BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > M2 roll cage install today

02-24-2018, 02:01 AM   #1
Jordy King
Rep
Drives: M2

M2 roll cage install today

Wanted to share with the community my experience today with Studio RSR's m2 roll bar/cage install.

Powder coat from prismatic powders came out super clean, matched my burning red TE37s perfectly. This is the chromoly version so it's 30% lighter than the DOM stainless steel.

Installation took about 2.5 hrs which included taking out one front seat, rear seat cushion and the seat belts. The roll cage bolts directly into where the seat belts come out from since it's the strongest point of contact.

This cage is super "lease friendly" and does not damage any interior with the exception of a small slit underneath your floor mats on the carpet lining to bolt in the cage.

Fitment is good and flush, you lose a few inches of ride space but still plenty for daily if you like sitting far back.

Service was top notch, fast and responsive to all my questions and concerns. Would recommend to a friend, ask for Robert the owner and mention my name (jordan) for a good price.

for more info
https://studiorsr.com/products/bmw-m...ge-harness-bar

more pics on instagram, search for m2_grey
Attached Images

Last edited by Jordy King; 02-24-2018 at 02:29 AM..
Appreciate 1
      02-24-2018, 08:51 AM   #2
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordy King View Post
Wanted to share with the community my experience today with Studio RSR's m2 roll bar/cage install.

Powder coat from prismatic powders came out super clean, matched my burning red TE37s perfectly. This is the chromoly version so it's 30% lighter than the DOM stainless steel.

Installation took about 2.5 hrs which included taking out one front seat, rear seat cushion and the seat belts. The roll cage bolts directly into where the seat belts come out from since it's the strongest point of contact.

This cage is super "lease friendly" and does not damage any interior with the exception of a small slit underneath your floor mats on the carpet lining to bolt in the cage.

Fitment is good and flush, you lose a few inches of ride space but still plenty for daily if you like sitting far back.

Service was top notch, fast and responsive to all my questions and concerns. Would recommend to a friend, ask for Robert the owner and mention my name (jordan) for a good price.

for more info
https://studiorsr.com/products/bmw-m...ge-harness-bar

more pics on instagram, search for m2_grey
Can you fit wheels and tires through the top of the X in the cage to place in the back for transport ?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2018, 10:02 AM   #3
Colinv6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 comp, Mexico / Opal

Looks good but new seats required now to complete the look, just looks a little odd with the stock armchairs...
Appreciate 1
DrKevM52273.50
      02-24-2018, 11:16 PM   #4
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Looks great! But why is the rear seat not removed?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2018, 12:03 AM   #5
Orange fever
Colonel
Thailand
Rep
Drives: E36M,E46M,E90M,X5M,i3,M2,i8

looks great brotha///
love to get a rollcage but gf said no.

BMW I12 i8 Frozen Yellow- H&R springs, 22" Radenergie F10 Monoblock Forged ///
F87 M2 Aw -Vorsteiner Aero Kit, VFF-107,Macht Schnell-Springs,VF-Engineering/Hex tuning Stage Two,ER DP,Stock Exhaust,Drop-In Bmc Filter,AA Intercooler,FTP Charge pipe+boost pipe/// Wish list :Mexico delivery 2024 BMW M2 (G87)
Appreciate 1
      02-25-2018, 12:23 AM   #6
Jordy King
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colinv6 View Post
Looks good but new seats required now to complete the look, just looks a little odd with the stock armchairs...
agreed! So tempted to pull the trigger but wanted to learn to hold my own weight better before putting in buckets and i love my seat warmers
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2018, 12:28 AM   #7
Jordy King
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Can you fit wheels and tires through the top of the X in the cage to place in the back for transport ?
i was looking at it closer and measuring the width..you could prob get away with 18s..but you gotta angle and slide..looks like a lot of work to get it in and out
Appreciate 1
      02-25-2018, 12:34 AM   #8
Jordy King
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
Looks great! But why is the rear seat not removed?
I chose to keep my rear seats in for other purposes, but you could take em out if you wish..save like 15-20lbs or so i hear..the roll cage itself doesnt bolt into the back trunk like some other ones..it bolts into the upper left and right corners where your seat belt comes out of
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2018, 12:37 AM   #9
Jordy King
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange fever View Post
looks great brotha///
love to get a rollcage but gf said no.
listen to her, shes (always) right and thanks brotha!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2018, 12:56 AM   #10
HandmadeShifts
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Saw this first hand, very well designed product and solid install. Looks great in the M2, I ordered one for my car.
      02-25-2018, 06:19 AM   #11
Bt12
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5,2018 m2, 2018 x1

Roll cage is cool. Love to see the gt wing from a few angles if you have it... looks like APR?
Appreciate 0