BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > How to track your BMW in Canada

09-06-2017, 02:42 PM   #45
Mirk
Registered
Rep
Drives: .

My M2 Arrived in Halifax Aug 29th, appears it left the port Sept 5th... my dealer is giving me an ETA of Sept 25th to arrive in Vancouver.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2017, 04:06 PM   #46
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirk View Post
My M2 Arrived in Halifax Aug 29th, appears it left the port Sept 5th... my dealer is giving me an ETA of Sept 25th to arrive in Vancouver.
Left the port as in it?s now at the VPC? Or left the VPC?

The dates sound about right if it?s at the VPC and then going to leave. Any port installed parts?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2017, 04:44 PM   #47
Mirk
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta View Post

The dates sound about right if it?s at the VPC and then going to leave. Any port installed parts?
I do not believe there is a Vehicle Preparation Center (VPC) in Canada. As I understand, it goes straight from the port to the train (or truck if you are close to the port) and the dealer does the delivery prep.

If I check the cargo ship tracking it says that it was "Discharged" Aug 29th, this is when the ship was unloaded I believe, and that it was "Delivered From", I assume from the port to the train, on Sept 5th. My dealer claims it is on the train and on route to Vancouver as of today, the 6th. So everything seems to line up.

Last edited by Mirk; 09-06-2017 at 04:53 PM.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2017, 04:47 PM   #48
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirk View Post
Quote:

I do not believe there is a Vehicle Preparation Center (VPC) in Canada. As I understand, it goes straight from the port to the train (or truck if you are close to the port) and the dealer does the delivery prep.

If I check the cargo ship tracking it says that it was "Discharged" Aug 29th, this is when the ship was unloaded I believe, and that it was "Delivered From", I assume from the port to the train, on Sept 5th. My dealer claims it is on the train and on route to Vancouver as of today, the 6th. So everything seems to line up.

Your car was almost certainly on the same ship as mine.
They installed port parts for the MY16 cars there, so I was assuming things haven?t changed, but maybe they have.

And my car has been here a while, we just celebrated our first anniversary a month ago
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2017, 04:52 PM   #49
Mirk
Registered
Rep

Quote:
They installed port parts for the MY16 cars there, so I was assuming things haven?t changed, but maybe they have.

And my car has been here a while, we just celebrated our first anniversary a month ago
Ha... got you mixed up with the guy waiting for his car.

I was told by my dealer that there were no port installed parts and that it was done at the dealer before delivery. My research appears to confirm this.

Edit: Here's a thread about it
http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=433875

Last edited by Mirk; 09-06-2017 at 04:58 PM.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2017, 10:51 PM   #50
stefan
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [5.00]
2016 BMW X1  [0.00]
FYI BMWdecoder.com link is dead
      10-11-2017, 05:07 PM   #51
Guada
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: '16 228i XD, pending '18 M2

Update on Canadian Tracking Links

Notified today (10/10/2017) about the arrival of our new 2018, Alpinweiss, manual M2. Barely one month from production date to arrival at dealer in Ottawa, Ontario. All links in the original post are active and relevant. Only glitch was that I lost sight the car between Halifax, Nova Scotia and Montreal, Quebec. (this leg was shipped by CN rail and took 8 days to clear customs and arrive at destination). Hansen's Forwarding were less than two days accepting and moving the M2 between Montreal and Ottawa dealer. Just in time for snow tires...
Appreciate 0