BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > M2 Competition EU Delivery

05-04-2018, 10:38 AM   #45
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4chiavellif82 View Post
what dealership etc. please advise.

Roberto
My dealer wouldn't be a good choice. It is s CA dealer that has a waiting list a mile long at this point. I will believe my promised ED allocation when I'm able to place my order.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2018, 04:54 PM   #46
MSurge
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp/2015 AMG C63 507

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift Master View Post
I was hopping I can do a Euro delivery on the coming M2 Competition this summer. The 2 dealers around me said they don't do Euro Delivery on an M car. They said they are not willing to take the MSRP discount on Euro Delivery as that count toward their allocations and they can sell these cars at MSRP if not more so they are not willing to take a hit on those sales. Is that true? anyone planning on a Euro Delivery M2 Competition? I want to hear what others have been told by the dealers around them. Thanks
Total BS. I ordered the M2C and was told ED is totally an option. Costs nothing.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2018, 07:32 PM   #47
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSurge View Post
Total BS. I ordered the M2C and was told ED is totally an option. Costs nothing.
People want to do ED because it costs less. You usually can pay for the trip and still have some savings left over. ED at MSRP is a rip off.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2018, 06:32 PM   #48
Cavpilot2k
Chief Warrant Officer
Rep
Drives: like a damn lunatic

I talked to my dealer the other day (directly to the GM) and asked to get on the M2C waitlist for ED next year when I make my almost annual trip to Germany (my SWMBO is Bavarian, so we go most years to visit her family).

He said no problem, I'm number 2 on the list and that this would be a great car to do ED with. (I will probably have to let a few people step ahead of me for it to work out on my timeline, but at least I'll have that option).

So yeah, if they're telling you it can't be done with an M car or the M2C in particular, they're full of it and you should take your business elsewhere.

Now we didn't get as far as talking about pricing (ED MSRP or US MSRP) so that remains to be seen.

Last edited by Cavpilot2k; 05-21-2018 at 01:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2018, 06:37 PM   #49
Cavpilot2k
Chief Warrant Officer
Rep

Oh, and I would also tell any dealership that wants to charge over MSRP to go pack sand and take your business elsewhere (it seems to be the norm in CA).
There are plenty of dealerships who don't mark up all over the country.

If people would refuse to pay over MSRP, dealers would stop charging over MSRP. We the consumer are 100% in control of that. Unfortunately there is always that one dick who pays it anyway and let's the dealers think they can get away with it.

Don't pay over MSRP - you don't have to.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 10:21 AM   #50
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavpilot2k View Post
Oh, and I would also tell any dealership that wants to charge over MSRP to go pack sand and take your business elsewhere (it seems to be the norm in CA).

If people would refuse to pay over MSRP, dealers would stop charging over MSRP. We the consumer are 100% in control of that. Unfortunately there is always that one dick who pays it anyway and let's the dealers think they can get away with it.

I am lucky that none of the dealers in my area will charge over MSRP for any BMW.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 10:25 AM   #51
Cavpilot2k
Chief Warrant Officer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavpilot2k View Post

I am lucky that none of the dealers in my area will charge over MSRP for any BMW.
Mine either, but it sounds like in CA, especially the Bay Area, it's the norm.

Well if people with more money than sense would stop paying over MSRP, dealerships would stop charging more than MSRP.
Appreciate 1
DanG10616.00
      05-20-2018, 12:06 PM   #52
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C & 18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
People want to do ED because it costs less. You usually can pay for the trip and still have some savings left over. ED at MSRP is a rip off.
In Canada at least (and you can look at the Ordering Guide that was posted in the forum), MSRP is the same for ED and NA delivery. The bonus is you save on car rental (try to rent an M2 in Europe! ) , have an awesome car to drive around Europe, and no insurance. Still worth it.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2018, 11:04 AM   #53
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
In Canada at least (and you can look at the Ordering Guide that was posted in the forum), MSRP is the same for ED and NA delivery. The bonus is you save on car rental (try to rent an M2 in Europe! ) , have an awesome car to drive around Europe, and no insurance. Still worth it.
From what I understand, it is the norm to pay standard MSRP in Canada for ED. In the States, there is a 5% discount for ED. If a US dealer is charging regular MSRP for ED then they are a STEALER not a Dealer.
Appreciate 0