BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls > Airbag Liability

08-07-2017, 06:26 PM   #1
RAM_F30_F87
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT; 2012 328i 6MT

Garage List
Airbag Liability

I received a postcard today regarding the following...
Takata Airbag Products Liability Litigation - BMW Settlement
https://www.autoairbagsettlement.com/en/BMW
Appreciate 1
pissclams277.50
      08-07-2017, 06:48 PM   #2
blackholescion
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MG M2

Subject to certain limited exclusions, you are a person or entity eligible to register/submit a claim for a Settlement Payment if:

You owned or leased, on June 9, 2017, a Subject Vehicle (BMW Subject Vehicles, Mazda Subject Vehicles, Subaru Subject Vehicles, Toyota Subject Vehicles) distributed for sale or lease in the United States or its territories or possessions, AND you bring or have brought your Subject Vehicle to a dealership for the manufacturer of the Subject Vehicle, for the Takata Airbag Recall Remedy; or
You sold, or returned pursuant to a lease, a Subject Vehicle distributed for sale or lease in the United States or its territories or possessions after April 11, 2013 and before June 9, 2017, if the Subject Vehicle was recalled prior to June 9, 2017.

Also, pretty sure I read BMW stopped using Takata inflators sometime in late 2015/early 2016.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2017, 11:06 PM   #3
crvz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C, '21 F150 Tremor

I appreciate this post. I am eligible for loss of value on my 135i per the terms of this class action lawsuit. I hadn't see a postcard and am no longer the registered owner, but certainly took a hit when I sold. It went under recall after I ordered another car, and the store I was selling it to walked away from the deal when my car came in. It was either renegotiate or keep the 1 series, and they pinned it all on lack of wholesale bids due to unknown resolution date of takata recall. I filled out the form on the website linked above and will look forward to my $38 when they cash out. ;-)
Appreciate 0