BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Canadians: Pricing $61,000 - CONFIRMED

07-07-2016, 07:57 AM   #2509
Benzima
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judd View Post
Hey All,

Long time lurker first time poster. I'm trying to find an M2 in Canada and it's becoming seriously difficult, does anyone have any idea when the next production run will arrive in Canada. I'm assuming all the 2016 are sold, so it would have to be a 2017.
With that said my dealer has a 2016 M3 that they wish to move. It has the following options.
- Premium Package
- DCT
- 19" Double SPoke
- Glass Sunroof
- Carbon fibre Trim w/ Black Chrome Highlight
- Black Sapphire Metallic\SAKHIR Orange Extended Merino Leather
- Black performance Grills

Cost is around 85k Canadian. I'm just trying to get an idea of fair value. As this is my first BMW and I'm not totally in the know when it comes to cost. Would love the M2 since what ever I buy would be a summer car only. Any thoughts or suggestions please.

Thanks in Advance.
For 85k$ CAD, I will go for the M3 if you don't want to wait until mid next year for delivery. All allocations for calendar year 2016 are already sold out/allocated. The next allocations will be end of Q4 2016 for production starting Q1 2017.
      07-07-2016, 10:43 AM   #2510
quikM2
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 Jahre M3

As this has turned into the Canadian catch all thread and has a bunch of good people happy to express themselves AND Canadian I will post my quick mental dilema/debate here even though I know there is a poll and a few small threads on it. A few small tidbits first as everyone seems interested in quantities produced and allocations per area... I have the last allocation for Winnipeg 3 of 3 for the year. We haven't even received our first one yet... it should arrive in about a week or so. The next one 2 of 3 is scheduled as a 2017 (yes we only got one 2016 for our entire city.. wow I know) and will arrive late October / November. Mine is scheduled for build November so I should see it feb 2017. I'm getting BSM with sunroof and MPE and some M carbon bits. I honestly can't decide between 6mt or dct. i have driven the dct in the M4. Its awesome. My Audi S4 is a 6mt. I really like it. All my previous cars have been manual. dct is $3,900 option... for those that have dct and manual experience in their dd's and not just a test drive like me please let me know what you choose and why or what you finally decided to order on your forthcoming M2 and why. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 11:13 AM   #2511
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
Originally Posted by quikM2 View Post
As this has turned into the Canadian catch all thread and has a bunch of good people happy to express themselves AND Canadian I will post my quick mental dilema/debate here even though I know there is a poll and a few small threads on it. A few small tidbits first as everyone seems interested in quantities produced and allocations per area... I have the last allocation for Winnipeg 3 of 3 for the year. We haven't even received our first one yet... it should arrive in about a week or so. The next one 2 of 3 is scheduled as a 2017 (yes we only got one 2016 for our entire city.. wow I know) and will arrive late October / November. Mine is scheduled for build November so I should see it feb 2017. I'm getting BSM with sunroof and MPE and some M carbon bits. I honestly can't decide between 6mt or dct. i have driven the dct in the M4. Its awesome. My Audi S4 is a 6mt. I really like it. All my previous cars have been manual. dct is $3,900 option... for those that have dct and manual experience in their dd's and not just a test drive like me please let me know what you choose and why or what you finally decided to order on your forthcoming M2 and why. Thanks!
Let me pose this question to you:

If you close your eyes and picture yourself driving a car fast, through twisty mountain roads.

Are you shifting the gears yourself? Or letting the car do the fun part?

And that is my sage advice haha
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 11:29 AM   #2512
quikM2
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta View Post
Let me pose this question to you:

If you close your eyes and picture yourself driving a car fast, through twisty mountain roads.

Are you shifting the gears yourself? Or letting the car do the fun part?

And that is my sage advice haha
I hear you man ... here's the thing though. I live in Winnipeg, our roads are fourth world. I have to say fourth world because third world countries have better roads. they are cracked and pot holed and heaving on one side to the next. there are some decent spots but far and few between. So in your scenario on this beautiful mountain road like the UK M2 review on youtube I am driving stick no doubt.

Day to day where I need both hands to keep my car level as the suspension rocks and heaves due to my prairie city garbage street.. well thats my dilema.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 11:36 AM   #2513
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I hear you man ... here's the thing though. I live in Winnipeg, our roads are fourth world. I have to say fourth world because third world countries have better roads. they are cracked and pot holed and heaving on one side to the next. there are some decent spots but far and few between. So in your scenario on this beautiful mountain road like the UK M2 review on youtube I am driving stick no doubt.

Day to day where I need both hands to keep my car level as the suspension rocks and heaves due to my prairie city garbage street.. well thats my dilema.
I live in NB, sounds like you borrowed our roads!! Fredericton where I live is notoriously bad for not only shit roads but Canada's shittiest drivers too!

Some comments based on past experience driving my Z4MCoupe 6MT: the bumps and pot holes aren't bad, I never once missed a shift or anything like that. To be perfectly honest, the worst of it was during heavy construction with start stop start stop start stop.

I'm also driving my car year around and winter driving a 6MT, to me anyway, gives me much more control over my car compared to auto trannys.

PS: here is the 'Fredericton Drivers' YouTube page so you can fully understand my pain and laugh and cry

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzL...CJNq7EVL67AmjA

This one is another personal favorite. We got our FIRST EVER roundabout this year.

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 12:02 PM   #2514
quikM2
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I live in NB, sounds like you borrowed our roads!! Fredericton where I live is notoriously bad for not only shit roads but Canada's shittiest drivers too!

Some comments based on past experience driving my Z4MCoupe 6MT: the bumps and pot holes aren't bad, I never once missed a shift or anything like that. To be perfectly honest, the worst of it was during heavy construction with start stop start stop start stop.

I'm also driving my car year around and winter driving a 6MT, to me anyway, gives me much more control over my car compared to auto trannys.

PS: here is the 'Fredericton Drivers' YouTube page so you can fully understand my pain and laugh and cry

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzL...CJNq7EVL67AmjA

This one is another personal favorite. We got our FIRST EVER roundabout this year.

That video is hilarious... but I'm not sure what you mean about road issues as the road in that video looks absolutely perfect. i know you said it was new but I wish I had a video of a "new" road here. My morning drive takes me down a stretch they just did and yes from a distance it looks black and smooth. once you get on it though you sigh as it is literally a week old you and you bounce in a few spots and you drift a foot as you hit a sloped and unlevel patch. And this is brand new. Anyway enough griping about the roads I can't change. I'm not saying I've ever missed a shift I was just wondering if there is a perspective out there from the dct side of things. like someone who came from manual like me and has tried BMW Dct and loves it over their 6mt. just trying to find both sides. if i can't find even one of those than I guess my answer is clear in a 6mt.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 12:06 PM   #2515
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
That video is hilarious... but I'm not sure what you mean about road issues as the road in that video looks absolutely perfect. i know you said it was new but I wish I had a video of a "new" road here. My morning drive takes me down a stretch they just did and yes from a distance it looks black and smooth. once you get on it though you sigh as it is literally a week old you and you bounce in a few spots and you drift a foot as you hit a sloped and unlevel patch. And this is brand new. Anyway enough griping about the roads I can't change. I'm not saying I've ever missed a shift I was just wondering if there is a perspective out there from the dct side of things. like someone who came from manual like me and has tried BMW Dct and loves it over their 6mt. just trying to find both sides. if i can't find even one of those than I guess my answer is clear in a 6mt.
That video was taken in the first week after it was open to the public LOL

Most of the time it looks like this :

Appreciate 1
      07-07-2016, 12:35 PM   #2516
Dabozo
Major
Rep
Drives: M2 BSM MT

Quote:
wrong wrong WRONG my friend...Canada's worst drivers are right here in the Greater Toronto Area...more specifically BRAMPTON!!!! Where everyday is a brand new shit show! Its also the home to the highest insurance rates.

PS I love roundabouts! they are slowly popping up here and there and they are awesome...feel like im in europe!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 01:02 PM   #2517
quikM2
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
That video was taken in the first week after it was open to the public LOL

Most of the time it looks like this :

Okay now I'm with you. That's pretty bad. haha
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 01:03 PM   #2518
quikM2
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabozo View Post
PS I love roundabouts! they are slowly popping up here and there and they are awesome...feel like im in europe!
I know eh! I feel the same.. I just wish people knew how to use the bloody things.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 01:05 PM   #2519
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I know eh! I feel the same.. I just wish people knew how to use the bloody things.
Me too, they're so nice and easy. Unless, you know, you don't understand the concept of a circle with two lanes.

The local university researchers flew a drone over the roundabout for the first few days. The results are, well, depressing haha

http://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/researche...bout-1.2765257
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 01:11 PM   #2520
Dabozo
Major
Rep

Quote:
Me too, they're so nice and easy. Unless, you know, you don't understand the concept of a circle with two lanes.

The local university researchers flew a drone over the roundabout for the first few days. The results are, well, depressing haha

http://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/researche...bout-1.2765257
thats incredible. Im amazed that people have so much trouble with them.

Especially the dude who comes to a complete stop for no apparent reason...
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 01:12 PM   #2521
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:

I drive through there every day. Twice a day, to and from work. And every day I want to cut myself.

What you saw in the video happens every other day. That roundabout is the reason I own a dashcam now.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 01:29 PM   #2522
Benzima
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Just got back from Italy: this dude would have been killed the first day over there!!!
      07-07-2016, 01:40 PM   #2523
Dabozo
Major
Rep

Quote:
I drive through there every day. Twice a day, to and from work. And every day I want to cut myself.
What you saw in the video happens every other day. That roundabout is the reason I own a dashcam now.
LOl, ya i bought one of those too but for other reasons... around here, guys will deliberately have you rear end them and then they try to scam you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzima View Post
Just got back from Italy: this dude would have been killed the first day over there!!!
No doubt! I know exactly what you mean...
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 02:58 PM   #2524
Ex-MINI
BMW Newb
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2 DCT

Quote:
wrong wrong WRONG my friend...Canada's worst drivers are right here in the Greater Toronto Area...more specifically BRAMPTON!!!! Where everyday is a brand new shit show! Its also the home to the highest insurance rates.

I don't know....Brampton is bad, but in Richmond Hill / Markam, the amount of terribad older asian female drivers was astounding.

And I can say that cause I'm asian
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 04:09 PM   #2525
Dabozo
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-MINI View Post
I don't know....Brampton is bad, but in Richmond Hill / Markam, the amount of terribad older asian female drivers was astounding.

And I can say that cause I'm asian
Lol you are right...forgot about the north end
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 05:03 PM   #2526
Twix
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91

Garage List
I think someone from Calgary has been in every season/won just about every Canada's Worst Driver. Our roads aren't great, but they're not that bad, but the drivers...
2002 Land Rover Discovery II - 3" lift & 33s
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 05:22 PM   #2527
Benzima
Colonel
Rep

The VIN wait is killing me!!! Sorry, but I had to share...
      07-07-2016, 05:28 PM   #2528
vugz10
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BB6 Prelude, F87 M2

https://www.facebook.com/RichmondLearnstoPark/

Winner.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 05:29 PM   #2529
vugz10
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BB6 Prelude, F87 M2

Quote:
I'm happy I got mine but in all honesty...there is nothing I can do to enjoy it at the moment. Not until the car gets loaded onto a vessel i guess
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 05:47 PM   #2530
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vugz10
Quote:
I'm happy I got mine but in all honesty...there is nothing I can do to enjoy it at the moment. Not until the car gets loaded onto a vessel i guess
You can call BMW and they will give you updates on which production step it's in - assembly, paint, interior, etc.
Appreciate 0