BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > sort of urgent, need advice right now

10-17-2016, 02:01 PM   #1
M2LA
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 - AW EX MT6 ACP

sort of urgent, need advice right now

I will spare you the saga; suffice it to say that I dealt with a dealer that did not get my allocation and my deal to get an M2 by years end fell through last week. I want an AW, EX, M6. I have a 12/30/17 lease return. I was and am pissed. I found a $5K week 44 that is 150mi away and a $2K week 49 that is 5mi away. I am in Los Angeles. Dealer that is 5mi away seems like a very nice guy, we have a lot in common. On a flute I just called a dealer that is 11mi a way. Spoke to a senior sales guy and they have my car. They want $20K over for it. I told them the deal I have $2K over, etc. and said the only way I would break my deal with the week 49 would be if they sold me the car @ 2K. He just called me and said the way to make it happen is for me to be onsite. I don’t have a problem doing this as I would like to see the car again.

My lease return is totally upside down in miles – I normally roll into the same car every 3 years but no more manuals. Even with the mileage reduction I still am going to owe $3K. If I did this deal I could be conceivably turning my car in months early. I have some repairs to do on it. I would save me hundreds of dollars in mileage fees and it would guarantee my not having to rent a car in jan/feb for god knows how long. Even with socal weather I don’t really want to only ride my m/c. I like the dealer I am dealing with a ton but if this car can happen now it seems very enticing. I don’t know if I like giving my $ to a dealer that is marking up cars but if they are giving me a square deal then it makes me feel slightly better.

I feel bad screwing over the guy @ 49 but @ 2K and having it right now it is tempting.

Thoughts? – am I missing something, am I a $hit for doing this?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2016, 02:22 PM   #2
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2LA
I will spare you the saga; suffice it to say that I dealt with a dealer that did not get my allocation and my deal to get an M2 by years end fell through last week. I want an AW, EX, M6. I have a 12/30/17 lease return. I was and am pissed. I found a $5K week 44 that is 150mi away and a $2K week 49 that is 5mi away. I am in Los Angeles. Dealer that is 5mi away seems like a very nice guy, we have a lot in common. On a flute I just called a dealer that is 11mi a way. Spoke to a senior sales guy and they have my car. They want $20K over for it. I told them the deal I have $2K over, etc. and said the only way I would break my deal with the week 49 would be if they sold me the car @ 2K. He just called me and said the way to make it happen is for me to be onsite. I don’t have a problem doing this as I would like to see the car again.

My lease return is totally upside down in miles – I normally roll into the same car every 3 years but no more manuals. Even with the mileage reduction I still am going to owe $3K. If I did this deal I could be conceivably turning my car in months early. I have some repairs to do on it. I would save me hundreds of dollars in mileage fees and it would guarantee my not having to rent a car in jan/feb for god knows how long. Even with socal weather I don’t really want to only ride my m/c. I like the dealer I am dealing with a ton but if this car can happen now it seems very enticing. I don’t know if I like giving my $ to a dealer that is marking up cars but if they are giving me a square deal then it makes me feel slightly better.

I feel bad screwing over the guy @ 49 but @ 2K and having it right now it is tempting.

Thoughts? – am I missing something, am I a $hit for doing this?

Thank you!
Get the car now if uou can. Dealer will understand, not like you owe him anything anyway.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2016, 02:24 PM   #3
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

I'm willing to bet the dealer with the week 49 allocation can find a home for it in about 15 minutes. I"d worry less about him and more about making sure you have weighed the financials of turning your lease in now (presumably without repairs, but with a few months fewer miles) vs. taking the week 49 and making those repairs, but putting more miles on the car.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2016, 04:11 PM   #4
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 MB M2 CS

Let us know. When you go there, you're not getting that car for $2k over. I assume they've suckered you in. Perhaps others have more faith in car salesmen. Good luck though!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2016, 04:38 PM   #5
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryem3
Let us know. When you go there, you're not getting that car for $2k over. I assume they've suckered you in. Perhaps others have more faith in car salesmen. Good luck though!
That's why I said get it if you can. Seems mildly fishy but it's not far for OP, I'd make the drive too. Nothing to lose except an hour of time.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2016, 05:05 PM   #6
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

You should have no problem turning in lease a couple mo early and you obviously save big on the additional miles you would have driven. I'd do the deal with $2k upcharge now.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2016, 07:10 PM   #7
M2LA
Private First Class
Rep

Well...

I got it. AW, EX, 6M, AP. I would like to thank those who responded to pretty much a lame 1st post. The car is stunning and actually drives a lot better than I thought it would. Last test I did was the focus rs – nightmare ride and seats from hell imo. I left it there; I was there for a few hours and had enough. I will pick it up sometime this week. So the deal was that a guy ordered it and could not make the financing part happen. No $hit, they were asking 20K over for it. I gave them what the guy on the phone agreed to, 2K. Everyone was very nice and professional. They said not to tell anyone what dealer I got it from that this was a one off situation and that the other cars will be sold for over sticker and they don’t want anyone to call them to haggle. Now there is a first lol. That is my S5 next to it and yeah it needs some work before I return it. Someone rear ended me in june, very minor and then I had a lamppost of all things fall between the cars a week ago. The signs on the post are what tagged both cars; no signs and the post would have fallen between the gap between them.

As some background I have had only pcars and audis for the past 3 decades. No more manuals for audi. I was interested in the quadrifoglio but I have had 4 decades dealing with ducati and know that deliveries from Italy can be random at best sometimes and I don’t think alfa can get it together. All I need is a car wreck and to wait months for the replacement part. I used to kart a lot but vertigo sometimes crops up after sessions so I thought the M2 would fill in the gap and provide another track option. I needed something with a trunk and a stick. The shelby’s ride is rough imo and they smell funny but that might have worked but it’s not the DD the 2 is imo. Ditto with the camaro, I like their track options but it lacks the build quality I am used to. So here I am. Seems like a really nice car. Last bmw I had was in the early 80s. My next more is to replace one of the ducs with something that can do 100mi without beating me up. If anyone has bike thoughts let them rip. I am thinking 17’ R1200RS but I am open and what color? lol…it never ends…you guys seem like a nice group, look forward to learning more about what I just got from you all. Take care, M2LA
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
BAN_M2C4180.00
Sebis186.50
      10-17-2016, 09:09 PM   #8
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

Congrats on your car. 2k over MSRP isn't bad at all in LA. Dealers can ask anything they want for a car but the market dictates reality and short of someone with a ton of cash to waste most dealers are not going to find takers for these cars at 20k over MSRP. Your dealer is sleezy for trying that crap, I feel bad for the guy who didn't get the car for financial reasons because my guess is he could have done the deal at 2k over.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2016, 09:36 PM   #9
CrashFL
M2 Pilot
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

Congratulations!! You're going to love the car. Sweet S5 and Duc also.
      10-17-2016, 11:17 PM   #10
M2OG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a car

Congrats, I'm actually the guy who ordered it. The story they told you isn't exactly what happened but I'm glad you got it for a way more fair price than I would have. Kudos
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2016, 11:23 PM   #11
M2LA
Private First Class
Rep

DUDE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natek View Post
Congrats, I'm actually the guy who ordered it. The story they told you isn't exactly what happened but I'm glad you got it for a way more fair price than I would have. Kudos
good grief man, I have your car? I don't get it, if cost was an issue why didn't they just give it to you for what i got it for? actually is probably not a great subject for either of us and i am pretty raw from the whole ordeal, from my dealer screwing my deal up to having to find a new car in the last week. if you want my 111 week 49 that I got last wed shoot me a pm, same cost 2K over and a VERY nice guy to deal with. if you drink bourbon then you can also shoot me a pm and we can do that lol
Appreciate 2
BAN_M2C4180.00
M2OG400.00
      10-18-2016, 04:57 AM   #12
HawaiiG80Green
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Congrats! We have the same build and specs. Man I would never pay anything extra. Glad i have an awesome CA. Its my 5 car from her though. ?. Fleet discount.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2016, 08:38 AM   #13
Sebis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '24 G87, '18 GTI

Congratulations, AW is my favorite color for M2.
      10-18-2016, 10:46 AM   #14
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 MB M2 CS

Well done, glad they didn't hose you!
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2016, 09:19 PM   #15
Encinitas CA M2+M5 Owner
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 Long Beach Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natek View Post

Adding insult to injury you should let that dealer know that his statements reguarding your ability to finance a car are actionable as well as unethical . I beliveve BMW should compensiate you for this...let me know if I can help pm me I have an idea...natek

Cong on new m2.. Super car
Appreciate 0