Yiruna
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, C63s, 718 Cayman GT4

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
DCT Launch control problem

So I was trying to initiate launch control and I got to the race flag start, held down brake, floored throttle. But when I let go, it kinda just jerked forward and limped, but didn't go anywhere and made a loud ish? Not really loud but it was a noticeable pop, so I just eased it slowly back home.

My question is, did I break my DCT in anyways lol
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2017, 09:00 PM   #2
Endeav
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BRG G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiruna View Post
So I was trying to initiate launch control and I got to the race flag start, held down brake, floored throttle. But when I let go, it kinda just jerked forward and limped, but didn't go anywhere and made a loud ish? Not really loud but it was a noticeable pop, so I just eased it slowly back home.

My question is, did I break my DCT in anyways lol
I had this issue the first time I launched too. It's a simple fix and your transmission is most likely fine

The launch control stops if you remove your foot from 100% throttle for even a split second. I found that because the car was launching so hard my foot would slip for a quick second and the throttle would move ever so slightly (i.e. 100% to 99%), but enough to "disable" launch control. The rear wheels would hop because the car things you no longer want to launch and well, it didn't sound so good lol.

Try it again, this time make sure you foot is constantly pinned to the firewall. The car will shift for you through all the gears so don't worry about hitting the paddles - just focus on keeping the steering wheel pointed where you want to go and your foot right to the firewall!
Appreciate 2
bollinm25.00
dishan0.00
      12-08-2017, 11:34 AM   #3
Aronis
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Still have not tried that! Snows on now, so would not dare. LOL. Maybe in the spring.

Mike

2018 M5 and 2019 Porsche Boxster GTS
Prior. '94 325is, '97 M3 Lux, '16 M2
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2017, 04:55 PM   #4
Olivo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Nothing Cool

Just gotta keep your foot to the floor.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Appreciate 0