BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Anyone else hearing April 2nd release from their SA?

03-18-2016, 05:28 PM   #23
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexCirc
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Are you serious ? Do you want this car or not ?

You are getting a dealer " demo " car. No way PCD would ever have been an option so it didn't even need to be mentioned.

**If you want this car you better go pick it up. **

To get my 1M I rode with a friend across the country from Texas to ofest at Barber. Then I caught a bus from a sketchy Birmingham greyhound station at 3am and rode the bus to Columbia South Carolina where I reached an even sketchier station and caught a cab to the dealer because the salesman didn't answer up and i didn't want to get knifed in a bus station.

I drove my car home from South Carolina back to Birmingham, where I stopped and had the scheduled 1200 mile service done ( my car was originally delivered to me in Munich in September ) and then continued the drive back to Texas and it was a blast!

Keep effing around and the dealer will change their mind * for you * and say the car has a 5K Markup.

I tell you, all you people WHINING about not getting your HEA cars til 4/16 need to STFU and realize how much happier you will be in a month than hundreds if not potentially THOUSANDS of people.

*You will instantly own a car that will be worth more than its MSRP and that no one else can get, and you will be the envy of those on the board and people on the street. *

At least for a little while... And maybe longer
TBH I thought the same thing about the PCD, but my SA reassured me that it was possible... I went along with it at the time.

Trust me, I'd love to drive the car home but time restraints and breaking the car in properly is whats holding me back. Did you already have the 1200 mile service scheduled before you picked yours up?
I called BMW of Birmingham (formerly Tom Williams ) that very morning and they got me in as a walk in customer on a Monday morning.

No one at the dealership had seen a 1M, as their allocation happened to be shipped out of state.

I ended up getting the wrong engine oil as the n54 doesn't use the castrol 10/60 and my local dealer changed it to the correct 5/30 oil when I got home.

You aren't gonna break it if you miss by a few hundred miles. Plan a route and road trip !
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 07:41 PM   #24
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

I used a car shipping service to haul my daughters Mazda from AZ to Minn. It was a grand. They took decent care of the car and it arrived without damage but I cannot imagine putting my new M2 on that trailer. I would either pay for an enclosed high end hauler or go pick it up myself. I will be flying 700 miles to pick mine up and will drive it home. Plan on spending the weekend in San Diego so I wouldn't be surprised if I am at or near the 1200 mile break in by the time I get home.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2016, 08:53 AM   #25
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #513/740

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
I used a car shipping service to haul my daughters Mazda from AZ to Minn. It was a grand. They took decent care of the car and it arrived without damage but I cannot imagine putting my new M2 on that trailer. I would either pay for an enclosed high end hauler or go pick it up myself. I will be flying 700 miles to pick mine up and will drive it home. Plan on spending the weekend in San Diego so I wouldn't be surprised if I am at or near the 1200 mile break in by the time I get home.
My cousin had her Toyota SUV shipped from California to Indiana and for some reason it was being delayed. Turned out the hauler crushed the roof somehow and was trying to get it fixed before she found out.

My wife had a Mercedes shipped from Chicago(Isringhousen) to Indiana with no issues. The shipping was free.

Two different experiences. What does it mean? Absolutely nothing.
VO BMW 1M
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2016, 04:21 PM   #26
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

This is interesting...My SA is saying April 2nd still, and I just talked to my friend who is a BMW Genius. He says he is in a group chat of other BMW Geniuses around the country and multiple of them are claiming their cars are also coming in April 2nd. I just called the BMW Genius hotline and he told me he has no info now, but to call back on Tuesday and he will have an update.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2016, 04:28 PM   #27
mmmmmazing
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: In my hands!

As someone who's M2 is actually sitting at the dealers lot I can 100% tell you the cars will not be released until April 16th. I've tried and there's definitely a hold delivery order from BMW Corporate. Yes, its an anxious wait!!!

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2016, 04:33 PM   #28
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmmazing View Post
As someone who's M2 is actually sitting at the dealers lot I can 100% tell you the cars will not be released until April 16th. I've tried and there's definitely a hold delivery order from BMW Corporate. Yes, its an anxious wait!!!

I am going to pretend it's because you're in Canada and be willfully ignorant haha!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2016, 04:42 PM   #29
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2, '23 GT4

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmmazing View Post

I am going to pretend it's because you're in Canada and be willfully ignorant haha!
I spoke to mine today and he still claims there's no hold.
      03-25-2016, 04:46 PM   #30
mmmmmazing
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: In my hands!

USA could be different from Canada but who knows. Trust me this car is already paid for so it should be on my driveway...
Appreciate 0