BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Dinan M2 turbo upgrade

02-02-2017, 05:21 PM   #23
No Boost
enthusiasm > practicality
United_States
Rep
Drives: 987 CS | G35x

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dt34 View Post
What I really want to see is a before an after dyno for the Dinan. Would have a better idea of value with that info. Regardless, the car in stock form is a blast on the road and on the track.
auf Deutsch is getting his M2 dynoed in like a week after his DP is installed. He's then going back a couple weeks later after stage 4 is installed for a subsequent dyno run at Fabspeed Motorsport
Appreciate 1
      02-02-2017, 06:35 PM   #24
Aronis
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

can't wait for official reviews!

Mike

2018 M5 and 2019 Porsche Boxster GTS
Prior. '94 325is, '97 M3 Lux, '16 M2
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2017, 10:57 PM   #25
serrated
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

I was the one that got dyno'd.

The guys at the shop mostly go 2000+ hp GM drag cars so they have the upgraded roller on their dynojet and they said since they upgraded the readings seem lower for normal cars like mine. Since I never got a baseline on that same dyno, there's no telling how high/low it really is.

Once I get a downpipe, I'll go back for a couple pulls. (assuming my local dealer is ok with it)
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 05:31 AM   #26
auf Deutsch
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 jackrabbit on crystal meth

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stage IV View Post
auf Deutsch is getting his M2 dynoed in like a week after his DP is installed. He's then going back a couple weeks later after stage 4 is installed for a subsequent dyno run at Fabspeed Motorsport
I'm hoping to get it dyno'd the weekend after fabrication is complete which is next weekend. I'm chomping at the bit.
2017 BSM M2|6MT|Exec|black kidneys and gills|full alcantara wheel|CF spoiler|Dinan Stage 4|Dinan COI|Dinan free flow exhaust with resonator delete|Fabspeed sport cat DP|BMS clutch stop|465 bhp|4.75/5 stars

retired: 2014 435xi|MPPK|335 bhp|3/5 stars
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 12:01 PM   #27
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

It's awesome watching everyone gather around auf Deutsch 's car waiting for the dyno results! I'm excited to get it done as well!
Appreciate 2
No Boost4021.00
      02-03-2017, 12:07 PM   #28
auf Deutsch
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 jackrabbit on crystal meth

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport View Post
It's awesome watching everyone gather around auf Deutsch 's car waiting for the dyno results! I'm excited to get it done as well!
Yeah, the pressure's on both of us to perform ....make sure the bitch is calibrated
2017 BSM M2|6MT|Exec|black kidneys and gills|full alcantara wheel|CF spoiler|Dinan Stage 4|Dinan COI|Dinan free flow exhaust with resonator delete|Fabspeed sport cat DP|BMS clutch stop|465 bhp|4.75/5 stars

retired: 2014 435xi|MPPK|335 bhp|3/5 stars
Appreciate 2
      02-03-2017, 12:08 PM   #29
imyourmaster
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2021 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport View Post
Get your jig ready. You might as well start fabricating another catted down pipe for me. You'll see the order come in from one of your dealers
Appreciate 1
BruceM984.50
      02-03-2017, 12:14 PM   #30
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by auf Deutsch View Post
Yeah, the pressure's on both of us to perform ....make sure the bitch is calibrated
Don't worry, we're ready haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imyourmaster View Post
Get your jig ready. You might as well start fabricating another catted down pipe for me. You'll see the order come in from one of your dealers
Oh yeah!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 12:25 PM   #31
DrKevM5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5, F87 M2

Just dropped mine off! Hoping to get before and after dynos. Stock run will be with Dinan Stage 1, Fabspeed 200 & Eventuri.
Appreciate 1
BruceM984.50
      02-03-2017, 02:28 PM   #32
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKevM5 View Post
Just dropped mine off! Hoping to get before and after dynos. Stock run will be with Dinan Stage 1, Fabspeed 200 & Eventuri.
Please, please, please, get a baseline dyno! You just described the exact setup I'm saving up for. I'd really like to know how it all works together with respect to power gains. I'm not expecting any gains from the intake; that purchase is just a guilty pleasure purely for the awesome sound it makes.
Appreciate 1
DrKevM52269.00
      02-03-2017, 03:51 PM   #33
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKevM5 View Post
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 05:22 PM   #34
switlikbob
Chuggin' Along
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB ///M2

Subscribed for updates. I'm curious if the eventuri makes any more power than the dinan intake.
Appreciate 1
      02-03-2017, 05:29 PM   #35
imyourmaster
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by switlikbob View Post
Subscribed for updates. I'm curious if the eventuri makes any more power than the dinan intake.
We need a stock M2 and a dyno. Then get every aftermarket performance company out there to send us everything available (to keep!!!) for the M2 so we can run a dyno for each added component and variations to get comparisons. My M2 is stock... who has a dyno and who can get the goodies?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 05:57 PM   #36
No Boost
enthusiasm > practicality
United_States
Rep
Drives: 987 CS | G35x

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by imyourmaster View Post
We need a stock M2 and a dyno. Then get every aftermarket performance company out there to send us everything available (to keep!!!) for the M2 so we can run a dyno for each added component and variations to get comparisons. My M2 is stock... who has a dyno and who can get the goodies?
Dear Jesus, that's asking a lot. It does sound cool, though.

What's the price of a dynojet? $100k?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2017, 06:56 PM   #37
switlikbob
Chuggin' Along
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB ///M2

I'm probably going to dyno mine stock at Fabspeed, then with their DP and Dinan P2 package. I can always buy the evenuri later and dyno again, but at that point, I doubt I'll even want to spend that money on an intake.
Appreciate 1
      02-04-2017, 07:14 PM   #38
imyourmaster
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by switlikbob View Post
I'm probably going to dyno mine stock at Fabspeed, then with their DP and Dinan P2 package. I can always buy the evenuri later and dyno again, but at that point, I doubt I'll even want to spend that money on an intake.
Food for thought... the Fabspeed down pipe will give you better gains than the Dinan exhaust and at the same time give you an improved (but not obnoxious) exhaust note. IMO, the money for the Dinan exhaust doesn't warrant the small HP gains. Save the money you would spend on the exhaust and get that Eventuri intake! Don't get me wrong, I think Dinan offers exceptional upgrades, but their turbo and tune is where it lies for me.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2017, 07:20 PM   #39
BruceM
Major
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Please, please, please, get a baseline dyno! You just described the exact setup I'm saving up for. I'd really like to know how it all works together with respect to power gains. I'm not expecting any gains from the intake; that purchase is just a guilty pleasure purely for the awesome sound it makes.
Fascinating. Could have sworn you said you couldn't imagine needing more power with this car.

Welcome to the Dark Side.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2017, 07:25 PM   #40
Detailers Domain
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 20 M2C / 22 X3MC

I will be going on a ride in one next week I'm excited to see and get a ride in it, if I like it I may pull the trigger.
Appreciate 1
      02-04-2017, 07:46 PM   #41
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM View Post
Fascinating. Could have sworn you said you couldn't imagine needing more power with this car.

Welcome to the Dark Side.
Yeah yeah yeah. That was during break in. Now that I have the miles on it and can really open it up, I'm, well, underwhelmed. Dont get me wrong, the car is great. It's just a little too polished and smooth. It needs to be a little rougher around the edges and with a bit more power. The intake sound is non existent and the exhaust is nice but it's not raising anyone's heart rate. In many ways the car reminds me of my Honda 929RR motorcycle. it was so well engineered in so many ways that Honda actually managed to make a 400 lb bike with 135 Hp a little dull.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2017, 07:56 PM   #42
BruceM
Major
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0

Quote:
Yeah yeah yeah. That was during break in. Now that I have the miles on it and can really open it up, I'm, well, underwhelmed. Dont get me wrong, the car is great. It's just a little too polished and smooth. It needs to be a little rougher around the edges and with a bit more power. The intake sound is non existent and the exhaust is nice but it's not raising anyone's heart rate. In many ways the car reminds me of my Honda 929RR motorcycle. it was so well engineered in so many ways that Honda actually managed to make a 400 lb bike with 135 Hp a little dull.
Get a catted DP. That will open the exhaust some, and spool the bigger turbo faster. If you need more noise than that, Dinan exhaust seems good bang for buck, with resonater delete if you really want to make a racket. Intake should also help you get more noise, of a different kind.

Actually, I now have less noise than when I started. Coded out the ASD. It sounded fine most of the time, but droned a bit and more importantly did not tell me what the engine was really doing. Too manufactured for my taste.

For the ride, you can lower it--correctly--and that will tighten it up a bit more, without shaking your molars. Or you can go coilovers, of course....
Appreciate 1
      02-04-2017, 09:54 PM   #43
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Get a catted DP. That will open the exhaust some, and spool the bigger turbo faster. If you need more noise than that, Dinan exhaust seems good bang for buck, with resonater delete if you really want to make a racket. Intake should also help you get more noise, of a different kind.

Actually, I now have less noise than when I started. Coded out the ASD. It sounded fine most of the time, but droned a bit and more importantly did not tell me what the engine was really doing. Too manufactured for my taste.

For the ride, you can lower it--correctly--and that will tighten it up a bit more, without shaking your molars. Or you can go coilovers, of course....
Yep, that's the plan. Catted DP for a little deeper, fuller sound, without being obnoxious. Intake because the sound of a turbo spooling is just so sweet.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2017, 11:33 PM   #44
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

Quote:
Quote:

Yep, that's the plan. Catted DP for a little deeper, fuller sound, without being obnoxious. Intake because the sound of a turbo spooling is just so sweet.
There's no deeper from dp, less deep on the contrary because of louder.