BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Compressor Location

08-04-2017, 07:21 PM   #1
GHarris
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Compressor Location

Looking through my M2 preparing for a trip I wanted to review the compressor and fix a flat procedure. I have the canister of sealant but no compressor as described in the manual. I think it should be right next to the canister in the styrofoam holder.

I am curious if any of you, in the U.S., have a compressor and if so where was it located? The dealer is looking into it for me also.

Thanks, Gary.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2017, 10:42 PM   #2
nd2002
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHarris View Post
Looking through my M2 preparing for a trip I wanted to review the compressor and fix a flat procedure. I have the canister of sealant but no compressor as described in the manual. I think it should be right next to the canister in the styrofoam holder.

I am curious if any of you, in the U.S., have a compressor and if so where was it located? The dealer is looking into it for me also.

Thanks, Gary.
Trunk... right where you described it to be in the manual next to the fix a flat goop.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2017, 09:26 AM   #3
GHarris
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd2002 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHarris View Post

Thanks, Gary.
Trunk... right where you described it to be in the manual next to the fix a flat goop.
Thanks, I guess someone forgot to put it in or borrowed it!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2017, 05:34 AM   #4
Duke Silver
Private
Rep
Drives: '17 MG M2

A little bit unrelated, but can you use the compressor to inflate the tyres for general maintenance? I've got a a 12v compressor coming soon but unsure of the ETA.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2017, 11:58 AM   #5
GHarris
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Silver View Post
A little bit unrelated, but can you use the compressor to inflate the tyres for general maintenance? I've got a a 12v compressor coming soon but unsure of the ETA.

Thanks.
I had one in Corvette a few years ago that could be used if needed. I would not make it a regular practice. There are a number of portable compressors that would be a better choice
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2017, 07:13 AM   #6
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

I have the Conti kit and it works fine to top up the pressures - I try to avoid the gas station pumps, as they are full of water (and whatever else is floating in it). And with the $1.00 I save each time, I can buy a new set of tires
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2017, 11:43 AM   #7
MZWIE
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

fyi....if the tire is totally flat and on the road the compressor will not work because the tire has lost the bead. I had this happen twice on different cars. In both cases had to stop someone and jack it up to let the tire expand and then the compressor works fine.

Moral. Get yourself a small jack. Otherwise no amount of goop or compressors will ever work.
Appreciate 0