BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > 2018 BMW M2 Black on Black available

03-10-2018, 07:09 PM   #23
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
I'm really starting to think you're butthurt because you overpaid for your M2 so are trying to convince everyone else that there are no deals. Or you have some other agenda. You give absolutely no useful information and extremely inaccurate information for anyone wanting to purchase a car. If you own a M2, I doubt you're as illogical and you come off to be, because it takes some amount of intelligence to earn the money for a nice car like the M2, so there has to be some point to spreading all the nonsense you spread.

Why do you make general statements "there are no M2's under MSRP" then when someone shows you there are you say "well, those deals don't apply because they're not local to me" Or "That deal isn't good enough for me" some other reasoning that pertains to you only.

Why do you use your M2 as "evidence" in your reasoning that no one can get lower than MSRP, when you live in a state with ONE dealership and the dealer rarely ever gets M cars in? Those are words from your mouth.

I'm just not convinced you're that illogical of a person. Therefore, there must be some motive behind all this.
I haven't said there are no M2s under MSRP, and in fact I have congratulated some people for getting some savings. I have said that the deals are generally on loaded cars with DCT transmissions, which is undeniable. I have also said that I don't want a loaded up car, nor a car with a DCT, which would also be obvious if you actually read my posts.

I also don't care about saving a small amount of money at the expense of significant inconvenience, a point I've made clear quite few times. This includes flying to Pennsylvania, no matter how charming your state may be :-)

In the butthead sweepstakes, you are ahead with your apparent lack of reading comprehension.
      03-10-2018, 07:11 PM   #24
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
I haven't said there are no M2s under MSRP, and in fact I have congratulated some people for getting some savings. I have said that the deals are generally on loaded cars with DCT transmissions, which is undeniable. I have also said that I don't want a loaded up car, nor a car with a DCT, which would also be obvious if you actually read my posts.

I also don't care about saving a small amount of money at the expense of significant inconvenience, a point I've made clear quite few times. This includes flying to Pennsylvania, no matter how charming your state may be :-)

In the butthead sweepstakes, you are ahead with your apparent lack of reading comprehension.
I'm not butthurt about anything other than you spreading generalized information that is vastly incorrect.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2018, 10:06 PM   #25
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm not butthurt about anything other than you spreading generalized information that is vastly incorrect.
Go buy an M2 at a significant discount and post it here; I will be among the first to congratulate you. Really.

There is more to life than saving a few hundred or a few thousand dollars on a car deal. The less you spend at the front end, the less you will lose when it comes time to resell. But buying and reselling cars is a loser's game; you almost never come out on top so it is just part of the expenses of daily living. If you like steak and I like shrimp, then one of us is going to do better when there are too many cows or too much shrimp in the wholesale market. The one who will do the best, long term, is the one who eats more shrimp when it is cheap, and switches over to tenderloin when the vegans move into town :-)
      03-10-2018, 11:09 PM   #26
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Go buy an M2 at a significant discount and post it here; I will be among the first to congratulate you. Really.

There is more to life than saving a few hundred or a few thousand dollars on a car deal. The less you spend at the front end, the less you will lose when it comes time to resell. But buying and reselling cars is a loser's game; you almost never come out on top so it is just part of the expenses of daily living. If you like steak and I like shrimp, then one of us is going to do better when there are too many cows or too much shrimp in the wholesale market. The one who will do the best, long term, is the one who eats more shrimp when it is cheap, and switches over to tenderloin when the vegans move into town :-)

For someone who thinks life is more important than saving a few thousand dollars, you sure do a lot of arguing about how dealers are overcharging and adding a bunch of expensive, useless upgrades.

I already told you I ordered one 1.5 months ago for $3518 off MSRP and it took me 3 or 4 hours total to get that deal. And you went on saying how my price was only because I have 12 dealerships within 3hrs of me and you only have 1 in your entire state and the rest of the US doesn't get deals because they don't do as much volume as my area does. Which I then explained why that doesn't work as an argument.

Are you just making contradicting arguments to get attention or what? Seriously. If so, I get it cause I've been in that position too. Negative attention is better than no attention. If that's the case, you gotta speak to whoever it is about your needs and move on without them if they aren't considerate of you.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2018, 11:55 AM   #27
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep

Quote:
For someone who thinks life is more important than saving a few thousand dollars, you sure do a lot of arguing about how dealers are overcharging and adding a bunch of expensive, useless upgrades.

I already told you I ordered one 1.5 months ago for $3518 off MSRP and it took me 3 or 4 hours total to get that deal. And you went on saying how my price was only because I have 12 dealerships within 3hrs of me and you only have 1 in your entire state and the rest of the US doesn't get deals because they don't do as much volume as my area does. Which I then explained why that doesn't work as an argument.

Are you just making contradicting arguments to get attention or what? Seriously. If so, I get it cause I've been in that position too. Negative attention is better than no attention. If that's the case, you gotta speak to whoever it is about your needs and move on without them if they aren't considerate of you.
This and the last several of your posts are appropriately described as "lastworditis"
      03-11-2018, 12:16 PM   #28
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep

Quote:
This and the last several of your posts are appropriately described as "lastworditis"
How do you come to that conclusion? I'm trying to have a conversation to understand where you're coming from because your comments make very little sense unless you either have an agenda or have some type of emotional chip on your shoulder. Or the latter is causing the former. In which case, I would be sympathetic and/or helpful with that, but not if you're gonna be dismissive and avoidant. Because, well, that resistance makes it impossible for me to be helpful or caring.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2018, 10:42 PM   #29
Wharf Rat
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPIA4v2 View Post
The rumor mills running that starting June going into MY2019, M2 will have S55 engine.
Checkmate for N55 M2, no one will touch it with 10-ft pole.
Not rumors, the next iteration will be powered by an S55.

And we all know that the current performance of the N55-equipped M2 will degrade once the '19 is released.
C'mon man... the current M2 is a great car & that won't change because a new one is "available."
Appreciate 0