BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW 2017 Father’s Day Film | What Drives You?

06-24-2017, 05:17 PM   #45
OSee
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoenG View Post
Yeah, I considered this scenario amongst many others. But a good promo film should not have this much freedom for total diametral opposites in interpretation. It compromises the message brought across.

So maybe yes, it could also be the synopsis of a beautiful story. It might as well not.
A good film means many things to many people. But still presents a complete arch.

This did that. In spades.

You guys need to get hobbies lol
Appreciate 1
      06-24-2017, 05:44 PM   #46
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Add me to the 'don't get it', or actually, 'I see this thing coming, niiice try w/ the lame-o angle but they did it wrong' camp.

Such low-lying fruit, so easy to get bought. The kid's a punk, turns 16 and gets a M2 (or did he cause his dad to have an 'accident' so that he can steal the car lmao), and immediately takes it to the track to showoff to his crippled dad. He has no regards for his feelings at all, notice that he scared the crap out of his father when he entered the room in the rush to drive that Bimmer lol. Doesn't help that the kid has a very punchable face esp when he gives that lame speech in the car and the dad looks like a cuckold lol.

Audi one was way better and made more sense. No wonder this one's by some amateur director.

Last edited by tranquility; 06-24-2017 at 06:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2017, 08:45 PM   #47
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

Should have had hand controls and Dad could drive it himself. Standard kit for anybody w/ paraplegia (not always paid for by insurance, but if you got an M2...).
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2017, 11:05 AM   #48
BitchinManWheels
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M4, Z4, X5, Raptor

That's my track!!! INDE Motorsports Ranch!