04-30-2016, 03:22 PM   #23
cole3488
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
I find this surprising, given your proclivity to be OCD about changing other aspects of the car - such as the planned mods, and then your crazy delivery process, the F-35 look alike, etc. As a detail oriented person, which you appear to be, it just seems strange to overlook such a flaw - which it is, whether it is noticeable or not.

Couldn't buy the car because of it - I really couldn't. Even with the understandable reasons for this feature (which I know exist), I could not get over feeling like I was cock-eyed somehow when sitting in the seat. Or wondering why in the hell they hadn't just made it straight to begin with?

I wonder if the feeling is exacerbated by a MT? Perhaps a driver can slightly alter his or her position in the seat for a DCT car without knowing it.

Another analogy is noticing your first ding or rock chip - once you know it's there, it never leaves your head - or mine anyway.
I've put 900+ miles on mine and have a 6mt. I haven't noticed it at all and would've never known unless it had been brought up. And I assure you little things like that drive me nuts.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2016, 05:16 PM   #24
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Oh yes you do! You have all kinds of glare!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2016, 05:13 PM   #25
CarbonEvora
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Just got my new M2 a couple of days ago, one of the first to be delivered in Scotland. Having just come from a Lotus Evora then an Exige roadster, i thought I would be compromised with the handling of the M2 . However, the opposite, first impressions are that the car has similar feel and handling, even though it is a heavier car. Top marks to the M engineers!

Trying to get it run in and loosened up before the first track day. I will be very interested to see how it measures up to Lotus handling on track! I suspect the brakes may be the first casualty.
      05-01-2016, 07:58 PM   #26
CanadianDriver
Captain
Rep
Drives: P3D-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonEvora View Post
Just got my new M2 a couple of days ago, one of the first to be delivered in Scotland. Having just come from a Lotus Evora then an Exige roadster, i thought I would be compromised with the handling of the M2 . However, the opposite, first impressions are that the car has similar feel and handling, even though it is a heavier car. Top marks to the M engineers!

Trying to get it run in and loosened up before the first track day. I will be very interested to see how it measures up to Lotus handling on track! I suspect the brakes may be the first casualty.
That's really cool to hear from an Exige driver. Thanks for sharing your impressions!
Appreciate 1
      05-03-2016, 06:05 PM   #27
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 Jeep Wrangler, 18 M2 LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincE92M3 View Post

-The 437M wheels are really aggressive on the M2 from the factory. The offsets make it look like spacers are in place. The tires look stretched and I'm guessing upsizing tires would be possible.
I wondered about that. They looked a little stretched in the pictures but I wasn't sure.
Appreciate 0