BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > BMW M2 Ownership Review

09-25-2017, 05:37 PM   #1
Cibbersicks
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 F87 M2 LBB

Let me know what you think, if you enjoyed it hit the like button and subscribe, if I get enough Im planning to make some more interesting content. I want to get some better equipment too as the in-car sound quality is no™t great.

Thanks,
Tom
Austimotive

Last edited by Cibbersicks; 11-28-2022 at 02:24 PM..
Appreciate 2
V.Smurf162.00
termigni1080.00
      09-25-2017, 06:55 PM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Thank you for sharing, your voice volume is very low

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2017, 07:43 PM   #3
Cibbersicks
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Thank you for sharing, your voice volume is very low
Thanks Mike, yeah the in-car sound quality isn?t great. I used a GoPro hero session as I don?t have an external mic for the other GoPro and it screwed up the voice sound quality. It been enhanced as well, it was awful before. Comment noted, mic will be used for the next one!
Appreciate 1
      09-27-2017, 12:46 AM   #4
V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB DCT (LCI) | X3 30i

Thanks Tom,

I appreciate all the M2 reviews: mine is on a cruise to Australia so I've got another 6 weeks or so to wait and these reviews help pass the time.

I was interested in your comments about the spacers making the car feel more planted. I've read a few comments about the ride being harsh, so was curious if you thought the spacers improved that aspect of the car?

If I do fit spacers, I'll probably do the 10/12 combo to avoid any hassles : I love the wide stance the car has on the road and some spacers may well enhance that.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2017, 03:08 AM   #5
petay135
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 LCI

What made you choose the Remus box against say JB4 or JB+

I assume it does a similar job but not heard of it before. Have you had any fault codes or stutter issues?

Thanks for taking time to share your ownership thoughts so far.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2017, 05:00 PM   #6
Cibbersicks
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Smurf View Post
Thanks Tom,

I appreciate all the M2 reviews: mine is on a cruise to Australia so I've got another 6 weeks or so to wait and these reviews help pass the time.

I was interested in your comments about the spacers making the car feel more planted. I've read a few comments about the ride being harsh, so was curious if you thought the spacers improved that aspect of the car?

If I do fit spacers, I'll probably do the 10/12 combo to avoid any hassles : I love the wide stance the car has on the road and some spacers may well enhance that.

Cheers!
The spacers do really enhance the wide look, I didn?t want to go too far with 15mm, so the 12mm is really subtle, with no rubbing whatsoever.

The ride is slightly improved, a shade smoother I would say. It does however tend to track a little more into ruts in the tarmac left by trucks etc, however this is more of a crappy British road surface problem than an issue with the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petay135 View Post
What made you choose the Remus box against say JB4 or JB+

I assume it does a similar job but not heard of it before. Have you had any fault codes or stutter issues?

Thanks for taking time to share your ownership thoughts so far.
Thanks for watching the video! I went for the Remus box because of a couple of reasons, one being I have a friend who fitted one to his M135i and was pleased with it, the dealer/fitter was also highly reputable and lastly and probably most importantly, Remus as a brand is highly recognised, at least in the UK. There are many of these boxes on the market, none of them are supported by a proper ?tuning brand? other than this one.
As for not going for the JB4, I simply couldn?t find enough reputable information here in the UK about it.
I?ve had no issues with the Remus box so far, no error lights, nothing at all. Very happy. Up the higher end of the rev range it?s made a significant difference.
Appreciate 1
V.Smurf162.00
      09-30-2017, 04:04 AM   #7
bawder
Enlisted Member
England
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Apart from the low sound of your voice I enjoyed your review. Top job

I’ll probably end up watching again to fill the time before my delivery day. 2 weeks!
Appreciate 1