BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Trump to ban migrants from 6 Muslim countries

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-07-2017, 07:09 PM   #1475
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
8698
Rep
17,809
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
It's not the US system that is fucked up. Why should we pay for someone else being a fucking lazy cheap shit?

Seriously? 6 nations put on pause is going to fuck up the world?

OMG THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

I seriously hope you just forgot the sarcasm font in your typing.
Dude, six nations that has killed none of you.

That's bad marketing. Bad marketing leads to bad deals, I read it from a book that doesn't have Donald Trump on the cover.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
This is what is good about religion, but it is not religion that is the foundation--it is basic human morals and caring for the fellow man.
Even atheists should respect smart words said on a forum.
Appreciate 1
      03-07-2017, 07:17 PM   #1476
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
8698
Rep
17,809
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fravel View Post

What would you propose we do about random individuals that do stupid things for their own reasons? It's not exactly a problem with an obvious solution.
There is no way to protect yourself from a random attack. Unabomber all that shit.

What I can tell you, and this is a fact, if people feel included to a society, they are more likely to preserve it. I'll back this up with studies written in English tomorrow if I must, but we all know this, this isn't some hippie bs, this isn't saving the muslims, the humans always are sheep and if the pack excludes ome, the one turns against them.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
This is what is good about religion, but it is not religion that is the foundation--it is basic human morals and caring for the fellow man.
Even atheists should respect smart words said on a forum.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2017, 07:42 PM   #1477
Greyfox
Colonel
Greyfox's Avatar
United_States
640
Rep
2,089
Posts

Drives: 2007 328xi E91
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: USA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Dude, six nations that has killed none of you.

That's bad marketing. Bad marketing leads to bad deals, I read it from a book that doesn't have Donald Trump on the cover.
And those nations cannot tell you that the person they gave a passport to is actually who the person is.

Please try to think on more than one level.
Appreciate 1
anglo7557

      03-07-2017, 09:13 PM   #1478
MKSixer
Colonel
4051
Rep
2,384
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [0.00]
2015 BMW i8  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
And those nations cannot tell you that the person they gave a passport to is actually who the person is.

Please try to think on more than one level.
An example:

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/world...ing-visas.html
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Hell, I get random sausage attacks when I go anywhere.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2017, 09:33 PM   #1479
uberschnell
Brigadier General
uberschnell's Avatar
No_Country
447
Rep
3,951
Posts

Drives: Wide Body 1
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (48)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fravel View Post

What would you propose we do about random individuals that do stupid things for their own reasons? It's not exactly a problem with an obvious solution.
I would ban Muslims immigration from Iran, Libya, Yemen, Syria, Somalia and Sudan - of course!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2017, 09:09 AM   #1480
Jaghave
Colonel
776
Rep
2,160
Posts

Drives: 2016 BMW 340i (Auto) RWD
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberschnell View Post
I would ban Muslims immigration from Iran, Libya, Yemen, Syria, Somalia and Sudan - of course!
Considering those nations lack a government that we can reily on documents provided and that they are overly hostile to western nation which can generate many of those indoviduals i agree with the ban.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2017, 09:18 AM   #1481
fravel
Lieutenant Colonel
fravel's Avatar
United_States
826
Rep
1,923
Posts

Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Nasti 'Nati

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
There is no way to protect yourself from a random attack. Unabomber all that shit.

What I can tell you, and this is a fact, if people feel included to a society, they are more likely to preserve it. I'll back this up with studies written in English tomorrow if I must, but we all know this, this isn't some hippie bs, this isn't saving the muslims, the humans always are sheep and if the pack excludes ome, the one turns against them.
No arguments there, but how do we fix it? Some people are just straight up anti-social and weird (see: Dylan Roof).

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberschnell View Post
I would ban Muslims immigration from Iran, Libya, Yemen, Syria, Somalia and Sudan - of course!
So you don't have any suggestions on ways to improve, you just want to bitch about the steps that are being taken, got it.
__________________
Appreciate 2
Lups8698

      03-08-2017, 09:24 AM   #1482
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
8698
Rep
17,809
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fravel View Post
No arguments there, but how do we fix it? Some people are just straight up anti-social and weird (see: Dylan Roof).
i think we need to borrow a page from the school shooting prevention programs we have here, the people who does these seem to have similar pasts.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
This is what is good about religion, but it is not religion that is the foundation--it is basic human morals and caring for the fellow man.
Even atheists should respect smart words said on a forum.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2017, 09:25 AM   #1483
Greyfox
Colonel
Greyfox's Avatar
United_States
640
Rep
2,089
Posts

Drives: 2007 328xi E91
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: USA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
i think we need to borrow a page from the school shooting prevention programs we have here, the people who does these seem to have similar pasts.
Oh so you are in favor of Eugenics and profiling?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2017, 09:43 AM   #1484
fravel
Lieutenant Colonel
fravel's Avatar
United_States
826
Rep
1,923
Posts

Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Nasti 'Nati

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
i think we need to borrow a page from the school shooting prevention programs we have here, the people who does these seem to have similar pasts.
See I'm not so sure, I don't see any pattern between these people other than the fact that they are generally just fucked up people.

EDIT: Also, the quoted statement above is not consistent with what you wrote last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups
There is no way to protect yourself from a random attack. Unabomber all that shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Oh so you are in favor of Eugenics and profiling?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2017, 09:50 AM   #1485
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
8698
Rep
17,809
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fravel View Post
See I'm not so sure, I don't see any pattern between these people other than the fact that they are generally just fucked up people.



We know both have felt theyve been rejected from their social network, and they've all been having mental health issues.in a few years I hope the anti bullying programs will bring relief in both issues, but we parents really need to do our part too.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
This is what is good about religion, but it is not religion that is the foundation--it is basic human morals and caring for the fellow man.
Even atheists should respect smart words said on a forum.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2017, 02:12 PM   #1486
fbsm
Banned
752
Rep
1,741
Posts

Drives: 4wheels
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: backroads

iTrader: (0)

Just a question

But why should the US accept ANYONE else at this point?

We currently take in over 1 million people legally every year and clearly these folks cannot/will not assimilate into american life.

They are almost exclusively have low/no skills and in a time where low/no skill jobs are going away/being automated this makes no sense financially or otherwise

Why wouldnt or SHOULDNT the US do what it has done several times in our history and put a pause on taking in anyone else?

If you're choking on the bite you've already taken......do you take ANOTHER bite or resolve the choking issue first?

Last edited by fbsm; 03-08-2017 at 02:26 PM.
Appreciate 2
      03-09-2017, 08:41 PM   #1487
scostu
Captain
United_States
285
Rep
906
Posts

Drives: 2014 F31
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Space Coast Florida......aka NASA

iTrader: (0)

http://conservative101.com/trump-put...rious-details/

Any truth to this tactic?
I haven't researched other sources yet.
__________________
Wife's ride....2016 Dodge WD R/T

Retired:2013 Audi Q5 3.0T,
2013 Jeep WK2..Hemi, 2011 E90, 2008 E70, 2004 E46
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2017, 10:28 AM   #1488
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
3518
Rep
6,381
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scostu View Post
http://conservative101.com/trump-put...rious-details/

Any truth to this tactic?
I haven't researched other sources yet.
No.

The original was overturned because it affected 60,000 visa holders from entering the country.

The new temporary ban doesn't apply to existing visa holders, just new folks seeking visas so, unless there's something weird in there, it'll probably uphold legal muster.

So yeah pretty much everything in that article is nonsense. He didn't do anything "brilliant", the administration just took what allowed judges to strike the order down and removed it.
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2017, 07:55 PM   #1489
anglo
Shoplifter
anglo's Avatar
France
7557
Rep
679
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Sanctuary City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
And those nations cannot tell you that the person they gave a passport to is actually who the person is.

Please try to think on more than one level.

^ This
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:35 AM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST