BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Akrapovic exhaust

02-20-2017, 06:43 PM   #1
reddemon
Private
Rep
Drives: m2

Akrapovic exhaust

I have some queries wrt to this xzos. Will appreciate some answers.

1)installing the akra without the soundkit will make the exhaust valves works exactly the same as stock?

2)the soundkit serves to open the valves (as long as you activate it to leave it open) regardless of which rev range the car is in?

3)when you shut down the car without closing the valve with the soundkit, and when you next fire up the car, will the valves be open?or do i need to activate the app or switch again to open the valves?

4)i've watched alot of clips on youtube and here in bimmerposts and i understand it doesnt really bring out the true sound of the exhaust.
So my question is, if i DO NOT change my downpipe and just the akra, will the sound REALLY makes alot of difference?

I am very interested in some of the exhaust you guys have but unfortunately in my country, the laws are pretty tough on aftermarket exhaust systems.

Akra without downpipe is legal though hence considering if i should really go ahead with it.

thanks very much for the answers!
Appreciate 1
Supadice1017.50
      02-20-2017, 08:57 PM   #2
Supadice
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS

get the downpipe
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2017, 10:42 PM   #3
reddemon
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supadice View Post
get the downpipe
would love to.but illegal in my country.

$500 fine 1st time.
and need to revert and go inspection again.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2017, 10:42 PM   #4
UltraMagneticAL
Meh
Rep
Drives: M3CS & Cayman S

Garage List
2019 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddemon View Post
I have some queries wrt to this xzos. Will appreciate some answers.

1)installing the akra without the soundkit will make the exhaust valves works exactly the same as stock?

2)the soundkit serves to open the valves (as long as you activate it to leave it open) regardless of which rev range the car is in?

3)when you shut down the car without closing the valve with the soundkit, and when you next fire up the car, will the valves be open?or do i need to activate the app or switch again to open the valves?

4)i've watched alot of clips on youtube and here in bimmerposts and i understand it doesnt really bring out the true sound of the exhaust.
So my question is, if i DO NOT change my downpipe and just the akra, will the sound REALLY makes alot of difference?

I am very interested in some of the exhaust you guys have but unfortunately in my country, the laws are pretty tough on aftermarket exhaust systems.

Akra without downpipe is legal though hence considering if i should really go ahead with it.

thanks very much for the answers!
1. the comfort/sport settings affect the valves same as stock. no need for sound kit

2. sound kit opens/closes the valves no matter what setting the car is in (comfort/sport)

3. not really sure about this, but i think it resets.

4. the akra alone is plenty loud in sport at WOT. In comfort, it's still quiet enough to hold conversations while cruising on the highways. even in sport at cruising speeds, it's still not *that* loud.

the cheapest way to get sound is to upgrade the DP. Akra is cool because you get a slight bump in power, lose a bit of weight since it's made of titanium, and also get nice sound
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2017, 10:46 PM   #5
Supadice
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS

Quote:

$500 fine 1st time.
I have the catted one, even that is illegal?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2017, 08:49 AM   #6
reddemon
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supadice View Post
Quote:

$500 fine 1st time.
I have the catted one, even that is illegal?
In my country if the cats are not stock it is illegal even if u have a catted aftermarket one.
Appreciate 0