BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > 2017 M2 ED delivery last week (2/13) Week Build 3-4

02-19-2017, 10:50 PM   #1
edstorm
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

2017 M2 ED delivery last week (2/13) Week Build 3-4

Wanted to provide a quick post on my ED experience!

My M2 was a week 3-4 build I believe (built around late January early february) and I took deliver in Munich. First BMW for me! For reference, Got my allocation and order in on Sept 21 with production number(much earlier than estimated). Car actually got built in February. Put my deposit in sometime in May 2016.

The BMW welt experience was great. Had to go to the BMW museum on Sunday because its closed on Monday. That was good but the BMW factory tour was awesome. I was on the customer tour and it was only 4 of us. The regular tour had like 20-30 people lol. Anyways, seeing the 3 series being made was epic and I even got to see some m4s being made alongside. Those brakes are definitely larger! Got to see the engine build, bodyshop, painting process, machining and body work and line assemby.

The car was LBB and it came with Michelin Pilot sports. the BMW agent told me that because of the recent feedback they now make all the M2s with Michelins. Take that with a grain of salt though. There was 30 deliveries that day compared to 200 plus in the busy period so the delivery center was pretty empty. Only one other LBB was being delivered the same day as me. We're actually 10 VIN numbers apart lol.

In regards to my ED, I took the following route. Ive added some notes in regards to parking as it would help if you wanted underground parking for whatever reason.

- Munich - Fussen
Would recommend Hotel Sonne in Fussen. Its located in the center of town and has underground parking. Parking was only 8 euros and room/breaksfast was nice. Service was great and the location was amazing and only 5 mins from the neuschwanstein castle.
- Fussen- Salzburg
The Grand Sheraton Salzburg had underground parking. A little pricey at 19 eur a night for parking but Im an SPG fan so the stay was worth it for the location.
- Salzburg - Vienna
Dropped the car off in Vienna at the drop off location. Only bmw in the lot and the receiving crew were as excited as I was when I first saw my m2.

I'll report back in 10 weeks when the car arrives safe and sound!

A note on winter tires - I did not reserve or loan winter tires and it was february in Germany. BMW did not have an issue with it. Neither did Austria. But again, you have the issue with Liability falling on you if have an issue. I sure hoped I got it. Another delivery on the same day had winter tires on them and it was done before the delivery. It wasnt a problem in and around the munich, salzburg and Vienna but I did encounter a road near fussen and innsbruck where I definitely wished I didn't go down. The drive was scary with ice and rocks and I drove like 10 mph to not lose control of the car at some points. I wouldnt recommend driving south of Fussen if you didnt get winter tires for your BMW before March. The only challenge i see is if you wanted to drop the car off somewhere not in Munich, then I dont know how you would get your original rims back.

A note on fees - no fees for US customers for drop off in Vienna but there is a fee for Canadian customers from what i read. Vests and triangle signal and first aid kit were provided by BMW and needed to be taken out of the car when done with delivery. Austria needs an additional toll sticker.

Thanks to BMW Global Imports for organizing the trip! Jarred and Kunal for helping a tough situation as well.

Best thread on ED routes i found http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=931626

Thanks for reading. Here are some pics! (Sorry but cant figure out how to rotate some of the pics)
Attached Images

Last edited by edstorm; 02-21-2017 at 12:47 AM..
Appreciate 6
DCM278.00
jofus1.50
R0ME0518.50
SW192453.00
      02-20-2017, 07:21 AM   #2
///M2NYC15
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB LCI

That's awesome! Congrats. I'm doing the same with the same build. Enjoy.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2017, 11:19 AM   #3
laserbeam2
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT (June ED)

Congrats! Beautiful ride. I've got the same LBB ordered and doing my ED in June. Best of luck with waiting out the next 10 weeks
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2017, 07:04 PM   #4
JB330Ci
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI

That LBB M2 parked behind you with non-black 437M wheels looks pretty good too.

Last edited by JB330Ci; 02-22-2017 at 07:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2017, 03:01 PM   #5
dtmurf
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
1996 BMW 318is  [4.75]
2012 Audi Q5  [4.50]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
So, assuming you were going to do the museum and the factory tour on the same day as taking delivery, and your delivery time was 14:00, what time should you show up at the Welt?

When you check in, do they give you times, for example, you have to be on the 12:30 tour if you are to take delivery at 14:00?

Picked up an S5 at ingolstadt a few years ago and Audi were very structured; picked us up at 09:00 for breakfast, then the museum, then lunch, the delivery, the tour, and back for drinks and more amazing food...we didn't leave until about 19:00!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2017, 09:39 PM   #6
Space gray
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX 50

Garage List
2022 BMW iX50  [0.00]
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmurf View Post
So, assuming you were going to do the museum and the factory tour on the same day as taking delivery, and your delivery time was 14:00, what time should you show up at the Welt?

When you check in, do they give you times, for example, you have to be on the 12:30 tour if you are to take delivery at 14:00?
You can show up right when they open, check in at the reception desk and they'll direct you to the Premium Lounge. There they can help you schedule the day and they'll give you a coded card to get some freebies, including access to the museum across the street. If the tour conflicts with your delivery time, they can rearrange the delivery time then. If you get there early, you could have breakfast (free), check out the Welt, the museum, then lunch (free again, food on display varies by time of day), plant tour, car delivery, afternoon snack (free ).
Appreciate 1
dtmurf480.00
      03-01-2017, 01:21 PM   #7
dtmurf
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
1996 BMW 318is  [4.75]
2012 Audi Q5  [4.50]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
Great, thanks for the info! 20 April...only 50 days to go!
Appreciate 0