BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > 2018 M2 available in San Diego

10-12-2017, 11:12 PM   #23
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

I think to be honest I'm in the 'Feel sorry for you' camp.

I think the OP makes some fair points about a dealership being a business, and there are people that will be happy paying over MSRP and / or with LoJack on the car.

The problem is, this forum only has true BMW enthusiasts on it. Many of us are prepared to drive a long way, perhaps even out of state, and / or wait a long time to order a vehicle at MSRP, or below if you're very lucky. I am one of those guys, and I've been waiting for my car since early July.

I personally wouldn't be interested in an M2 loaded with the M Performance Package or with LoJack, but I recognise that it's business, and if dealers want to do that, I can't say it's wrong; it's just their choice. The over MSRP and loaded dealer order cars do seem to happen more in CA than other states, but it's also one of the most expensive states to do business in, and one of the states with wealthier customers who will stand this behaviour; again, it's business.

The only thing the OP did wrong was to mis-understand the kind of customers on this forum. We're not nasty people, though I think we came off that way to him, but we are perhaps more sensitive to deals and dealer treatment.

To be fair to the OP, his offer is better than many CA dealers are offering for an in stock, ready to go vehicle.

Give the guy a break, and OP, I hope the lesson learned is not that bimmerpost forum members are rude and agressive, rather that it's going to have to be a good deal compared to what we're paying for our cars in order for us to perceive it as such. You saying it's a great deal, and it being a OK deal compared to some other CA dealers doesn't make it a great deal on here.

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 4
ZPrime610.50
hoyasaxa685.00
Josh K8.50
COLOM210.50
      10-13-2017, 07:51 AM   #24
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezil View Post

I think the OP makes some fair points about a dealership being a business, and there are people that will be happy paying over MSRP and / or with LoJack on the car.

The problem is, this forum only has true BMW enthusiasts on it. Many of us are prepared to drive a long way, perhaps even out of state, and / or wait a long time to order a vehicle at MSRP, or below if you're very lucky. I am one of those guys, and I've been waiting for my car since early July.

I personally wouldn't be interested in an M2 loaded with the M Performance Package or with LoJack, but I recognise that it's business, and if dealers want to do that, I can't say it's wrong; it's just their choice. The over MSRP and loaded dealer order cars do seem to happen more in CA than other states, but it's also one of the most expensive states to do business in, and one of the states with wealthier customers who will stand this behaviour; again, it's business.

The only thing the OP did wrong was to mis-understand the kind of customers on this forum. We're not nasty people, though I think we came off that way to him, but we are perhaps more sensitive to deals and dealer treatment.

To be fair to the OP, his offer is better than many CA dealers are offering for an in stock, ready to go vehicle.

Give the guy a break, and OP, I hope the lesson learned is not that bimmerpost forum members are rude and agressive, rather that it's going to have to be a good deal compared to what we're paying for our cars in order for us to perceive it as such. You saying it's a great deal, and it being a OK deal compared to some other CA dealers doesn't make it a great deal on here.
I think the biggest issue was the OPs attitude and response to when we questioned him on things. Saying stuff like "we're not selling to poor people", etc., doesn't really come off well when it comes to a customer facing job.

I've got nothing against dealerships making their money, that's how business works. But being in sales myself, the OP always needs to remember the most important thing: know your audience. Going in a tirade against an enthusiastic group like ourselves will only damage his and his dealerships reputation.
Appreciate 1
hoyasaxa685.00
      10-13-2017, 11:17 AM   #25
Josh K
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i MSport Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta View Post
Quote:

I think the biggest issue was the OPs attitude and response to when we questioned him on things. Saying stuff like "we're not selling to poor people", etc., doesn't really come off well when it comes to a customer facing job.

I've got nothing against dealerships making their money, that's how business works. But being in sales myself, the OP always needs to remember the most important thing: know your audience. Going in a tirade against an enthusiastic group like ourselves will only damage his and his dealerships reputation.
I?m sorry to have reacted the way I did. It was simply a rebuttal to the comment you made with the Forbes article about how devices are used to cripple cars sold to poor people. I read that article and no where was lo jack mentioned. I know first hand we don?t set up kill switches when we install LoJack, it?s simply a beacon put in the car to track if the car is stolen.
I am not a rich person, never have been. I came from a single parent family with very little income. I have managed to work my way into California?s lower middle class by working hard. This post was simply to generate business and hopefully provide someone with the opportunity to buy a very special car. The first thing that happened it you tore it down. Now that is your choice and I now understand better the audience. Sorry to have offended anybody that is reading this post. Next time I will just not bother.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 11:24 AM   #26
Josh K
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i MSport Estoril Blue

Quote:

Thank you for being reasonable with your post. Not just tearing everything I say down, and actually siding with me a bit. I appreciate your response. This never meant to get to where it did. It was just a simple post to see if somebody was interested.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 12:18 PM   #27
Nezil
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh K View Post
Thank you for being reasonable with your post. Not just tearing everything I say down, and actually siding with me a bit. I appreciate your response. This never meant to get to where it did. It was just a simple post to see if somebody was interested.
You're very welcome Josh, best of luck with the sale and your career.

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 11:56 PM   #28
Wharf Rat
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ...

Personally, I don't see what the OP did wrong. He came here with something most folks are happy to hear about - an M2 at MSRP available now. Not one that someone saw on a website somewhere. Not some 'maybe' allocation. A car. Available now. At MSRP.
Not interested? OK, move along. No need to beat the guy up. He said it was a customer order. I have no reason to doubt that.

Last edited by Wharf Rat; 10-14-2017 at 12:09 AM..
Appreciate 2
Josh K8.50
COLOM210.50
      10-14-2017, 07:42 PM   #29
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Every time someone has to chime in and say what we are doing wrong. Well guess what my friend you don?t own a dealership and probably wouldn?t know the first thing about running a dealership. Everyone thinks that the dealership should never make money. How do you think we keep the lights on and pay employees to feed there families.
I don't know, how do the other Southern California dealerships a couple hours away from you keep the lights on and feed their families without the addition of lojack and loading cars with accessories?

My advice is you should just stick with facts. Don't tell us you just wanted to expose this awesome car to the community here. We get it, you're running a business. You offer the car with the accessories and putting it out there to see if there is interest.

Don't get upset when a forum community looks out for the consumers that are part of their own community. Your dealership offers the car as stated, maybe there will be interest, maybe there won't be.

The last time you offered a car here that was a MT you complained when it didn't move fast and the thread quickly turned into a shit storm. There is a pattern here and it's you. Is it worth it?
Appreciate 1
hoyasaxa685.00
      10-14-2017, 08:15 PM   #30
hoyasaxa
Captain
Rep
Drives: GTI | 982 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
I don't know, how do the other Southern California dealerships a couple hours away from you keep the lights on and feed their families without the addition of lojack and loading cars with accessories?

My advice is you should just stick with facts. Don't tell us you just wanted to expose this awesome car to the community here. We get it, you're running a business. You offer the car with the accessories and putting it out there to see if there is interest.

Don't get upset when a forum community looks out for the consumers that are part of their own community. Your dealership offers the car as stated, maybe there will be interest, maybe there won't be.

The last time you offered a car here that was a MT you complained when it didn't move fast and the thread quickly turned into a shit storm. There is a pattern here and it's you. Is it worth it?

What a weird coincidence! The last car was also "MSRP+LoJack," with all the M Performance / carbon fiber parts, and it too just happened to be a rejected customer order. What a wild and crazy world we live in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
This car is available as of today at BMW of San Diego
If interested, contact my buddy Josh Keaton @(970) 691-1462

He is offering the car at MSRP plus Lojack.

Good luck.
Ramos

Quote:
This actually wasn't the dealers choice of options. It was a client that built it but then for a reason, unbeknownst to me, decided he longer wanted the vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat View Post
He said it was a customer order. I have no reason to doubt that.
I'm detecting a pattern. Or, maybe, BMW of San Diego just has terrible luck.
      10-17-2017, 07:54 PM   #31
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

I took my car for service at SD BMW. They rodded the hell out of it. The tires were scrubbed badly on the corners. I hadn't been in the canyons for a month so I know it was them. Unfortunately I didn't notice until I got home so I could never prove it.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2017, 08:35 PM   #32
bobert
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: manual shift cars

10-22-2017, 01:50 PM   #33
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

Not sure why people are beating on the OP. He’s just telling you he has a car and this is the price. I get that no one likes dealerships, but sheesh.

Side note: I didn’t realize lo jack was still a thing.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2017, 02:10 PM   #34
Nezil
Major
Rep

I defended the OP because I feel like you, that he hasn't done anything wrong. If forum members are not interested personally in what he has to offer, that's fine, but no reason to flame him; makes us look awful in my opinion.

Re LoJack, I also didn't know that was a thing still, and clearly my insurance company doesn't think it's relevant either because when I got a quote for my M2, they asked if I had a tracking system and gave examples of LoJack and BMW Connected Drive. Then the advisor stopped and said, "Oh, looks like your vehicle has Connected Drive as standard, ignore that question".
Appreciate 1
pz6193274.00