound that will capture the hearts of all M enthusiasts. The canister has been carefully shaped to be entirely concealed behind the M2’s rear bumper, and the tips are positioned to perfectly fit under the car’s rear valence. Eisenmann’s broad array of tip styles and finishes includes a variety of stainless steel tips in raw, brushed, polished, and black finishes as well as a carbon fiber tip option. Valve control is standard with the new M2 system, and transforms the sound of the car as the valve is opened or closed using the original BMW computer control. Each exhaust system is constructed by hand from 304 grade stainless steel, at Eisenmann’s Stuttgart facility.

We’re extremely proud of the new Eisenmann M2 exhaust system, and hope that all of you enjoy these first images of one of Eisenmann’s best exhausts yet!

One word: AWESOME!
Can you PM pricing, please?

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by e92_m3 View Post
PM price pls. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxie View Post
Awesome! PM pricing please!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicname View Post
I think I've found the one... PM price please!
PM's on their way

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
Possible to mate this muffler to stock middle section?
This muffler will only work with the Eisenmann center connecting pipe.
      11-17-2016, 03:55 PM   #30
boostaholic786
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 N54 with MHD Custom flash

[QUOTE=Ryan@IND;20860560]The Eisenmann will function just like the stock- through the center console Comfort/Sport/Sport+ switches, however you can bypass this with the use of the Macht Schnell EVC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkR262 View Post

PM's on their way

This muffler will only work with the Eisenmann center connecting pipe.

Probably because it has bigger inlets on the rear section therefore having to purchase the mid section as well to fit.

I bet they come out with just an "axle back" version of it in the near future!
[SIZE="2"]Crimson Red E92 335i M-sport 6-speed with MHD custom stage 2+ flash only , 40% E85/93 mix,+ HRE P40S wheels, KW Clubsport, M3 sways,+BMW performance CF Mirrors, BMW Performance CF deck lid spoiler,+ CF interior trim, p3 vent boost gauge,+ LUX angel eyes (11.73@124mph on street tires)
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2016, 08:11 AM   #31
brianeck
Part Time Firetruck Crash Barrier
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340ix Mineral Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosozoku View Post
Oh. Look. Another way to make your car louder.
The "mating call" of car guys. Or something like that.

Kidding of course. I'll probably put some kind of louder exhaust on my M2.
But yeah. No power gain = no actual benefit.
And 5 lb of weight loss? My doctor tells me I need to lose 10 lb. Every year. BFD.
Then why would you do it?

m340ix Mineral Grey/Tacora Red
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2016, 09:33 PM   #32
F82FTW
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 17' M3 ZCP, 88' M5 Blk/Blk US

Price?
F80 M3 ZCP - Current...E28 M5 1/30 Blk/Blk US Spec - Current...17' 911 - SOLD...E90 M3 - Sold...F82 M4 - SOLD...F02 750Li - SOLD...Austin MINI - SOLD...E82 135is - SOLD...E89 Z4 - SOLD...F10 535i - SOLD...E30 325is - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 03:29 PM   #33
Ryan@IND
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82FTW View Post
Price?
Pm Sent!
      11-22-2016, 05:58 PM   #34
Wiffle
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 LBB

Hi Ryan@IND

Please could you send me the options and pricing. Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2016, 12:58 PM   #35
Ryan@IND
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiffle View Post
Hi Ryan@IND

Please could you send me the options and pricing. Thank you!
PM Sent
      11-14-2017, 07:41 PM   #36
untzklee
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Will the M Performance Diffuser clear the carbon fiber tips?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 08:53 AM   #37
Ryan@IND
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by untzklee View Post
Will the M Performance Diffuser clear the carbon fiber tips?
Yes it will, no clearance issues there.