BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > Let's discuss the BMW "M2 CS" rumor: will there be a hardcore M2 variant 2019/2020 ?

08-21-2017, 01:48 PM   #1013
termigni
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: S2000, MacanS, M4CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
agree. I'd choose ventilated seats over heated seats if I had to choose.

2018 ///M2 LCI, Metallic Orange, 6MT, Exec Pkg, Apple.. Sold

Instagram: Tommys911
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 08:27 AM   #1014
M3gasmd
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46m3,cayenne gts,997.2c4s,1m

Can anybody confirm that they are only making 1000 units of the m2 cs!???
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 01:37 PM   #1015
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3gasmd View Post
Can anybody confirm that they are only making 1000 units of the m2 cs!???
The M2 CS is not limited by number, but limited by production slots. They will make a lot more than 1000 M2 CS models. There is no CSL model, and the GTS has not been confirmed yet. Rumours suggest only a small number, similarly to the M4 GTS.

MR
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 09:50 PM   #1016
OSee
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Sold

So a publication wrote an article based on pure speculation and rumors, credited to an anonymous source.... and it is now being discredited with more pure speculation and rumors.....by forum members....stay with me now..... about a car that BMW won't even acknowledge it's existence?

Am I caught up yet?
Appreciate 2
StephGOD218.50
      09-05-2017, 09:56 PM   #1017
ChrisK
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

Garage List
Ok, this is better.
Attached Images

09-05-2017, 10:12 PM   #1018
kevlee23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 335xi, F87 M2 AW EXEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
Ok, this is better.
Where did you get this photo or is it photoshopped ? I wana see hockenheim silver I'm probably goin black unless this silver strikes me
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 10:16 PM   #1019
OSee
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlee23 View Post
Where did you get this photo or is it photoshopped ? I wana see hockenheim silver I'm probably goin black unless this silver strikes me
Photoshopped.

Bimmerpost has a pretty good guess at Hockenehim Silver on their front page with the info everyone is freaking out about.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2017, 12:08 AM   #1020
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCfromOC View Post
So a publication wrote an article based on pure speculation and rumors, credited to an anonymous source.... and it is now being discredited with more pure speculation and rumors.....by forum members....stay with me now..... about a car that BMW won't even acknowledge it's existence?

Am I caught up yet?
Yep.

BMW is in the business of selling cars TODAY.. so there are million$ of rea$on$ why they won't acknowledge any new model until they are good and ready.

Why do you think spy photographers are out snapping pics of vehicles ?

Why do you think that BMW spends so much time on their camo game ?

PS.. if you don't think that that there aren't also leaks.. maybe you've never purchased a Samsung phone or an Apple i device ... even those companies have leaks. Let alone White Houses ..

I got in line for an M version of the 1 series with a group of my E30 M3 friends in 2008 or so. We simply ASSUMED an M car was coming... because they always did ! And then it didn't.

Well.. that's ok I had a lot of fun driving my E30 M3 !

Years later .. when Bimwads on this forum were lamenting the death of BMW M due to " dilution of the brand ". I was on M-power.com and got in on all the dirt before the 1M was announced. Then I became a part of the announcement. .. And now I own one.

In 2013.. when the 2 series was announced .. I got in line for an M2... I passed up a chance at an HEA car in early 2016 once I saw the curb weight.

.. I'm waiting for something a little hard core. I've been first at multiple dealers for awhile now. Based on what I am seeing from the letters CS.. I'm gonna keep on waiting.

Will BMW surprise and make an M2 GTS after soaking tons of wannabe M2 owners that had to have an S motor to validate their M car purchase especially since there are no M mirrors out of the market by selling them an M2 CS?

If they do.. I'll be ready !!

Until then .. I'm enjoying the hell out of my 1M!
Appreciate 2
Gatte1193.00
JustChris17423.00
      09-06-2017, 12:54 AM   #1021
kiysersosae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, M2CS, M3CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Yep.

BMW is in the business of selling cars TODAY.. so there are million$ of rea$on$ why they won't acknowledge any new model until they are good and ready.

PS.. if you don't think that that there aren't also leaks.. maybe you've never purchased a Samsung phone or an Apple i device ... even those companies have leaks. Let alone White Houses ..

I got in line for an M version of the 1 series with a group of my E30 M3 friends in 2008 or so. We simply ASSUMED an M car was coming... because they always did ! And then it didn't.

Years later .. when Bimwads on this forum were lamenting the death of BMW M due to " dilution of the brand ". I was on M-power.com and got in on all the dirt before the 1M was announced. Then I became a part of the announcement. .. And now I own one.

In 2013.. when the 2 series was announced .. I got in line for an M2... I passed up a chance at an HEA car in early 2016 once I saw the curb weight.

.. I'm waiting for something a little hard core. I've been first at multiple dealers for awhile now. Based on what I am seeing from the letters CS.. I'm gonna keep on waiting.

Will BMW surprise and make an M2 GTS after soaking tons of wannabe M2 owners that had to have an S motor to validate their M car purchase especially since there are no M mirrors out of the market by selling them an M2 CS?

If the M4 GTS is anything to go by BMW can keep it. I think the CS will be the perfect balance between price, performance and practicality.

I don't think there are many on here that want the S motor, it's just the power increase that it brings, if they can get it out the N55 or B58 then let's have it. The mirrors are not essential either, does nothing for me.

I think alot of people would agree that weight saving, performance increase and suspension upgrade would make it an even better car than it already is.

If your just wanting a car that is made in Ltd numbers so you can say you have one then wait for the GTS, seems pointless though, as the current crop of GTS motors are shi*t!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2017, 03:11 AM   #1022
Gatte
Major
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels.

Quote:
Yep.

Here's your situation:
You want the GTS/ CSL but you do know that if that car gets made, it will be with a DCT only which you won't buy

How're you gonna win this ?

Your best option is to get the CS if it comes with a manual transmission option. Either that or wait for the next Porsche gt4 which will mostly be MY2020.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2017, 03:12 AM   #1023
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Photoshopped.

Bimmerpost has a pretty good guess at Hockenehim Silver on their front page with the info everyone is freaking out about.
Link please.... I did not find that information. I will go to the IAA next week and sit down with BMW to discuss things on my business and personal agenda.

Let's wait and see if there is a car painted in Hockenheim Silver at the show and if not let's see what rumours are floating around the journalists.

MR
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2017, 03:45 AM   #1024
N54
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
Link please.... I did not find that information. I will go to the IAA next week and sit down with BMW to discuss things on my business and personal agenda.

Let's wait and see if there is a car painted in Hockenheim Silver at the show and if not let's see what rumours are floating around the journalists.

MR
Think he means this:
http://www.bmwblog.com/2017/09/03/bm...ed-1000-units/

But it's mineral grey

Very much doubt the CS will be at Frankfurt, suspect it will be all M5

Unless you know differently?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2017, 05:33 AM   #1025
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Then I became a part of the announcement. .. And now I own one.
What do you mean you became part of the announcement?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2017, 05:50 AM   #1026
ChrisK
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlee23 View Post
I photoshopped it.
      09-06-2017, 05:54 AM   #1027
ChrisK
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Silver. Sorry it's not perfect.
Attached Images

09-06-2017, 07:24 AM   #1028
ModestV8
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Quote:
Whoa cool
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2017, 07:48 AM   #1029
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Quote:
Then I became a part of the announcement. .. And now I own one.
What do you mean you became part of the announcement?
November 18, 2010: forum fellow M3 Adjuster is part of small group allowed by BMW to drive a 1M prototype in Leipzig.

Two days later: BMW releases a video of that feat .
      09-06-2017, 09:20 AM   #1030
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Am I caught up yet?
Ignorance is bliss. Believe what you wanna believe.

In the past an epic-esque debate raged on this forum tackling the question whether the N55B30T0 engine powering the base M2 is 'open deck' or 'closed deck'. It even became a running gag. What the papers said: several official press releases of BMW M2 launch (October 2015) and the BMWNA website prominently stated that the M2 engine was 'closed deck'. I had my doubts about the accuracy of that information and explained on the forum with a reasoning why I believed the M2 engine to be 'open deck' (threads: here, here, here and here). Most forum fellows kindly commented that I got it wrong ("rather weak conjecture" as someone coined it). A forum fellow (with whom the debate has always been respectful and civilized) even walked the extra mile to correspond with BMWNA about this topic. Initially he got a 'closed deck' response from a BMWNA engine expert product spokesperson. As that still didn't convince me because of loose ends, some forum fellows over here got a tad irritated with my 'open deck' persistence, to the point that one guy even got a temporary ban for name-calling (repeatedly lamenting that anyone suggesting 'open deck' was an idiot, etc.). How did that story end: the final answer came through: the M2 engine is 'open deck'. 'Closed deck' references have vanished from BMW M2 press releases and the BMWNA website.

Have I gotten any insider info whatsoever about this ? Honestly, not at all, really. Just keep your eyes open for relevant dots on the radar (interwebs) and use your mind to connect those. Of course sometimes the educated guessing turns out to be wrong, but not always (dots can be clues), and sometimes BMW changes plans, resulting into initial information getting outdated.

So don't take everything that gets posted as gospel. Even if someday I would get insider info straight from BMW people, I would refrain from posting it, out of respect for BMW and BMW people. Often, silence is golden. I'm a BMW M enthusiast and customer and wanna keep it that way.

If you ask me what I think about the rumor that M2 test mules exist with a 410hp [metric] 3.0 S55 engine and with AW, BSM, LBB, Sunset Orange Metallic and Hockenheim Silber Metallic paint codes: to me that sounds as accurate as that the base M2 engine has 'open deck' and that the M2 CS engine has 'closed deck'.
      09-06-2017, 10:37 AM   #1031
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
Quote:
Photoshopped.
Bimmerpost [read: BMWBlog] has a pretty good guess at Hockenheim Silver on their front page with the info everyone is freaking out about.
MR
The render shown in the BMWBlog article was originally posted in October 2015 (see here). Nowhere does BMWBlog claim that the body color shown in that particular M2 render should be understood to be the all-new Hockenheim Silver Metallic color. To my understanding BMWBlog used that render merely as illustration for the article.

Dackelone posted it over here in July 2016 (see here):

A similar render (lighter and without photoshopped roll cage) was posted over here at Bimmerpost in October 2015 by forum fellow nhagg (see here):

No pictures have surfaced yet of how 'Hockenheim Silber Metallic' looks (BMW paint code C33), but the name inevitably reveals that it's a "Silver" and no "Grey" + this paint starts to show up in touch-up car paint sites (see for example here and here).

Reposting a couple of 2015 silver renders made by forum fellow Paul-Bracq-BMW:

M2 in gorgeous 'Pure Metal Silver' (BMW paint code P13) by Japanese tuner 3D Design (real car - no Photoshop render) (see here):

09-06-2017, 10:46 AM   #1032
M2Nebula
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2, X1, TSX WGN

Pure Metal Silver is too blue-ish. Much prefer the Paul Bracq render, the lighter silver ones.
Appreciate 1
Dackelone10511.00
      09-06-2017, 11:24 AM   #1033
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Arrow Hockenheim Silber Metallic...

I'm in agreement with Artemis... no one knows what the 'Hockenheim Silber Metallic' will look like. Maybe we will know more in a week or so when the IAA Frankfurt auto show opens up.

Paul-Bracq-BMW render below looks amazing. I'd totally rock a bronze M2 CS (the one pictured below: Moonlight Silver Metallic - BMW paint code B66).

BMW AG are you listening? You NEED to offer the CS in some "new" colors!!!

Name:  bronze  BMW M2 CS Moonlight Silver (1).jpg
Views: 1818
Size:  1.17 MB
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2017, 01:43 PM   #1034
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiysersosae View Post
If the M4 GTS is anything to go by BMW can keep it. I think the CS will be the perfect balance between price, performance and practicality.

I don't think there are many on here that want the S motor, it's just the power increase that it brings, if they can get it out the N55 or B58 then let's have it. The mirrors are not essential either, does nothing for me.

I think alot of people would agree that weight saving, performance increase and suspension upgrade would make it an even better car than it already is.

If your just wanting a car that is made in Ltd numbers so you can say you have one then wait for the GTS, seems pointless though, as the current crop of GTS motors are shi*t!

I want a blend of price and performance... thank you.. ( I have a daily driver for practicality...) SO yes.. I think I know the GTS treatment is right for me!

Hopefully BMW has the BALLS to bring it.

As far as the CS.. which sounds like it's your ideal machine..

weight saving - I doubt it
performance increase - check
suspension upgrade - likely incremental - not even ZL9 setup

The main reason that you won't get any or much of the above in the CS... ? Practicality..
Appreciate 2
JustChris17423.00
Dackelone10511.00