BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > M2 6MT First impressions--coming from 335i 6MT

02-25-2017, 12:38 PM   #1
M2BSM17
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BSM M2 6MT

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
M2 6MT First impressions--coming from 335i 6MT

I took delivery of my BSM, exec package, apple car play 6MT M2 yesterday at performance center. Performance Center Delivery was awesome! It was great to see what the M2 had to offer on the track, especially since the break-in period requires a lot of restraint. Here are some of my first impressions and I'll compare some things to my 2014 335i 6MT.

1. Clutch is lighter in the M2, but not by a lot. I like the rev matching so far... It's crazy how smooth downshifts are

2. The transmission is more solid feeling clicking into gear.

3. Handling is way better, which isn't a surprise. This is something I always felt should have been better in stock form on the 335i.

4. Electric steering definitely transmits more information than the 335i.

5. Exhaust sound is awesome! I can't tell ASD is happening at all.. maybe I would notice if I disabled it for a bit, but plan to leave as is.

6. Electrons/iDrive is much better

7. Black M2 looks awesome. My 335i is also black so I thought about going LBB. I saw several LBB at performance center and I'm happy I went with black. I actually really liked the white M2 I drove. Mineral Grey is very nice too. So is LBB. You can't go wrong with any color, but liked the white a lot more than I expected I would.

8. Overall, I think the M2 is a crazy good value. It performs beyond my expectations. Also have to say that while the DCT was impressive on track, the 6MT was definitely the right choice for me. I'm keeping my 335i for now. I wasn't sure if I'd keep both, but the drive experience is different enough for me to keep both and use the 335i for most of my daily commuting and keep the M2 for occasional commuting and weekend fun.
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
      02-25-2017, 01:44 PM   #2
Destroya
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2BSM17 View Post
I took delivery of my BSM, exec package, apple car play 6MT M2 yesterday at performance center. Performance Center Delivery was awesome! It was great to see what the M2 had to offer on the track, especially since the break-in period requires a lot of restraint. Here are some of my first impressions and I'll compare some things to my 2014 335i 6MT.

1. Clutch is lighter in the M2, but not by a lot. I like the rev matching so far... It's crazy how smooth downshifts are

2. The transmission is more solid feeling clicking into gear.

3. Handling is way better, which isn't a surprise. This is something I always felt should have been better in stock form on the 335i.

4. Electric steering definitely transmits more information than the 335i.

5. Exhaust sound is awesome! I can't tell ASD is happening at all.. maybe I would notice if I disabled it for a bit, but plan to leave as is.

6. Electrons/iDrive is much better

7. Black M2 looks awesome. My 335i is also black so I thought about going LBB. I saw several LBB at performance center and I'm happy I went with black. I actually really liked the white M2 I drove. Mineral Grey is very nice too. So is LBB. You can't go wrong with any color, but liked the white a lot more than I expected I would.

8. Overall, I think the M2 is a crazy good value. It performs beyond my expectations. Also have to say that while the DCT was impressive on track, the 6MT was definitely the right choice for me. I'm keeping my 335i for now. I wasn't sure if I'd keep both, but the drive experience is different enough for me to keep both and use the 335i for most of my daily commuting and keep the M2 for occasional commuting and weekend fun.
What a great photo. I think a super clean BSM car is the best looking, especially with the black grill.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2017, 01:45 PM   #3
DrKevM5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5, F87 M2

Congratulations!! PC delivery is awesome. The active sound does sound pretty cool when you first get it. If you do a lot of highway driving the drone may start to get on your nerves. Enjoy!
Appreciate 0