BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) > Questions about XPEL Stealth

09-13-2017, 04:24 PM   #1
Xtianh
LA transplant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 MG

Question Questions about XPEL Stealth

Hey guys and gals, I'm highly considering wrapping my entire M2 in XPEL Stealth. Two questions:

1. If you choose a full wrap, does XPEL Stealth cover the ENTIRE car, or will there be parts showing an awkward sliver of metallic grey where the stealth isn't wrapped?

2. My apartment building doesn't have a hose. What's the easiest/best way to to clean an xpel stealth-wrapped car?

Thanks!
      09-14-2017, 06:33 AM   #2
Bruce_SC
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Truck

Xpel Stealth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtianh View Post
Hey guys and gals, I'm highly considering wrapping my entire M2 in XPEL Stealth. Two questions:

1. If you choose a full wrap, does XPEL Stealth cover the ENTIRE car, or will there be parts showing an awkward sliver of metallic grey where the stealth isn't wrapped?

2. My apartment building doesn't have a hose. What's the easiest/best way to to clean an xpel stealth-wrapped car?

Thanks!
Great Questions, Ill give my opinions.

1. On a gloss painted car, where you are looking to change the look to a matte/stealth look, if you go with just the kit cuts, you will have some areas where you will see the gloss paint. That can be changed by doing a full custom wrap, which will cost you more and I still feel there will be areas that, just due to the nature of film, will have some exposed gloss.

2. The one thing about Xpel stealth, is that it gives a more silky feel to the paint, so cleanup is much easier. You can use a waterless process at your apartment, or you can go to the local coin op and use the water there.

Bruce
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2017, 01:24 PM   #3
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_SC View Post
Great Questions, Ill give my opinions.

1. On a gloss painted car, where you are looking to change the look to a matte/stealth look, if you go with just the kit cuts, you will have some areas where you will see the gloss paint. That can be changed by doing a full custom wrap, which will cost you more and I still feel there will be areas that, just due to the nature of film, will have some exposed gloss.

2. The one thing about Xpel stealth, is that it gives a more silky feel to the paint, so cleanup is much easier. You can use a waterless process at your apartment, or you can go to the local coin op and use the water there.

Bruce
There is at least one person here with a MG with the stealth version of xpel on it. You should see if you can contact that person and ask them about it. Probably can find that car in the photos section.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2017, 06:39 AM   #4
Bruce_SC
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Truck

Not really the same, but this is Xpel Stealth over Frozen. I understand that it isn't over gloss.

https://carolina-auto-image-3.ghost....-paint-answer/
Appreciate 0