BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Seeking Advice for My First BMW Purchase

12-04-2023, 09:22 AM   #1
alisag
Rep
Drives: going to buy

Seeking Advice for My First BMW Purchase

Hey
I've been eyeing the F87 models, and I'm eager to hear from the experienced members here about their recommendations. I'm particularly interested in BMW M2 Competition (, and I'd love to get your insights on things like performance, handling, and any quirks or features that stand out. Additionally, are there any must-have options or packages that you would recommend?
This will be my first BMW, so any advice on the buying process, maintenance tips, or common issues to look out for would be greatly appreciated. I've done some research, but there's nothing like hearing from the real enthusiasts who live these cars.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2023, 07:40 PM   #2
ThreeStripes
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisag View Post
Hey
I've been eyeing the F87 models, and I'm eager to hear from the experienced members here about their recommendations. I'm particularly interested in BMW M2 Competition (, and I'd love to get your insights on things like performance, handling, and any quirks or features that stand out. Additionally, are there any must-have options or packages that you would recommend?
This will be my first BMW, so any advice on the buying process, maintenance tips, or common issues to look out for would be greatly appreciated. I've done some research, but there's nothing like hearing from the real enthusiasts who live these cars.
They’re awesome. Buy one. Search Google for “f87 BimmerPost ______” and you’ll find a dozen threads covering the topic.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2023, 03:28 AM   #3
murderspice
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Dont bother with a comp unless you plan on tracking; an OG (2016-2018) will be a better street car. Don’t worry about options, there’s really only one (it includes the heated steering wheel).
      12-05-2023, 09:43 PM   #4
bmwstephen
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 95' M3, 17' M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderspice View Post
Dont bother with a comp unless you plan on tracking; an OG (2016-2018) will be a better street car. Don’t worry about options, there’s really only one (it includes the heated steering wheel).
I echo that. I think 2017/2018 are the best model for a daily. Each year has its quirks (advantages/disadvantages).

Lastly, I will just say be patient. prices are kind of all over the places.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2023, 03:05 AM   #5
alisag
Rep
Drives: going to buy

Thanks. My thoughts about 2017 have been confirmed. Now I'll monitor the prices
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2023, 01:32 PM   #6
bmwstephen
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 95' M3, 17' M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisag View Post
Thanks. My thoughts about 2017 have been confirmed. Now I'll monitor the prices
Let me know if you need any feedback on some of the ones that are on sale in California.

I practically looked at every 2016-2018 LBB model up and down the state in the last 6 months and all that are posted had some quirks to it incase you are looking at the sameones I did.

I ended up acquiring a completely stock 2017 LBB with 12k miles and it took forever to find. Surprisingly got it out of state too.
Appreciate 0