BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Hold On M2 Production

02-03-2017, 09:22 PM   #45
Kid Eh
I used to be conceited, now I'm perfect.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCUR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Eh View Post
But one does exist with my name on it. I have a production number.
The production week is tied to the allocation/production number as mentioned above. They appear to be producing everything on schedule if not a week early right now so the delay is really puzzling.
Yes it's quite strange. In a way it's not too bad considering I can't even decide on a colour. I've changed between BSM and MG three times already

"I used to be conceited. Now I'm perfect"
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2017, 09:19 AM   #46
Bluenose-2er
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB 6MT M2

Quote:
That's impossible.
Not impossible. It is up to the dealer when the buyer's name get's added to the allocation. I had my production number pulled and switched when they had inadvertently jumped me ahead of someone who had been on the list longer. So there is room for error at the dealer end until your name is added to the allocation. I agree it likely did not happen - but don't say it is impossible (unless you knock on some wood).
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2017, 10:57 AM   #47
Kid Eh
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenose-2er View Post
Quote:
That's impossible.
Not impossible. It is up to the dealer when the buyer's name get's added to the allocation. I had my production number pulled and switched when they had inadvertently jumped me ahead of someone who had been on the list longer. So there is room for error at the dealer end until your name is added to the allocation. I agree it likely did not happen - but don't say it is impossible (unless you knock on some wood).
Yes it's 100% impossible to have 2 names associated with the same production number. My brother is a sales manager with another brand and formerly with BMW.

Appreciate 0
      02-04-2017, 02:00 PM   #48
Bluenose-2er
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB 6MT M2

Quote:
Yes it's 100% impossible to have 2 names associated with the same production number. My brother is a sales manager with another brand and formerly with BMW.
I guess you didn't ready my post. I agree it is 100% impossible to have 2 names associated with the same production number in the BMW system. But dealers sometimes do not put the customer's name into the system right away - then it is up to the reliability of the dealer's tracking system of who they gave that allocation to.

Originally, I was just joking about you both having been promised the same production number. Chances are very small. But don't tell me something is impossible when it isn't. I had a production number given to me, then taken away, so it is not impossible until it is under your name in the system.
Appreciate 1
BFLY78.50
      02-04-2017, 03:08 PM   #49
Kid Eh
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
I guess you didn't ready my post. I agree it is 100% impossible to have 2 names associated with the same production number in the BMW system. But dealers sometimes do not put the customer's name into the system right away - then it is up to the reliability of the dealer's tracking system of who they gave that allocation to.

Originally, I was just joking about you both having been promised the same production number. Chances are very small. But don't tell me something is impossible when it isn't. I had a production number given to me, then taken away, so it is not impossible until it is under your name in the system.
It is under my name in the system. Anyway I guess waiting is half the fun

Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 12:01 PM   #50
hshot_rooke
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
I already called BMW Canada and they see my order with all my details. Just no build date yet. I'm still trying to figure out how all this works. From doing some reading every dealer gets a bunch of allocations per year. Better selling dealerships get more. Then every month BMW will fill those allocations. Might be 1 one month and 3 the next month etc. Then this is where it's a little grey for me. Does the dealer then tell BMW which one of those production numbers gets that months allocation(s)?
Kid Eh, I just called BMW Canada with my production number and they told me a VIN has not been issued yet and so they cannot tell me anything about build date or details of the build or owner of the production number/car.

Do you mean you called the dealer and your order is in at T&C? Or do you mean you already have a VIN assigned to you?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 12:11 PM   #51
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

The great Canadian car buying telenovela continues!

All joking aside, you hope they straighten this out soon for your guys' sanity.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 12:12 PM   #52
BruceM
Major
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0

Quote:
It is under my name in the system. Anyway I guess waiting is half the fun
I waited over a year, through two deposits (neither of which resulted in a slot), a broken down ship once the car was built, a ridiculously slow and bad transport on land across country, etc.

Now that I have the car, trust me, waiting is nowhere near half the fun.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 01:17 PM   #53
Kid Eh
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hshot_rooke View Post
Kid Eh, I just called BMW Canada with my production number and they told me a VIN has not been issued yet and so they cannot tell me anything about build date or details of the build or owner of the production number/car.

Do you mean you called the dealer and your order is in at T&C? Or do you mean you already have a VIN assigned to you?
No I mean I called BMW Canada. Gave them my production number. No VIN yet or else I wouldn't be here moaning . The guy on the phone read out all my details including color and options I ordered and they were correct.

Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 01:18 PM   #54
Kid Eh
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM View Post
Now that I have the car, trust me, waiting is nowhere near half the fun.
Somehow I knew it wouldn't be

Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 01:47 PM   #55
///Mē
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 6MT

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
No I mean I called BMW Canada. Gave them my production number. No VIN yet or else I wouldn't be here moaning . The guy on the phone read out all my details including color and options I ordered and they were correct.
VIN# gets issued just before production starts, find it strange that you don't have a production week, that usually comes with the production number. Ask the salesman for a print out of the confirmation order/production form, that's were mine had all the info. Status should be 111, priorty code should be CU - Customer Sold, all the info you need is on this sheet.
      02-06-2017, 04:12 PM   #56
Kid Eh
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2ME2 View Post
VIN# gets issued just before production starts, find it strange that you don't have a production week, that usually comes with the production number. Ask the salesman for a print out of the confirmation order/production form, that's were mine had all the info. Status should be 111, priorty code should be CU - Customer Sold, all the info you need is on this sheet.
Yes I don't know what to say. I have that sheet and it has all the info including the 111 but no production week. It even says sold and has something that says stock number.

Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 08:00 PM   #57
///Mē
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 6MT

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Yes I don't know what to say. I have that sheet and it has all the info including the 111 but no production week. It even says sold and has something that says stock number.
Hang in there, a little odd no production week, at least you have the production #, the is killer not knowing when...would drive me bananas!
Kid Eh569.50
      02-18-2017, 06:23 AM   #58
hshot_rooke
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
My salesman tells me there may be a delay in getting my car. He said there's currently a hold on production. Anyone hear such a thing?
Kid Eh, tried replying to your pm, but your mailbox is full and won't let me message you. May want to empty it.
Appreciate 1
Kid Eh569.50
      02-18-2017, 06:58 AM   #59
Kid Eh
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hshot_rooke View Post
Quote:
My salesman tells me there may be a delay in getting my car. He said there's currently a hold on production. Anyone hear such a thing?
Kid Eh, tried replying to your pm, but your mailbox is full and won't let me message you. May want to empty it.
Thanks!!

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 08:47 AM   #60
BFLY
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
2020 BMW/M2C  [0.00]
2012 BMW X5 3.5d  [0.00]
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Same happened to me! Had production number, and got switched to another 4 months later delivery.
Appreciate 0