BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Canadians: Pricing $61,000 - CONFIRMED

08-01-2016, 06:53 PM   #2553
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twix View Post
I have Hakkas on my Disco right now. Worst winter tire I've ever had. They don't clear themselves out the way Blizzaks do. I find that once they get into some milder snow, no matter the depth, they become a slick ice cube and it's rather scary in a 2.25 ton Land Rover.

Best winter tire I've ever had was actually not a winter tire, it was the all terrains I had on my Ranger. They could crawl through any snow condition. While not the best on ice, they still had better bite than any all season.

Next up for my Disco is a set of mud terrains.
Then something is wrong with your set

They receive pretty much universal praise (other than yours ) and are one of the most award winning winter tires around. The Blizzaks have a much tighter tread pattern and, in my experience, don't deal with deep snow as well. The R2 literally allowed me to drive in every major winter storm for the past two winters in the M4 with complete confidence... and we had some nasty, nasty storms too!

Having said that, I'm not disputing your experience... just suggesting that it is the first (and only) negative review of the Hakka R2 snow/ice performance I have ever heard. They are directional tires, maybe your installer didn't have them on the right way
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2016, 09:51 PM   #2554
Twix
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
Then something is wrong with your set

They receive pretty much universal praise (other than yours ) and are one of the most award winning winter tires around. The Blizzaks have a much tighter tread pattern and, in my experience, don't deal with deep snow as well. The R2 literally allowed me to drive in every major winter storm for the past two winters in the M4 with complete confidence... and we had some nasty, nasty storms too!

Having said that, I'm not disputing your experience... just suggesting that it is the first (and only) negative review of the Hakka R2 snow/ice performance I have ever heard. They are directional tires, maybe your installer didn't have them on the right way
Definitely on the right way. I suspect they got heat cycled too much as some Albertans don't swap their winters in the hotter spring/summer weather. That's usually a good way to destroy winters. They still have tons of tread left, about 10/32", but they just don't grip the way my Blizzaks would.
2002 Land Rover Discovery II - 3" lift & 33s
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2016, 10:09 PM   #2555
quikM2
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 Jahre M3

From what I've read and the research that I've done the blizzaks perform slightly better on ice but the R2's are the best overall winter/ice tire period with no comparable. Personally I will be getting the Nokian's.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2016, 10:13 PM   #2556
quikM2
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 Jahre M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
The Bimmian site isn't showing the 710FF. It's only showing the 710 as far as I can see which is a heavier, gravity cast, wheel... cheaper too. I'm sure they could get the V710FF if that's what someone wanted.

The other option is Apex wheels. I ran their wheels on my track car and they were fantastic and relatively cheap too. They have a PS-7 wheel that is identical to the VMR wheel I bought but they only had silver available and I wanted a darker wheel. That and VMR was slightly less expensive for similar quality.
I love that wheel and the winter tire choice is excellent. Can you please PM me where you find the flow formed version of this wheel for the price you mentioned? I can find the gravity cast version no problem on a few sites but the FF seems more difficult. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2016, 07:00 AM   #2557
Germanoly
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

In 2017, sunroof is available. How much will check this option?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2016, 08:10 AM   #2558
Benzima
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanoly View Post
In 2017, sunroof is available. How much will check this option?
1,500$ CAD will give you the sunroof
      08-09-2016, 09:02 AM   #2559
gtaM2
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 BSM 6MT

gmzanatta how much did you pay for your rubber mats? do you have a part number?

also is there any normal site that displays BMW part costs for Canadians? or does each place charge what they feel like?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2016, 11:25 AM   #2560
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtaM2
gmzanatta how much did you pay for your rubber mats? do you have a part number?

also is there any normal site that displays BMW part costs for Canadians? or does each place charge what they feel like?
I didn't, dealer gives all cars a free winter set here in NB.

As for parts, there is a list with numbers and MSRP, but I don't have a copy of it, just ask your dealer.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2016, 11:30 AM   #2561
Dabozo
Major
Rep
Drives: M2 BSM MT

didnt want to start a new thread for this...can someone tell me if the front grille slats are gloss black or matte? I want to buy the IND surrounds only and would like for them to match the slats.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2016, 11:45 AM   #2562
gtaM2
Driver
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta View Post
I didn't, dealer gives all cars a free winter set here in NB.

As for parts, there is a list with numbers and MSRP, but I don't have a copy of it, just ask your dealer.
thanks for this, i just rechecked my order and noticed that i already paid for rubber and carpet mats ..off to the dealer i go ..all others be sure to look carefully at all that misc crap that you paid for
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2016, 11:51 AM   #2563
gtaM2
Driver
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabozo View Post
didnt want to start a new thread for this...can someone tell me if the front grille slats are gloss black or matte? I want to buy the IND surrounds only and would like for them to match the slats.
they look shiny (gloss) to me
Appreciate 1
Dabozo624.50
      08-09-2016, 01:00 PM   #2564
Dabozo
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtaM2 View Post
thanks! I have several items on my shopping list but im trying to restrain myself to at least wait to get the car first before making any decisions

However, im certain i want to change out the grille surrounds but i just noticed the more expensive CF grille from IND...now i have a decision to make!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2016, 01:52 PM   #2565
gtaM2
Driver
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabozo View Post
thanks! I have several items on my shopping list but im trying to restrain myself to at least wait to get the car first before making any decisions

However, im certain i want to change out the grille surrounds but i just noticed the more expensive CF grille from IND...now i have a decision to make!
yes i like CF on BSM, i may get the rear CF diffusor and M Performance steering wheel sometime down the road but not right now as im going into a saving mode for a bit... this car wasnt even my biggest thing purchased in the last 3 months
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2016, 10:54 PM   #2566
Dabozo
Major
Rep

Quote:
yes i like CF on BSM, i may get the rear CF diffusor and M Performance steering wheel sometime down the road but not right now as im going into a saving mode for a bit... this car wasnt even my biggest thing purchased in the last 3 months
Yup, diffuser aswell. Grille and maybe mirrors to balance things out. Winglets are over the top pricey imo. But it would look good.
I'm thinking the matte cf trim piece for the stock wheel....will match the interior cf.

Now all I need is a car!!
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2016, 12:33 AM   #2567
hshot_rooke
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabozo
Quote:

Dabozo, I'm planning on getting the IND gloss surrounds as well, if you are interested in splitting costs for shipping PM me maybe we can work something out.

I don't have my car until next year either, but if I can save on shipping now...
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2016, 06:14 AM   #2568
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshot_rooke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabozo
Quote:

Dabozo, I'm planning on getting the IND gloss surrounds as well, if you are interested in splitting costs for shipping PM me maybe we can work something out.

I don't have my car until next year either, but if I can save on shipping now...
Save on shipping from IND? Hahahahaha good luck!
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2016, 11:21 AM   #2569
Andycc
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 AW 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshot_rooke View Post

Have you guys checked the pricing of 2 series performance grilles from Canadian dealers? You can just swap the surround with your stock chrome. MSRP is around $80 CAD per side, which you could probably negotiate a bit lower. When you take into account US exchange rate, shipping and possible taxes/brokerage fees, it doesn't look like it's worth it..
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2016, 11:50 AM   #2570
Dabozo
Major
Rep

Quote:
I would be up for that but as Andycc says, perhaps this is the better way to go....although the cf grille has now caught my eye
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2016, 02:55 PM   #2571
Twix
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andycc
Quote:

Have you guys checked the pricing of 2 series performance grilles from Canadian dealers? You can just swap the surround with your stock chrome. MSRP is around $80 CAD per side, which you could probably negotiate a bit lower. When you take into account US exchange rate, shipping and possible taxes/brokerage fees, it doesn't look like it's worth it..
I got my 235i grilles and the M2 side gills for less than the M2 specific grilles. And by a pretty hefty margin.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2016, 01:35 AM   #2572
hshot_rooke
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twix
Quote:
Quote:

I got my 235i grilles and the M2 side gills for less than the M2 specific grilles. And by a pretty hefty margin.
from where?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2016, 07:44 AM   #2573
Twix
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hshot_rooke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twix
Quote:
Quote:

from where?
Straight from my dealership. BMWCCC discount plus my own discount
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2016, 09:08 AM   #2574
zhihong.james
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twix View Post
Straight from my dealership. BMWCCC discount plus my own discount
I know BMWCSA gets us 15% off on parts. I was just wondering how much more does the dealer gives you on top of it?
Thx.
Appreciate 0