BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Just for fun: What was your first post about the M2?

05-03-2016, 09:28 AM   #1
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

Just for fun: What was your first post about the M2?

So, what a journey it's been. So glad that the M division has produced a car that I think we all can agree was worth the wait.

On that note, I thought it would be cool to reflect back on your first or second post about the M2 for some laughs.

September 27, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534 View Post
Why, why BMW, must you torture us like this?

I have re-read the M2 discussion forums in detail over 20 times - that is not an exaggeration.

Is anyone else suffering as much as I am? I am foaming at the mouth for any more information about this car.

This may be a stupid post, but I don't know if I can make it until December for any more news.

I say December, because another member said that's when the concept reveal date may be? I'm not sure. The late production date is already enough to cry about.

What was your first ever post about the M2? Were you as big of a bitch as I was?

Cheers!

Edit: and even if you're not getting one, that doesn't mean you weren't along for the ride. Looking at you, \\\W!

Soon.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 04:16 PM   #2
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Gosh I'm not sure, it was some time ago though! It's been quite a journey and a very active forum that snowballed just before launch.
      05-03-2016, 07:15 PM   #3
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

IIRC this M2 forum was created in 2014, as posts about the M2 started to outgrow the 1M forum. So there is also M2 stuff on the 1M forum.

In the early days over here at the M2 forum, it was by no means as crowded as nowadays. Some of those forum fellow 'veterans' are still around.

Early 2014: a post analyzing some early stage M2 rumors, thereby claiming that BMW needed an M2 in its line-up (apart from a 'missing link' in the ///M line-up) because of the public demand for a compact ///M car:
http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...&postcount=171

BMW kept the M2 project tightly under wraps - info was scarce. Several analyses ever since, which - from hindsight - turned out to be often more hit than miss.

Exciting was the challenge to 'undress' M2 test mules, looking through their camouflage, reconstructing with Adem1534 what was lying beneath (http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1087272). It turned out to be pretty spot on. It was even hinted that our unveiling technique surprised BMW (we made negatives of M2 test mule pictures in order to better discern some design lines). Feel free to check some M2 'guesstimate' designs on the basis of what you know right now and try to find inaccuracies: Another early post, pointing out that BMW had filed "M2" in 2010 as word mark (trade mark protection). An indication that the M2 could come to fruition someday (though sometimes companies file for industrial property protection without subsequently doing anything with it): http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...&postcount=340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
BMW was thinking about the possibility of an M2 already several years ago.