BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > M2 Comp order "confirmed" for Canada!

04-20-2018, 04:08 PM   #1
TTBear
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 Huracán/'19 M2Comp/'23 X4M

M2 Comp order "confirmed" for Canada!

I know, I know... the naysayers will say that I don't have a VIN, but my dealer in Canada has confirmed that I have a July 1st build slot.

I have no reason to doubt them, as this is what I was told for an e46 M3, e92 M3, Z4M Roadster, and three different X6Ms, and every time, they were right on the money.

Anyone else have this "confirmation"?

My sales advisor is awesome. He really went to bat for me. As my dealer isn't an "M" dealer technically, they had to ask, and initially, the upper management guys (actually, girl) stated that they may not be even giving an earlier M2 Comp slot to them.

Here's to hoping that the information comes to fruition! Just need to know pricing, now, which they say should be here very shortly.
      04-21-2018, 06:43 AM   #2
Wilsm2
Mini Beast
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTBear View Post
I know, I know... the naysayers will say that I don't have a VIN, but my dealer in Canada has confirmed that I have a July 1st build slot.

I have no reason to doubt them, as this is what I was told for an e46 M3, e92 M3, Z4M Roadster, and three different X6Ms, and every time, they were right on the money.

My sales advisor is awesome. He really went to bat for me. As my dealer isn't an "M" dealer technically, they had to ask, and initially, the upper management guys (actually, girl) stated that they may not be even giving an earlier M2 Comp slot to them.

Here's to hoping that the information comes to fruition! Just need to know pricing, now, which they say should be here very shortly.
My dealer emailed me and asked if I wanted to come in and chat about the new M2 comp. they are the 2nd biggest M dealer in the UK. It seams strange, I thought there was loads of people with deposits ?
      04-21-2018, 11:36 AM   #3
///M²
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 6MT

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:

You won't get a VIN number until the car goes into production but if you have an allocation you should have a production number, without that you really don't know what the truth is.
drexplode1762.00
      04-21-2018, 12:58 PM   #4
TTBear
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M  View Post
Quote:

You won't get a VIN number until the car goes into production but if you have an allocation you should have a production number, without that you really don't know what the truth is.
Yes, I am aware of that, thanks. The process seems so far to be identical to that of all our previous cars from our dealer - sales advisor "confirms" build slot, production number follows very shortly thereafter with pricing, then VIN.
I am hopeful that this car's process is no different!
      04-21-2018, 09:47 PM   #5
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Yes if you have production number than that’s a guarantee of a build. Without a production number equals no car.

Good luck OP! Hope U.S. pricing comes out soon.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2018, 11:12 AM   #6
mastermav
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 F82

Do we have pricing released for M2 comp?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2018, 01:48 PM   #7
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

I'm on a list but nothing confirmed as of yet. Didn't realize they opened up the production book already.

Personally I'm going to wait on price before placing an order. Might be different for you as I see you have a Huracan, whereas I'm trying to decide what flavor of top ramen to have for lunch.
Appreciate 1
      04-25-2018, 02:34 PM   #8
TTBear
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermav View Post
Do we have pricing released for M2 comp?
I haven't seen any pricing released yet, but I am confident that my sales advisor will get it to me within minutes of its release in Canada! He hasn't failed me yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
I'm on a list but nothing confirmed as of yet. Didn't realize they opened up the production book already.

Personally I'm going to wait on price before placing an order. Might be different for you as I see you have a Huracan, whereas I'm trying to decide what flavor of top ramen to have for lunch.
Hahaha - hey, I LOVE ramen LOL!! And I won't be ordering it either, if it is stupidly expensive. It is going to be an epic car no doubt, but nobody should get completely idiotic with their hard-earned money! (A little bit idiotic is OK - without it, we'd all be driving Ladas or Yugos!)
      04-25-2018, 03:09 PM   #9
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Cool

Quote:

Congrats, hopefully people start to get more and more dealer confirms soon.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2018, 04:28 PM   #10
Kristalov
Dr. K
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 718 GT4RS,'19 F82, '24 G87

Garage List
From AutoCar today....

The M2 Competition costs £49,285 in manual form and £51,930 in dual-clutch guise, compared with the £46,740 starting price of the outgoing M2. First deliveries in the UK will begin in August.

[URL="http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/2018-bmw-m2-competition-new-pictures-m4-engined-coupe"]
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2018, 06:03 PM   #11
TTBear
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristalov View Post
From AutoCar today....

The M2 Competition costs £49,285 in manual form and £51,930 in dual-clutch guise, compared with the £46,740 starting price of the outgoing M2. First deliveries in the UK will begin in August.

[URL="http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/2018-bmw-m2-competition-new-pictures-m4-engined-coupe"]
Although it is difficult to translate UK pricing to that of North America, those numbers are VERY promising!!! Thanks for the info.

I can't wait to sit down and spec mine out.

Hope the wait isn't long. It's killing me lol