BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > M2 in Florida?

05-25-2016, 08:05 AM   #23
G8rGrl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8rGrl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenose-1er
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta View Post

What kind of crack are all these dealers on???
I think this kind of crap will die down once there are some M2s on the road and it is not such a new thing. I agree they are trying to milk the hype right now.
Went to see it. It is $80,888. A bargain! They told me the M2 is a "limited 2-year run" and "more limited than the 1M" and "only 1000 will be made" so that's why there is a markup. Then they tried to sell me the M4 competition pack since it is the same price. I just smiled and nodded. I know the real truth.

HOWEVER, the M2 is not any nicer in person than in pictures. I wasn't that impressed. It doesn't have as much presence as I want for my next car. Maybe it's the LBB (MG is my color). The interior is plain. BMW interiors just don't do it for me. I am realizing I'm luxury-performance more than performance-luxury. Pretty close to giving up my #1 spot for my MSRP M2.
Sounds like you should...

This is NOT a luxury machine, it's a sports car.
It will ride firmly, it will be loud at times, and the Dct overrun is a bit childish ( but fun for the kid in you !).

Check out the M4. If it's not luxo enough then a sounds like Mercedes/Lexus might be worth checking out.

You don't want to spend 55k and sell in 3 weeks
They had 2 M4 competition packs on the lot when I went yesterday. I could have gone home with one, no waiting. I've driven the M4 on the track and the street. I don't like the M4. I've owned a GTI. Firm rides are fine with me and I live for GOOD sound. At this stage in my life I just want luxury AND performance. At the same time. Maybe by the time the M2 GC comes around, BMW will improve its interiors and can take my money.

Edited to add: the interior of the M4 is not more luxurious than the M2. They are all the same to me on the inside. The differences are too minor to matter.
Appreciate 1
      05-25-2016, 10:24 AM   #24
Horrorgeek
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em-too View Post
That's me. G8rGrl and luvmybmmr wish we could meet up so you could see it.
Did you get yours at Reeves? I bought my MG 235i there last month. Would love to see an M2 in person in a color other than LBB (which I really dislike for some reason...) one of these days.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2016, 10:38 AM   #25
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8rGrl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenose-1er
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta View Post

What kind of crack are all these dealers on???
I think this kind of crap will die down once there are some M2s on the road and it is not such a new thing. I agree they are trying to milk the hype right now.
Went to see it. It is $80,888. A bargain! They told me the M2 is a "limited 2-year run" and "more limited than the 1M" and "only 1000 will be made" so that's why there is a markup. Then they tried to sell me the M4 competition pack since it is the same price. I just smiled and nodded. I know the real truth.

HOWEVER, the M2 is not any nicer in person than in pictures. I wasn't that impressed. It doesn't have as much presence as I want for my next car. Maybe it's the LBB (MG is my color). The interior is plain. BMW interiors just don't do it for me. I am realizing I'm luxury-performance more than performance-luxury. Pretty close to giving up my #1 spot for my MSRP M2.
This happens to be at vista... 20k over is the price... they have an m3 comp pck for 15k over as well... stay miles away is all i can recommend. They also had a regular m3 for 5k over until a few months ago...
      05-25-2016, 11:58 AM   #26
Em-too
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horrorgeek
Did you get yours at Reeves? I bought my MG 235i there last month. Would love to see an M2 in person in a color other than LBB (which I really dislike for some reason...) one of these days.
Nope. Fields in Lakeland. Reeves never called me back. Funny story though, I went to Reeves cars and coffee this month and the Reeves guys were checking out my M2. I asked them if they're getting one and they said they are allocated 6 for the year but that they had no idea when they would get one. They couldn't believe Fields had got one before them
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2016, 12:12 PM   #27
Vitacura
Ich Liebe mein BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 M240i CV, 23 X1

Quote:
Nope. Fields in Lakeland. Reeves never called me back. Funny story though, I went to Reeves cars and coffee this month and the Reeves guys were checking out my M2. I asked them if they're getting one and they said they are allocated 6 for the year but that they had no idea when they would get one. They couldn't believe Fields had got one before them
Even Ferman got one already. I'm surprised Reeves haven't yet.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2016, 12:14 PM   #28
NiceGuyEddie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

I drove one in LBB at Fields Winter Park a couple of weeks ago. They may still have it.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2016, 12:20 PM   #29
luvmybmmr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em-too
Quote:
I called reeves a few months back since I get my X5 serviced there and they said that their first allocation (they wouldn't say when that would be) was going to the dealership owner and would not be made available for customers to view.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2016, 01:53 PM   #30
Horrorgeek
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, they told me 6 for the year as well -- surprised they haven't gotten one yet.

I waited too long to get on the list -- so it was an M235i for me this time around. M2 in three years, probably.

I'm surprised Fields got one first, too.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2016, 05:43 PM   #31
luvmybmmr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 35d

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmybmmr
Just wondering if anyone has a lead on any M2s at Florida dealers that might be available for a walk-around? I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm on a list and won't be ordering for a few more months, but would at least like to see one in person. Thanks!!
We need to meet up!!
Yes!!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2016, 07:30 PM   #32
MJM33067
Rep
Drives: 2013 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
This happens to be at vista... 20k over is the price... they have an m3 comp pck for 15k over as well... stay miles away is all i can recommend. They also had a regular m3 for 5k over until a few months ago...
A few years ago my wife wanted to trade in her 3 series for a new one. I went with her to Vista BMW with print outs from Edmunds, etc. I thought the price for the new car and what they were going to give her for her trade-in was absurd. They told me you can't trust the internet and I should trust them. Insisted she go to Lauderdale BMW on Federal Highway. She got the same exact car she was interested in and the price, net of trade-in, was an incredible $8,000 lower. Not sure anybody is going to get a good deal right now on an M2 but in another year or two you will if you go to a reputable dealer.
Appreciate 2
      05-25-2016, 07:50 PM   #33
F80_M
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1/1 PSM F80, F36, G11

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, they told me 6 for the year as well -- surprised they haven't gotten one yet.

I waited too long to get on the list -- so it was an M235i for me this time around. M2 in three years, probably.

I'm surprised Fields got one first, too.
Never had a good experience dealing with reeves. People are always stuck up there.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2016, 07:53 PM   #34
Em-too
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by F22_M235i
Never had a good experience dealing with reeves. People are always stuck up there.
I'm closer to Reeves but I'll be servicing my car at Fields Lakeland.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2016, 09:05 PM   #35
CrashFL
M2 Pilot
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

Mercedes and Audi soundly beat BMW on interiors. The new A4 interior is spectacular, the S4 might not be a bad option to consider. But don't get me wrong, I'm a BMW fan. Love the driving dynamics, and I don't think an AWD Audi can come close to being as much fun as a RWD BMW.... In any case, this is a wonderful era for the automobile. Lots of great options out there.
      05-25-2016, 10:29 PM   #36
F80_M
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by F22_M235i
Yeah fields is the way to go. I only service at reeves cause I know one of the techs there.
Appreciate 1
      05-26-2016, 06:36 AM   #37
Imola3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Mk.7 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitacura View Post
Even Ferman got one already. I'm surprised Reeves haven't yet.
Is anyone here on the list at Ferman?
      05-26-2016, 06:59 AM   #38
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJM33067
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
A few years ago my wife wanted to trade in her 3 series for a new one. I went with her to Vista BMW with print outs from Edmunds, etc. I thought the price for the new car and what they were going to give her for her trade-in was absurd. They told me you can't trust the internet and I should trust them. Insisted she go to Lauderdale BMW on Federal Highway. She got the same exact car she was interested in and the price, net of trade-in, was an incredible $8,000 lower. Not sure anybody is going to get a good deal right now on an M2 but in another year or two you will if you go to a reputable dealer.
They are a scummy dealer that preys on a very large wealthy and dumb market... they have the volume to get away with this too.
      05-26-2016, 01:30 PM   #39
Horrorgeek
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F22_M235i View Post
This was the second car I've bought from them -- and I don't really enjoy the process much. I actually swore I wouldn't do it again after the first one.

The problem was, I had dealers from here, to Miami, to Jacksonville discussing deals and Reeves wound up being the best of the bunch.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2016, 01:31 PM   #40
F80_M
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
This was the second car I've bought from them -- and I don't really enjoy the process much. I actually swore I wouldn't do it again after the first one.

The problem was, I had dealers from here, to Miami, to Jacksonville discussing deals and Reeves wound up being the best of the bunch.
Haha that's what typically happens. I ended up getting my m235i from Sarasota.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2016, 01:32 PM   #41
Horrorgeek
Rep

Quote:
I take mine to Sarasota -- Reeves is way closer, but my girlfriend lives like a mile from Sarasota BMW. Haven't had any complaints, other than they never put me on the M2 list even when I was bugging them last October...
Appreciate 1
      05-26-2016, 02:44 PM   #42
Horrorgeek
Rep

Quote:
I wanted to get mine there or Braman (only because Braman had a MT, which was what I really wanted, but they refused to deal unless I made the four hour drive to Miami first), but it just didn't work out that way.

I like Sarasota -- I take my 235i down there and they wash it for free. Guys at the concierge desk are always talking to me about mods and stuff. They seem pretty okay, M2 wait list fiasco excluded.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2016, 04:15 PM   #43
dasblack
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Quote:
I wanted to get mine there or Braman (only because Braman had a MT, which was what I really wanted, but they refused to deal unless I made the four hour drive to Miami first), but it just didn't work out that way.

I like Sarasota -- I take my 235i down there and they wash it for free. Guys at the concierge desk are always talking to me about mods and stuff. They seem pretty okay, M2 wait list fiasco excluded.
I called them a few months ago, they said the waitlist was over 15 names long
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2016, 08:01 PM   #44
ric124
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 BSM MT

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Yeh vista is a bunch of crooks! When I was negotiating price for my F30, Vista called me and I said I not driving up there unless you tell me some figure over the phone. So I told them what Lauderdale was offering me and they were like thats impossible because the car isnt out yet so we actually have it over msrp. So I said thank you, have a nice day im actually on my way to lauderdale bmw in pines. they actually gave me the car for what we discussed so i ended up adding more options.
Appreciate 0