BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Problems with fuel F87 M2

06-05-2020, 12:21 PM   #1
Dawido
ADHD
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 FL

Problems with fuel F87 M2

Hello guys! I was looking for some answer, but I didn't find similar topic.

So I have some strange problems with my M2 from end of 2017. Its a bit tuned up with wagner IC, wagner DP and ecu tuned. From this set up we got 430 hp and almost 600 nm. I was using this map for like two weeks and then one day something changed. I couldn't run smothly because between 5-6k I had some kind of fuel/boost cut? Idk tbh.

After this we came back to serial map and everything is fine. What might be the reason? We are thinking that it might be a problem with lpfp or hpfp. Any tips ?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 12:50 PM   #2
eeyang92
Captain
Rep
Drives: LBB M2 LCI 6MT

Did the weather get warmer?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 03:42 PM   #3
Dawido
ADHD
Rep

Nope, it was spring, almost the same weather all the time. And it happened 1st time at the evening so it was even colder.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 08:57 PM   #4
mr_lab_rat
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, 2018 X1

The best way to troubleshoot it would be by looking at the logs. Does your tuning software have logging feature?

What tune? What gas do you run? Assuming those numbers are at the crank you shouldn't be running out of fueling capacity of the pumps but the symptoms are pointing at it.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 12:48 PM   #5
Dawido
ADHD
Rep

I use 98 octan fuel all the time. It is tuned on regular m2 ECU and we saw on logs that there is not enough fuel. The point is which pump go crashed.

The most intersting thing is fact that it got crashed after two weeks of regular using the car but when we came to serial map everything is fine. So for me it means that one of the pump is slowly dying and it can handle regular fuel boost but on higher its getting crashed.

Anyway, I have few ideas to fix it:
1st To buy dinan pump upgrade kit (too bad is out of stock and I need it yesterday :P ) Might it help?
2nd To buy Walbro 450
3rd To buy Supras hpfp

What do you think guys?

Last edited by Dawido; 06-06-2020 at 12:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 08:59 AM   #6
Dasnub
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

I’d go with the Supra HPFP. OEM always feels more comfortable.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 05:21 AM   #7
Dawido
ADHD
Rep

So we did something. I borrowed from my friend his OEM lpfp and we swapped them. For now I didn't try previous map, but I have feeling that on cold engine the jerking is less then before ( I felt it a bit everyday on sport+ + dsc off On the first gear I was feeling a bit of jerking).
-m performance exhaust
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 11:53 AM   #8
Rafal84
Rep
Drives: various

Hej, sprawa jest prosta... 430 KM i 600 Nm to koniec pompy na silniku.

Nie wiem kto Ci to stroił ale powinien to wiedzieć, dosyć znany problem... u mnie przy 431 i 560 Nm chodziło wsio idealnie.... ale mowili ze mimo to powinienem wymienic pompe wysokiego cisnienia, pojezdzilem 2 tys km i tak tez zrobilem...

ja wymianialem na ttfs hpfp (nie były dostepne te z supry wtedy bo nikt tematu nie znal ale teraz osobiscie ładowalbym pompe Dorsch Engeenering kto wie moze kiedys zamienia, bo ta ttfs hpfs jest glosna) do tego dorzucilem TTE550 i jest git
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 03:37 PM   #9
Dawido
ADHD
Rep

Siema, daj na pw jakiś kontakt do siebie. Chodzi o to, że pojeżdziłem dwa tygodnie na tym programie i było git. Nagle jebło i od tamtej chwili wiedzieliśmy, że jest problem z paliwem tylko pytanie czemu objawił się dopiero po dwóch tygodniach katowania na tej mapie.

Na serii niby jest ok, aczkolwiek na zimny czuje lekkie szarpanie. Orientujesz się jaki jest koszt hpfp z supry? Mam mega rabat na części z toyoty tylko pytanie czy to będzie najlepsze wyjście, bo nie chce ani nic głośnego ani nie chce wydawać 10k pln na pompę

Masz nr części tej pompy hpfp z supry?
-m performance exhaust
Appreciate 0