BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > How much did you pay?

12-22-2017, 09:12 PM   #23
Revvvm3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
I ended up putting down a deposit on a build today. My dealer has had a 6MT blue M2 loaded up to the gills with grills and exec package and sunroof, all of which I did not want and certainly did not want to pay for. When I went in today I saw that the M2 they've had for 6 weeks or so finally sold and was still on the floor but headed out. They did have an allocation they had just received good for a build to start in several weeks. They weren't offering any deal off of MSRP, but no additional mark up and I could do ED if I want to, which time-wise is probably not going to work out for me since my planned trip to Europe is two months after the car will be completed.

They also offered fair if not extremely generous options on trade ins.

So I ordered a base model grey with zero options at MSRP. Delivery will be sometime from mid-March to early April.
Quote:
I ended up putting down a deposit on a build today. My dealer has had a 6MT blue M2 loaded up to the gills with grills and exec package and sunroof, all of which I did not want and certainly did not want to pay for. When I went in today I saw that the M2 they've had for 6 weeks or so finally sold and was still on the floor but headed out. They did have an allocation they had just received good for a build to start in several weeks. They weren't offering any deal off of MSRP, but no additional mark up and I could do ED if I want to, which time-wise is probably not going to work out for me since my planned trip to Europe is two months after the car will be completed.

They also offered fair if not extremely generous options on trade ins.

So I ordered a base model grey with zero options at MSRP. Delivery will be sometime from mid-March to early April.

Congrats man! Got an offer today for MSRP on my build today as well. Working out the kinks as we speak. Hopefully I'll join the club soon.

Current: Yas Marina Blue M4
Current : Mini Cooper S R56
Sold: E46 M3/E92 M3

KW | Fall line | Volk Racing | Recaro | Bayoptiks | BM3 | THOR | IND |
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2017, 10:23 PM   #24
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvvm3 View Post
Congrats man! Got an offer today for MSRP on my build today as well. Working out the kinks as we speak. Hopefully I'll join the club soon.
Congrats to you, as well!

My approach to car deals is to avoid obvious errors, like paying over sticker, and to buy a car at a price where I won't likely get shellacked at the end when I resell. On the other hand, my time is worth money to me, and there are things I do in my work and my life that yield financial benefits exceeding what I might get out of a prolonged car negotiation, which generally entails a lot of unpleasantness. In addition, it pays to have a reasonably good relationship with your dealer, and being a total schmuck probably won't get you there.
      12-23-2017, 11:31 PM   #25
DrAnzo2.0
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LBB 6MT

$500 off MSRP and 1.9% for 60 months
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2017, 06:49 PM   #26
JPizzz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Porsche Boxster S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2010@135i View Post
Military sales program with an additional 4000 off for Holiday special. It was new.
I thought the m2 doesn’t qualify for any holiday specials, and the USAA discount is 1k. Is this military specific?

Edit-looked up the military sales program. Great thing for bmw to offer! Thanks for your service!

Last edited by JPizzz; 12-26-2017 at 09:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2017, 10:29 PM   #27
rocke29
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2 M/T

2018 LBB
sunroof
Exec package
Apple Play
1800 miles
$53,000
Appreciate 1
Revvvm3169.50
      12-27-2017, 05:43 PM   #28
JPizzz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Porsche Boxster S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat View Post
I have to say that my CA was great. The whole process was very quick, very efficient, got the deal I wanted. Never had to engage the sales manager beyond pleasantries.

I arrived at the dealership. Looked the car over, took a few pics. Paperwork was maybe 20 minutes. Done.

I spent way more time with the BMW Genius who showed me the operation of the car. Very interesting guy, used to race for BMW back in the day.

Fully loaded (all options) $57,300 OTD with 0.99%.
What was the msrp?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2017, 06:36 PM   #29
Revvvm3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocke29 View Post
2018 LBB
sunroof
Exec package
Apple Play
1800 miles
$53,000
That's a solid deal man!

Current: Yas Marina Blue M4
Current : Mini Cooper S R56
Sold: E46 M3/E92 M3

KW | Fall line | Volk Racing | Recaro | Bayoptiks | BM3 | THOR | IND |
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2017, 06:59 PM   #30
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPizzz View Post
I thought the m2 doesn’t qualify for any holiday specials, and the USAA discount is 1k. Is this military specific?

Edit-looked up the military sales program. Great thing for bmw to offer! Thanks for your service!
USAA discount is 2k on the M2 unless you use BMWF then it kicks down to 1K and you get .99% APR for 60 mths
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2017, 07:00 PM   #31
rocke29
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2 M/T

Quote:
Quote:
2018 LBB
sunroof
Exec package
Apple Play
1800 miles
$53,000
That's a solid deal man!
Quote:
Quote:
2018 LBB
sunroof
Exec package
Apple Play
1800 miles
$53,000
That's a solid deal man!
Thanks, I thought so. That's why I flew to Kentucky to pick it up. (I live in NJ)
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2017, 06:38 PM   #32
SteveSpy
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
That's what it's looking like. Hoping more people use this page so it's easier to call around!
There's another aspect to this parlor game that takes time, is unpleasant, and unless your heart is set on buying a particular car, might not be worth your time. I have played this parlor game a couple of times without meaning to do so, and in the end I got my deal, but I probably wouldn't bother with it now because I value my time.

This involves going to a dealership that has a car you want on the lot, funds in hand, with your potential trade in vehicle (if there is one), and engaging a salesperson mano a mano. Certainly, timing can be everything and going at the end of a month or a quarter (note: end of year is fast approaching) helps. You basically go in, stick to your guns, and don't leave until the salesman (+/- the sales manager caves). This can take hours. But, salesmen exist to do deals, that's your advantage.

I bought my long gone STi that way, although in honesty I went into the dealer wanting to buy a lowly WRX, which they did not have. This was when the new STi was hard to get and everyone was marking them up by thousands of dollars over sticker; the car I looked at and drove had such a sticker. They didn't have a WRX, so I looked at the STi. The first thing I said to the salesman was, "I have never paid over sticker for a car in my life, and today is not going to be the day when I do that. I spent 4 hours at the dealership with an endless set of back and forths, with the old "good cop" (the salesman) "bad cop" (unseen sales manager supposedly in the back) routine.

In the end I got my car at a price I was willing to pay. I felt like dog shit at the end of it, but I got my car. I pulled this off completely unintentionally, however someone with motivation and patience can pull it off as a real strategy. I might well have pulled it off a month ago when I went to look at and test drive an M2; I just don't have the patience for this sort of thing and after 2 hours I said, "see you later" to the salesman and walked out. I was glad that he didn't chase me because at that point I wanted to get out of there more than I wanted to buy a car.

Calling around might get you a deal, and it might not. Showing up with a fistful of dollars is more likely to work, but it also might waste an otherwise good day for you, even if you get the car.
This doesn't work for a high demand car like the M2. This only works on a high availability high production vehicle. My M4 wasn't discounted at all. All I got was a usaa discount because it was a brand new model with huge demand. The M2 is actually worse because 2 years later they're still underproduced for the demand...
      12-28-2017, 08:39 PM   #33
Wharf Rat
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPizzz View Post
What was the msrp?
MSRP $63,345 with LBB, Exec Pkg, DCT, moonroof, CarPlay, M Driver's Pkg.
Add sales tax, subtract trade-in & deposit = cash price $57,300
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2017, 04:03 AM   #34
JoshCastillo
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

why I cannot post here ? just have a try
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2018, 06:03 PM   #35
oalvarez
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazam2 View Post
Here in SoCal no luck on getting any deals under MSRP. Only MSRP
probably why i continue to see the same cars on the dealers lots for weeks and weeks now.
Appreciate 2
ando2000.50
SNAGuy91.00
      01-14-2018, 09:19 AM   #36
eatapc
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

$2k off

I got $2k under sticker. I got prices from TrueCar. The nearest dealer to me had the highest price, but I went there and asked the salesman to beat the best price. They took $1k off. Then I showed them my USAA discount and he took another $1K off.

Interestingly, another dealer had an M2 in stock (with the factory options I wanted, but with dealer-added doodads I didn't want). The salesman would not take off anything, even with my USAA discount. The guy said I could get the discount directly from USAA after I bought the car. I was pretty sure that's not the way it works, so that did not inspire trust.
Appreciate 1
Revvvm3169.50
      01-22-2018, 04:00 AM   #37
kenloh63
Singapore
Rep

You guys are lucky cars are so affordable in US.
Unfortunately where I live, (Singapore) cars are taxed very heavily........
so whatever you guys are paying, rest assured that you've got a better deal than me!!! it generally cost about 3x what you're paying in Singapore!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2018, 06:44 PM   #38
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenloh63 View Post
so whatever you guys are paying, rest assured that you've got a better deal than me!!! it generally cost about 3x what you're paying in Singapore!!!
This is to pay for all the law enforcement expenses needed to prevent people from chewing gum, or peeing in the lifts :-)
      01-24-2018, 05:05 AM   #39
Bt12
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5,2018 m2, 2018 x1

Quote:
It’s cause the ASIA block is like rich. Lol. If you factor in the change in currency vs the USD in 2017, all of Asia basically got like 15-20% pay raises vs. us in the USA. First world problems...

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2018, 10:11 AM   #40
kenloh63
Singapore
Rep

Oh btw, we can only drive our cars for 10 yrs..... after that, you either scrap it and get back a tiny amount or you pay another 5 figure sum to extend it another 10 yrs. sigh

To be fair, our overall income tax in Singapore is lowish.....
and if cars were as cheap as US, we wouldn't be able to drive at all cos everyone will have cars.
Agree.... first world problems.....
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 07:54 AM   #41
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 Jeep Wrangler, 18 M2 LBB

Quote:
Oh btw, we can only drive our cars for 10 yrs..... after that, you either scrap it and get back a tiny amount or you pay another 5 figure sum to extend it another 10 yrs. sigh

To be fair, our overall income tax in Singapore is lowish.....
and if cars were as cheap as US, we wouldn't be able to drive at all cos everyone will have cars.
Agree.... first world problems.....
That's interesting. I've heard it's illegal to spit on the street also, a law I wouldn't mind.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 10:25 PM   #42
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

OP, Bay area and California in general is not a great place to get good pricing on an M2. If your up for a road trip the AZ dealers are all pretty easy to deal with, probably worth the SWA flight and drive home.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2018, 03:54 PM   #43
Top Gon
Bashar
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW Z4 M40i

I also couldn't get any Bay Area dealers to give me anything below $5k over MSRP and I wanted to do Euro Delivery.

Luckily BMW of Fresno had an allocation and was willing to do euro delivery MSRP
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2018, 02:03 PM   #44
c0nrad
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2018 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatapc View Post
I got $2k under sticker. I got prices from TrueCar. The nearest dealer to me had the highest price, but I went there and asked the salesman to beat the best price. They took $1k off. Then I showed them my USAA discount and he took another $1K off.

Interestingly, another dealer had an M2 in stock (with the factory options I wanted, but with dealer-added doodads I didn't want). The salesman would not take off anything, even with my USAA discount. The guy said I could get the discount directly from USAA after I bought the car. I was pretty sure that's not the way it works, so that did not inspire trust.
which NJ dealers?
Appreciate 0