BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > Triple M (M2-M4-M6) photoshoot in Vietnam

02-09-2017, 09:32 PM   #45
m3rxn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: boosted Inline 6's

great shots dude
Appreciate 1
H.I.T409.50
      02-10-2017, 05:11 AM   #46
alvinabed
First Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: 13 AWSO M5,16 DGMR X5M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.I.T View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Various businesses:import/export, selling luxury items, construction, etc. The owner of a popular wedding store in my hometown drives an i8. Let's say it's $150k in the US, it's about $450k in Vietnam. I'm always amazed at the wealth that exists there- people with Bentleys, Lambo aventadors, etc.
Mine is the M6

The i8 is different, since tax in Vietnam based on many factors, engine capacity is one of those. i8 has 1.5L one so tax is signiticant lower. You can buy an new i8 for *just* 250k$.

@all: I can see people amazed by how expensive car price is in Vietnam, and other Asian countries as well. There're lots of tax, fee ..etc. and it gonna increase year over year.
The country needs tax to build infrastructure. I've been travelling and driving in many Asian countries, as well as Europe and the US (lived in Denver for 3 years), and believe me, infrastructure and public transportation in Vietnam is the WORST:
- Big cities like Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh city have crazy traffic, with millions of motorbike heading toward you , most of foreigners can't even walk across the street.
- Highway system is just new. We had the first highway just 5 years ago (can you guys believe that?) and the quality is nothing compare to those in the US or Europe.
- So many motorbike is a big issue. Citizen has no choice, because public transportation is terrible. Only buses, no metro or light rail. The goverment is building some mono-rail train in big cities, however the process is very slow.

Luckily, I don't live in those big cities, just a small town, with no traffic jam, so I have chance to experience my beloved M6 to the fullest

Other than that, Vietnam is a wonderful country, with spectacular scenery, friendly people and wonderful food . You guys definitely should come and experience. If anybody comes to the North of Vietnam, drop me a message and I will advice you the best thing to try

FYI, here's price of popular BMWs in Vietnam (officially imported by authorized dealer - not included 12% registration tax)
- BMW 118i: 60k
- BMW 320i: 66k
- BMW 330i: 80k
- BMW 420i cab: 130k
- BMW 520i: 95k
- BMW 640i GC: 172k
- BMW 730Li: 182k
- BMW 740Li: 222k (with most of optional equipment)
- BMW 750Li: 395k (with most of optional equipment)
- BMW X5, X6 xDrive35i: 168k
- BMW M2: 140k
- BMW M4 coupe: 180k
- BMW M3 sedan: 180k
- BMW M6 GC: 297k (no optional equipment, prior to tax increase in mid-2016, since then they don't import any M6)

Crazy price, but still can't compete with Singapore
Greeting from Indonesia.. we are on the same boat!!! We pay so much to get cars above 3.0L. It is also no difference with traffic in Indonesia. The only chance to max out our cars are only midnight or very early in the morning.. do you guys have ///M club there?
upgrades: RKP front spoiler, M performance carbon spoiler, 3D design rear carbon diffuser, KW HAS Sleeve Kit, Akrapovic Evolution Carbon tips, ind black LCI front and rear grills, GruppeM RAM intake, 20" HRE P104 satin charcoal with PSS tires)
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2017, 09:40 AM   #47
JTO24
never could compete with Lloyd Braun
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 6MT

Great pics! I like the frontal shot showing the progression of aggressiveness in the front air dams; from the older 6er to newer 2er.

Plus, it's interesting that the M6 doesn't have a shark fin.
2015 F80 M3 DCT | Tanzanite Blue | Gold Brown (sold)
2013 E92 M3 6MT | Mineral White | Fox Red/Black (sold)
Appreciate 1
H.I.T409.50
      02-10-2017, 07:28 PM   #48
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinabed View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Various businesses:import/export, selling luxury items, construction, etc. The owner of a popular wedding store in my hometown drives an i8. Let's say it's $150k in the US, it's about $450k in Vietnam. I'm always amazed at the wealth that exists there- people with Bentleys, Lambo aventadors, etc.
Mine is the M6

The i8 is different, since tax in Vietnam based on many factors, engine capacity is one of those. i8 has 1.5L one so tax is signiticant lower. You can buy an new i8 for *just* 250k$.

@all: I can see people amazed by how expensive car price is in Vietnam, and other Asian countries as well. There're lots of tax, fee ..etc. and it gonna increase year over year.
The country needs tax to build infrastructure. I've been travelling and driving in many Asian countries, as well as Europe and the US (lived in Denver for 3 years), and believe me, infrastructure and public transportation in Vietnam is the WORST:
- Big cities like Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh city have crazy traffic, with millions of motorbike heading toward you , most of foreigners can't even walk across the street.
- Highway system is just new. We had the first highway just 5 years ago (can you guys believe that?) and the quality is nothing compare to those in the US or Europe.
- So many motorbike is a big issue. Citizen has no choice, because public transportation is terrible. Only buses, no metro or light rail. The goverment is building some mono-rail train in big cities, however the process is very slow.

Luckily, I don't live in those big cities, just a small town, with no traffic jam, so I have chance to experience my beloved M6 to the fullest

Other than that, Vietnam is a wonderful country, with spectacular scenery, friendly people and wonderful food . You guys definitely should come and experience. If anybody comes to the North of Vietnam, drop me a message and I will advice you the best thing to try

FYI, here's price of popular BMWs in Vietnam (officially imported by authorized dealer - not included 12% registration tax)
- BMW M6 GC: 297k (no optional equipment, prior to tax increase in mid-2016, since then they don't import any M6)

Greeting from Indonesia.. we are on the same boat!!! We pay so much to get cars above 3.0L. It is also no difference with traffic in Indonesia. The only chance to max out our cars are only midnight or very early in the morning.. do you guys have ///M club there?
I doubt it. Thinking maybe I can team up with HIT and start one. Lol

@H.I.T. - we need to meet up next time I'm in VN.
Appreciate 1
H.I.T409.50
      02-11-2017, 05:07 AM   #49
jackaleyess
Lieutenant
Malaysia
Rep
Drives: 2011 528i M-sport (sold), 2018

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Mine is the M6

Wow.. the prices are crazy bro! We in Malaysia enjoy at least 15% off the price u are paying in VN.

Just gotten my new Infiniti Q50 2.0T for $50k.

Of course, Singapore is crazy but if u are driving in Sg u can see there are so many nice cars around. So many of them drive up North to Malaysia to speed on our highway.
      02-12-2017, 09:18 AM   #50
mlust
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

love the pics and location. Thanks for sharing
Appreciate 1
H.I.T409.50
      02-13-2017, 11:05 PM   #51
raysspl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: walking, bicycle, & bus

Looking real good Vietnam!
      03-07-2017, 08:09 PM   #52
H.I.T
Private First Class
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinabed View Post
Hello from Vietnam. We haven't had a 'proper' ///M Club here in Vietnam, but I'm creating one. Can't wait to see it grows and gathers all ///M enthusiasts

Car club communities in Indo are insane I've seen many video on Youtube about you guys, Lambor club or ///M Club. I hope we at ///M Club Indo and Vietnam can have a meeting sometime in the future

I met Mr. Sunny Medalla, head of MINI ASIA, who used to work at BMW Indo. He talked about M Club Indo and how great the club is. I'm eagerly to do something similar and would like to meet and share passion with you guys . Keep in touch
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2017, 08:11 PM   #53
H.I.T
Private First Class
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
I doubt it. Thinking maybe I can team up with HIT and start one. Lol

@H.I.T. - we need to meet up next time I'm in VN.
Sure, looking forward to seeing you

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTO24 View Post
Great pics! I like the frontal shot showing the progression of aggressiveness in the front air dams; from the older 6er to newer 2er.

Plus, it's interesting that the M6 doesn't have a shark fin.
You mean the side signal? or the shape like the M4?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2017, 06:41 PM   #54
Luca114
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Sweet combo
Appreciate 0