BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > MY BSM ///M2 6MT Mod Journal...The Empire Strikes Back

10-18-2016, 05:44 PM   #265
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4M CS

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Yea I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbr0wn View Post
You need help

I am bat shit crazy, I need and get "help" medically in a variety of ways...But who r u to come on my mod journal that i work hard to keep this thread constructive, positive and educational, constructive and make a comment like that...

I assume its based on my decision to use a small amount of N02. Well bud, you need a lesson in engineering and engine management because anyone that has education and experience in building and tuning fast cars knows its a cheap way to make power and very safe if done right. The JB4 that you prob have in your car or have had before, has a nitrous/meth integration feature for a reason, the guy who started arguably the best biggest BMW only tuning co. Terry Burger who has more knowledge in his left pinky then you do in your body, knows it can be a great addition to your platform...Nitrous and Meth are like bread and butter...Both super cool the intake charge, Meth raises octane to balance the nitrous's effect of creating an easily combustable mixture...I

Day after day I watch the magazine mechanics yap away, and the real tuners, and or programmers struggle to understand or "crack" the DME to trick the EWG into allowing them to max out the turbo for an extra 30-40hp ( prob less, bc as 20psi approaches your intake air is heating and the law of diminishing returns takes its ugly hold...) For bragging rights, tuner wars etc...

When I was professionally building cars , we regularly built turbo, nitrous cars...The simple premise is 2 fold...either people...
A. wanted to or had to run less boost + nitrous, and some sort of hard to burn fuel, take a huge load off the expensive turbo, and only undergo normal wear and tear on the motor 99.9% of the time when just driving....or...
B.Max out + the turbo, add a tremendous amount of race fuel or equivilent, add an ignition system that can make a spark through a super warm dense mix of air and fuel and that turbo that normallyy could only make 20psi is now
pushing 25-30psi (For a short time until it basically explodes) because that hot air is being super cooled enough to make some more power...

On a side note, but important Terry stopped offfering advice for N02 not because it wasnt a viable option for certain people, but because in the wrong hands, aka most people on these forums it is dangerous and can easily cause detonation and blow even the M2 engine which has the most and the most advanced safeguards Ive ever seen on an engine...I think that was def a smart decision...

Last edited by DKX4///M; 10-18-2016 at 07:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2016, 06:31 PM   #266
DrKevM5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5, F87 M2

Just curious...how much $$$ do you estimate you've invested in this car to date?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2016, 06:59 PM   #267
firestarter2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: NA

Wouldnt it be cheaper to go bigger turbo then work around the near maxed one?
Appreciate 2
DrKevM52269.00
FSociety3811.50
      10-18-2016, 07:20 PM   #268
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKevM5 View Post
Just curious...how much $$$ do you estimate you've invested in this car to date?
Firstly, I saw your thread and love your front lip...Mind sending me a PM to where you got it?

But your answer, WAY too much, but I can't say I over payed on any individual part....

Rims were a steal, bought them local, used and just powdercoated (used stock tires)

M Performance spoiler, pedals, mirrors, all high quality reps...1/10 price of real thing...

Exhaust, Cheapest DP (VRSF around $400 on sale, same w VRSF FMIC and Piping) and $150 y pipe to $50 boost activated dump valve...So more HP than any exhaust and the ability to go back to stock sound (beside dp) for 200 + 100 labor to weld...

Enzo BEF'd for FREE bc it was 1st M2...

Bought forum member discount JB4, Rev 3, Data cable, EWG wires...Totalled around $550

Full price for iND Cosmetic Package

BMS Meth, $400 for huge gains, NX Kit $400 huge gains, I/C sprayer $300 Huge gains + the fun of blue illuminated purge valve...Intake $200 to hear the turbo n diverter valve at least 5-10x's louder...H & R Spring (not yet installed) but $200 compared to coilovers or M Performance suspension in the thousands...I/C water sprayer was a universal windshield washer kit from amazon about $25...I could keep going, but you get the point...and saved big money by doing almost all labor myself besides what I didnt have tools to...

Doing a quick estimate adding $1k for parts I prob forgot...But only into the car for approx 6g's in mods inc stereo system, coding and everything...which is less than I see ppl pay for exhaust or a set of wheels...IDK if you consider that alot or not bad for how modded i am?

My Mod budget started at 10k (over time) dropped it to 8k...I still will be adding beatiful racing seats/harnesses for summer, cf hood (insurance will cover that) and MAYBE Dinan big turbo over Pure (for warranty reasons)...Its OEM housing so impossible to see differences visually...And Im so close to wrapping the car Laguna Seca Blue, w/ RKP Rear Diffuser, Roof, hood, and cf headlight housings...But were talking 6k minimum while i renovate my house so that Ill decide later.

Last edited by DKX4///M; 10-18-2016 at 07:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2016, 07:30 PM   #269
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by firestarter2 View Post
Well thats my point w N02 and Meth ($1000 total) Ill make about the same power as Pure Stage II, if my research serves correct and thats NOT MAXED. I'd be lowering boost enough to keep timing advance agressive, and AFR on the richer side....No way to tell what that will be but guessing 16-17 max...With the added bonus of being able to remove it easily for dealership service...In fact the way Im wiring and installing is so the entire sytem (N02, Meth, and C02) in 30 mins or less...A turbo would take over 5 hrs even with the most experienced BMW Tech...

My SM is cool with bolt ons that are arguably good for the engine (FMIC, piping, Cat delete) Realistically they cool air and take stress off turbine...JB4 comes off in 5 mins and Im getting BEF removed.

Most expensive thing and biggest waste so far believe it or not were the spark plugs...fowled 3 plugs and at over $35 each x 6, it was over $200 plus 30 for the specialized socket...LOL
      10-18-2016, 09:17 PM   #270
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM3Power View Post
Well thats my point w N02 and Meth ($1000 total) Ill make about the same power as Pure Stage II, if my research serves correct and thats NOT MAXED. I'd be lowering boost enough to keep timing advance agressive, and AFR on the richer side....No way to tell what that will be but guessing 16-17 max...With the added bonus of being able to remove it easily for dealership service...In fact the way Im wiring and installing is so the entire sytem (N02, Meth, and C02) in 30 mins or less...A turbo would take over 5 hrs even with the most experienced BMW Tech...

My SM is cool with bolt ons that are arguably good for the engine (FMIC, piping, Cat delete) Realistically they cool air and take stress off turbine...JB4 comes off in 5 mins and Im getting BEF removed.

Most expensive thing and biggest waste so far believe it or not were the spark plugs...fowled 3 plugs and at over $35 each x 6, it was over $200 plus 30 for the specialized socket...LOL
If I were you just get the Luminous Big Turbo from EnzoPerformance make it easy on yourself

Btw I highly suspect you will make same power as Pure Stg2 on stock M2 turbo.
Turbo is slightly larger than M235 turbo but its not even equivalent to a Pure Stage1 maybe half of a stage1.

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 2
DKX4///M757.00
DrKevM52269.00
      10-19-2016, 06:51 AM   #271
Luminous
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Not to be a negative Nancy but there is no way you'll be making even close to 550whp+ on the stock M2 turbo.

Also you mentioned the dinan turbo, the warranty won't be valid with all your other non-dinan mods. The pure stage 2 is also a stock frame turbo so it will be just as stealth as the dinan "big" turbo. Probably the best bang for your buck unless you want a stage 3.

Keep us posted, excited to hear about the nos!

2015 SO M3 6MT

2015 BSM M235xi
Appreciate 1
FSociety3811.50
      10-19-2016, 03:51 PM   #272
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Not to be a negative Nancy but there is no way you'll be making even close to 550whp+ on the stock M2 turbo.

Also you mentioned the dinan turbo, the warranty won't be valid with all your other non-dinan mods. The pure stage 2 is also a stock frame turbo so it will be just as stealth as the dinan "big" turbo. Probably the best bang for your buck unless you want a stage 3.

Keep us posted, excited to hear about the nos!
Def understand your skeptism. But google 335 w the 1st gen N55's FBO and a 35 shot...I saw multiple dynos and multiple revies from the owners and that 35 shot gave ALL of them close to 100 additional wheel HP...Now add running open exhaust with significantly increases exhaust velocity and lowers EGT, exhaust scavenging, and gives a complete evacuation of the cylinder making way for more intake air...

Now As Ive said before on my evo viii...(Inline 4) big 16g turbo running about 20 psi peak, and holding rather well depending on boost control settings...My buddies shop had an All Wheel Dyno...I had cat delete to a very nice Apex'i cat back....No resonator so basically 3" straight pipe w a muffler and an HKS 2.75" DP...after putting stock cat back exhaust back on and installing the QTEC 3" cutout here the Cat originally was, now ust a test pipe i cut to use the flanges....Valve open I gained almost 30AWHP over a good 3" straight pipe...50awhp total, not to mention a complete disappearance of lag...the 16g was MUCH bigger, but also twin scroll...So in summary a turbo high boost car running open downpipe...MORE AIR IN, MORE OUT....

Also, I did a less than scientific test last night (see pics in next post) I put a wagner 500*F heat gun in the hot side pipe and measured the temp drop...Went from almost 100 degrees (F) on hotside..Cold side came it at under 40* after I gave it about a min so i was measuring the air inside and not the metal ...Room temp was 72*, the air exhausting from the hotside was around 50*

...From the water sprayers there were ice droplets in the cold side pipe....(To be more scientific the volume of air and speed at which the air travelled through the cooler was obviously a great deal slower gving it more time to cool...but being static also doesn't really take full advantage of the much larger i/c...they advertise an 80% increase in volume, and a much higher flow rate...

Remember I/C work off convection...So we had a 50* drop from condensation, evaporation, radiation, and a TINT amount of convecton from a mall fan andd the n02 passing throught the i/c...At 40 mph i could see an even more drastic drop....

Methanol and Nitrous will cool the air even more as well...

So again this isn't a wild guess, these numbers are based on other n55s similar setups running small nitrous/meth setups...Important to note after hours of google searches, never came across any horror stories from N55s and Nitrous, although it was a rare combo....

I guess only one way to see fellas. and honestly if I had to bet money I'd realistically say closer to high 400's to low 5's @ wheels on the avg dyno...I am loweiring the boost and aiming for a richer AFR and pulled timing all in the name of safety and at the cost of power...
      10-19-2016, 03:57 PM   #273
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Keep watching...

Attached Images

10-19-2016, 09:57 PM   #274
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
I think Ive decided to do something drastic cosmetically...

When I was 15 the e46 m3 was released in Laguna Seca Blue...Since then BMW has painted many cars a similar blue but none that made body lines pop like LSB

I liked it so much I painted my first car, a 1991 Honda Accord LX, LSB...I shaved the door handles, z3 fenders, converted it to 5 spd and installed a 220HP (stock) H22a (Japanese Import Prelude Si & JDM Accord SiR Engine) Yes they had a sports car version of the accord in Japan Circa 1989-1993....2.2L DOHC VTEC...I had 18" white OZ racing wheels..m, .. .Looking back it was hideous ill look for pics, sophmore year in HS, it was the hottest in town and fucking fast believe it or not...

Anyway it makes me nostolgic and I always swore if i had money time and the right car id paint it LSB I saw a LSB 1M in a magazine a few weeks ago and visualized the M2 in that color...With the option of wrapping now I think my minds made up...

Performance stuff is goin now...wrap and 3D Designs CF Front lip and skirts plus the M rear diffuser or rkp replica immediately after, and believe it or not besides MAYBE some fixed sparcos, after that i maxed my moddinging budget i gave myself... Im done until some reoputable companies have a stage 3 turbos for less thsn 10k+ install or a kit i can install LOL...w the new wrap comes yellow calipers and some yellow accents...Maybe refinish the Vorsteiners bronze...
      10-20-2016, 10:13 AM   #275
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Obvious answer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSociety View Post
If I were you just get the Luminous Big Turbo from make it easy on yourself

Btw I highly suspect you will make same power as Pure Stg2 on stock M2 turbo.
Turbo is slightly larger than M235 turbo but its not even equivalent to a Pure Stage1 maybe half of a stage1.
LOL. Pure stage 1 and 2 turbos are slightly bigger than stock. Even stage 2 uses about (if not the exact same) cold side housing...The turbine on stage 1 is prob about 10-15% bigger, stage 2:15% - 25% bigger...Thus a 25% increase is power on same boost.

1. I spent less than $1500 on the CO2, NO2, Meth, Exhaust Dump...Compared to over 12k...Enzo should've used my car as opposed to an M235 for the demo car bc the upgraded OEM fuel system , Forged components, closed deck which is hugely important in this case, M3/M4 tranny (also hugely important as enzo himself says in the big turbo video the clutch start to slip over 600whp...RWD ( Less Traction, but way less stress on drivetrain), the notoriety and publicity for a Stage 3 650whp Cosmetically Modded M2 compared to an M235xi would make Enzo more of a worldwide brand than he is now. Also supplementary mods like boost activated open DP and Huge FMIC w the C02...Happy for Harold but using my M2 or any M2 would clearly have been smarter, publicity wise, and making, handling way more power...Port Injection could've easily been added.

2.I can remove all my mods without a trace in an hr or two...Obviously the "Enzo Big Turbo Kit" would be a 1-3 day removal process and most likely leave traces of tampering both physically and w the DME.

3.Again, you need to learn internal combustion engine basic physics...Stage 2 makes more power why? Because it makes the same boost at a much lower, well slightly lower RPM (Turbine RPM, not Engine) PS2 can push a cold 25 psi, 30 w/ Meth supposedly...Harold going through what?, 4 turbos in a few months says its designed to push the same 20 psi as stock and that 25psi is more than maxed out, however it makes a substantial amount of extra power over stock at 15-20psi bc of its lower temps...

Because Im super cooling my intake air and fuel, my stock turbo spinning the same 25 psi, I suspect would do it with the same charge air temps, therefore making more power...However my car would be blowing turbos 5 times faster than Harolds....This is were NOS comes in, I can relieve the turbo by running it 3-4psi less than stock (overboost) maybe even 5 less which is a huge diff in turbine speed in such a tiny turbo thus a tremendous increase in lifespan...Gen Rule of thumb is every PSI of COLD boost adds a rough estimateof about 10whp +/- 10-15%...So at 16 psi I have to make 90whp to make what a PS2 makes at 25 lbs...much less to make what PS2 makes at 20...

All the dynos I found showed 35 shots on N55's yielded 100whp w the car having FBO, which I have, and more restrictive exhausts and less effective air cooling...

So Is it unreasonable to say I BELIEVE ill make the same WHP as a stage 2 Pure with more benefits and longetivity? Only to those who haven't done there Homework or don't understand, what Im doing or why..

Lastly when the dealer plugs in DME and sees 20 psi on an M2 its easily attribted to overboost...25-30 psi and thats reasonable grounds to void the warranty on the complete engine, drivetrain, maybe even suspension due to the huge increase in stress on suspension...

Could I be wrong? Of course, but there's only one way to find out and Im basing my estimate on real world past results...Most of the people that disagree with what I'm doing are basing the skepticism on feelings without evidence to support it...If you have evidence that N02 blows up N55s (and if it were true, there'd be a billion forum posts on it), or that a 35 shot results in gains much less than what I've seen, I'd love to see it...But the opinions of people who must pay to have their intake "installed, and simply haven't done ANY research on the topic is pretty worthless in my eyes, and Im sorry that came out so condescending and disckish, I know your both well intentioned just making an important point..

I'm going to find the charts and posts of the results that I'm touting and post them...also some 3rd party articles by reputable people that discuss the enormous benefits to adding smalls shots to small turbos...

Still although we disagree, I appreciate ur input.

Last edited by DKX4///M; 10-20-2016 at 10:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2016, 07:16 PM   #276
bim2er
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Mineral Grey M2

Many Mods

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by firestarter2 View Post

Gotta appreciate that All In attitude!!!
'74 2002tii, Sienna Braun Metallic, Manual, Sold; '84 e28 533i, Burgundrot Metallic, Manual, Sold; '95 e36 M3, Avus Blau Metallic, Manual, Sold; '06 e60 M5, Silver Grau Metallic, SMG, Sold; '09 e82 135i MSport, LeMans Blue, Manual, Sold
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2016, 09:38 PM   #277
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
I know Im kicking the shit outof a dead horse here but To the skeptics, I didn't just throw out an estimate on hp...They are based on numbers Ive seen from hours on the N55 boards...Cars with less mods than me and older N55's with fueling issues that have now been fixed on the m2 , a significantly weaker short block, and less efficient stock turbo...

Also searched for quite a while for n55s blowing up from 30-50hp shots of nitrous ...nothing...And if they happened we all know people would be posting them...

The M2 board seems to be filled with people like myself, new to this engine...e90 post seems to be a much better source for the n55 and physical limitations, numbers, etc as these guys have been tuning these platforms for 5-6+ years not a few months...Sharing real experiences not regurgitated info people heard from someone that heard it some where else.
Again if someone has a post, 1st hand story, they can share about small N02 shots "blowing up" the n55, please share as I would like as much info as I can get before I hit that arm switch for the first time on a $15k+ engine..

these are just3 quick posts i copied and pasted, there was no shortage of info about what to expect from this combo....
Attached Images

11-03-2016, 06:17 PM   #278
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Ordered new Saibon Carbon Hood, and M Perf Rear Diffuser

Attached Images

11-03-2016, 06:28 PM   #279
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Another horrible accident last night where mine was...supposedly same exact thing happened...Serious injuries...

As I said notoriously dangerous intersection...Hope everyone was ok
Attached Images

11-03-2016, 06:31 PM   #280
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
I am bat shit crazy, I need and get "help" medically in a variety of ways...But who r u to come on my mod journal that i work hard to keep this thread constructive, positive and educational, constructive and make a comment like that...
I assume its based on my decision to use a small amount of N02. Well bud, you need a lesson in engineering and engine management because anyone that has education and experience in building and tuning fast cars knows its a cheap way to make power and very safe if done right. The JB4 that you prob have in your car or have had before, has a nitrous/meth integration feature for a reason, the guy who started arguably the best biggest BMW only tuning co. Terry Burger who has more knowledge in his left pinky then you do in your body, knows it can be a great addition to your platform...Nitrous and Meth are like bread and butter...Both super cool the intake charge, Meth raises octane to balance the nitrous's effect of creating an easily combustable mixture...I
Day after day I watch the magazine mechanics yap away, and the real tuners, and or programmers struggle to understand or "crack" the DME to trick the EWG into allowing them to max out the turbo for an extra 30-40hp ( prob less, bc as 20psi approaches your intake air is heating and the law of diminishing returns takes its ugly hold...) For bragging rights, tuner wars etc...
When I was professionally building cars , we regularly built turbo, nitrous cars...The simple premise is 2 fold...either people...
A. wanted to or had to run less boost + nitrous, and some sort of hard to burn fuel, take a huge load off the expensive turbo, and only undergo normal wear and tear on the motor 99.9% of the time when just driving....or...
B.Max out + the turbo, add a tremendous amount of race fuel or equivilent, add an ignition system that can make a spark through a super warm dense mix of air and fuel and that turbo that normallyy could only make 20psi is now
pushing 25-30psi (For a short time until it basically explodes) because that hot air is being super cooled enough to make some more power...
On a side note, but important Terry stopped offfering advice for N02 not because it wasnt a viable option for certain people, but because in the wrong hands, aka most people on these forums it is dangerous and can easily cause detonation and blow even the M2 engine which has the most and the most advanced safeguards Ive ever seen on an engine...I think that was def a smart decision...
Also in controlled environments with skilled people things can go very wrong.

Sincerely man: take care - we don't want to read bad news.
      11-03-2016, 06:43 PM   #281
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Also in controlled environments with skilled people things can go very wrong.

Sincerely man: take care - we don't want to read bad news.
Of course. I have no false impression my engines bullet proof...For Nitrous, aggressive tunes, higher boost or anything for that matter..

I just dont mid being different sometimes...Just because "Most" bimmerpost members think N02 is dangerous means nothing...Most members here think N02 is flammable, Most think Meth/water 50/50 is flammable and risky for an engine, Most have barely done an oil change for themselves...

Anytime i went off on my own and did my own research I had great results...The fact that hundreds of people who know nothing other than what they hear from another friend that knows nothing , makes me want to do it more...

And sorry for the pic above...I said in an earlier post that intersection was horrible...therve been 2 major accidents there since mine...Just figured Id post a pic, not trying to bum ppl out.

But again ur right, shit happens, but with meth, the lowest n02 shot poss, and 6 failsafes, that shit can be kept minimum. Im sure youd agree?
      11-08-2016, 10:25 AM   #282
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Some Pictures of my new rear tires, and my cockpit switch which will control my Nitrous Oxide, C02 Intercooler Sprayer and Methanol as well as purge my C02 or N02 through my new Saibon Vented Carbon Hood (With Blue LED illumination
Attached Images

11-08-2016, 01:00 PM   #283
Speedii
Rep
Drives: M2

Hood is badass
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2016, 11:12 PM   #284
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedii View Post
Hood is badass
Thanks...

Pulled the trigger today on 2 Bride Lomax Racing Seats and G Force Pro 5 point FIA HArnesses w/ Sliders and seat brackets by and 2 series mounts by VAC...

Prob will install after winter as I love the heated seats/ Steering wheel...But As I said when I first got the car I hate the stock seats...The look and the bolsters...

Also got NGK 9770 colder plugs and a CM10 nozzle (for BMS Meth Inj) Did the match and thats slightly more meth than I need for the power I plan on pushing, leaves the door open to raise jetting to 50 shot if the engine responds well to the 30.

Ordered M Performance Rear Diffuser...

Next up billet bottle bracket for the two 10lbs bottles of N20 and c02....using trunk liner as template and remaking one with 1/4 inch plywood( carpeted of course) and hiding all SS / nylon lines and wires. Hoping I can still fit the Sub, may end up where the back seat used to be...

Still undecided on wheeel color Personally want bronze/gold. But seems Im the only one that likes BSM gold combo.

These cars looks amazing IMO. C'MON LOL....Buddies saying gloss black, and im getting limo tint so black out, i like contrast personally.
Attached Images

Last edited by DKX4///M; 11-11-2016 at 02:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2016, 12:52 PM   #285
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Now get down with proTUNING Freaks Bootmod3

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0
      11-13-2016, 06:19 PM   #286
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
More Mods :)

Did an experiment last night with the C02 Intercooler sprayer...Sprayed the intercooler for one 15 second burst and used a Laser Thermometer to record the change in core temps....The results were insane, unfortuneately I emptied the bottle by the time I decided to record but Ill post a video shortly...

Results:

Ambient Room Temp @ 80*F
Intercooler was as low as -60*F

However when the c02 stops the temps come up rapidly t0 around 20-30*F where the temperature increase slowly climbs...

Now keep in mind 1. No hot air is traveling through, 2.No cold air is passing through, and this is without the simultaneous antifreeze spray...With the antifreeze manaually sprayed onto the cooler earlier temps dropped to the same -60*F But -30 antifreeze froze and kept the i/c below freezing for a few minutes...

Im extremely excited to see this applications results especially combined with Nitrous Oxide and methanol.

I am slightly worried that the i/c covered in RAPIDLY freezing liquid could cause damage, but I went with the VRSF knowing Id be using c02. So its Bar & Plate and not really a super high density core which I feel would be more prone to damage...

I put the spraying mechanism where I did bc the top of the intercooler tends to be where more turbulence and the air stays in the i/c a little longer as opposed to quickly passing through...I will experiment with different placement options when the time comes...

All I know is when its 40* out my car feels like its got an extra 100HP LOL...-60*F Intercooler, TBH Im very curious to the results...There will be before & after dynos...
Attached Images