BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > STAR WARS: The Last Jedi (Dec 2017!)

01-26-2017, 01:59 PM   #1
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Lightbulb STAR WARS: The Last Jedi (Dec 2017!)

Never too early to discuss the greatest Movie Franchise of ALL time!

And here we have the Official title and first poster and synopsis.

I am reading some very intriguing news regarding the story, cast and characters:

Quote:
The Last Jedi, will be flashback heavy. More so than any Star Wars movie before it. These flashbacks, or 'Forcebacks' as some like to call them, will reportedly happen during Rey's training in order to show her how Kylo Ren was seduced by the Dark Side. They will also give us an origin for The Knights of Ren.

It is stated that Rian Johnson was the one who decided to do so many flashbacks, as he loves to play with that sort of time travel concept. As everyone knows, Han Solo was killed off in The Force Awakens by his son Ben Organa. Some refer to Kylo Ren's alter ego as Ben Solo, but there is evidence in the existing tie-in novels that Ben actually took his mother's last name Organa because of its ties to royalty, and that he wouldn't have assumed his father's last name of Solo, which is tied to a much seedier world of scoundrels and space pirates. That idea is believed to be explored in The Last Jedi, and if Kylo Ren does redeem himself and comes to the light side of the force to become the last Jedi, there is speculation that his official Star Wars canon name will be Jedi master Ben Organa. Obviously, there are fans who are not happy with this idea, and will continue to insist that his name is Ben Solo.

When talk of Harrison Ford returning in Star Wars: The Last Jedi first came around, many balked at the idea because of his iconic death scene. This was before news started to spread that the movie is so flashback heavy. Now, there is even more speculation that he will in fact return to help honor the memory of Carrie Fisher.

Directors Rian Johnson and Colin Trevorrow, the later of which is directing Star Wars 9, have been meeting with Disney and Lucasfilm to discuss how to move forward without Carrie Fisher's General Leia Organa. Leia has already been confirmed to appear in 2 key scenes spread across the next two sequels. One is her reunion with twin brother Luke and the other is a confrontation with Kylo Ren. Fisher is confirmed to have wrapped her scenes for Star Wars 8, and a photo shared by co-star Oscar Isaac confirms that Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher did shoot some scenes together. But there is some speculation that the reunion between Luke and Leia doesn't happen until the end of The Last Jedi and might get cut out altogether, as Disney and Lucasfilm have already said they will not be resurrecting Carrie Fisher via CG for Star Wars 9. Having Harrison Ford return in flashback, may be one of the ways that this story gets rewritten.

But what exactly will Harrison Ford be doing in these flashbacks? This latest rumor claims that it will bring Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford together on screen as Luke and Han, something The Force Awakens didn't give us. Mike Zeroh brings up an interview Harrison Ford did on Jimmy Kimmel, which indicates that this flashback was planned before the death of Carrie Fisher. Asked if his Han Solo would return in a future sequel, Harrison Ford gives a lock and key movement with his hand and mouth before wavering his hand away as if to say it could go either way. Surely not a confirmation, but not a denial either.

The big take away from all of this is that Han Solo and Luke Skywalker will be featured in a flashback sequence together, which will give fans something they wanted, but didn't get, in The Force Awakens. While the scene in question isn't revealed, the interaction between the two characters will have had to take place before the events seen in The Force Awakens.

In the canon book Star Wars: Bloodline, it explains that Han Solo and Luke Skywalker were on good terms just six years before Luke exiled himself to the planet of Ahch-To. Mike Zeroh, who is purely speculating at this point, says that the flashback may take place 8-9 years before The Force Awakens, which both actors could believably play, especially with VFX technology that could make them look younger. At this time, there is no word on reshoots for The Last Jedi.
      01-27-2017, 10:31 AM   #2
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Plus its the very last movie with Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia alive. Had seen the FX of Grand Moff Tarkin and her younger ego at Rogue One and be sure that they had to do similar things to close the story as its already written.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 1
TXSTYLE13653.00
      01-27-2017, 10:54 AM   #3
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Never too early to discuss the greatest Movie Franchise of ALL time!

And here we have the Official title and first poster and synopsis.

I am reading some very intriguing news regarding the story, cast and characters:

The logo is red instead of yellow.

Unwatchable.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2017, 11:04 AM   #4
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
The logo is red instead of yellow.

Unwatchable.
      01-27-2017, 11:05 AM   #5
DyersEve
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i M Sport

Should we expect a teaser trailer next week during the Super Bowl?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2017, 11:09 AM   #6
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyersEve View Post
Should we expect a teaser trailer next week during the Super Bowl?
That would certainly be perfect timing. But no reputable mention of trailer thus far...
      01-27-2017, 11:28 AM   #7
DyersEve
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i M Sport

Quote:
That would certainly be perfect timing. But no reputable mention of trailer thus far...
I remember that was when we got a 1st look at the force awakens. Fingers crossed I guess!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2017, 02:18 PM   #8
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
First teaser for TFA aired during the Super Bowl so I'd say chances are good.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2017, 08:26 AM   #9
ipilcher
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Compensation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Plus its the very last movie with Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia alive. Had seen the FX of Grand Moff Tarkin and her younger ego at Rogue One and be sure that they had to do similar things to close the story as its already written.
Please no!

The CG characters in Rogue One were incredibly creepy and weird. Almost ruined the movie for me.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2017, 12:00 PM   #10
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Agreed, but its the only way to continue the story as its written already.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2017, 02:34 PM   #11
HFW003
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i xdrive

I recall reading there is no CGI for Carrie Fisher as she had already finished filming for The Last Jedi and she wasn't in the next one
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2017, 07:53 PM   #12
mxa121
Major
Rep
Drives: M

Episode 8: The Last Jedi
Episode 9: We Found Another Jedi
Appreciate 0