05-23-2022, 07:03 AM   #1
CoffeeLife
Coffee Every Day
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2021 BMW M2C  [10.00]
M2CS Racing Wing

Anyone have experience running the CS Wing or have technical info regarding it?

I'm deciding between the CS Racing Wing or the APR GT-250 wing.

Thanks!
-Recaro Pole Position , 2kBody Half Cage, Pinnacle Motorsports Half Cage (On order), CAE Shifter
-Remus Race + BR EL Mid
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2022, 09:51 AM   #2
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeLife View Post
Anyone have experience running the CS Wing or have technical info regarding it?

I'm deciding between the CS Racing Wing or the APR GT-250 wing.

Thanks!
Hard to find info on the BMW wings - been down that same path a couple of times with their stuff. I can't imagine it being as effective as the GT250 can potentially be depending on how it is mounted though. I'm actually going to be running the GT250 in a couple of weeks with some custom mounts designed to be used with the motorsport trunk.
Appreciate 1
      05-23-2022, 11:52 AM   #3
Suds
/M Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: Responsiblish

OG, what front splitter will be combined with the rear wing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
Hard to find info on the BMW wings - been down that same path a couple of times with their stuff. I can't imagine it being as effective as the GT250 can potentially be depending on how it is mounted though. I'm actually going to be running the GT250 in a couple of weeks with some custom mounts designed to be used with the motorsport trunk.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2022, 11:58 AM   #4
OG Shark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suds View Post
OG, what front splitter will be combined with the rear wing?
Diverged Concepts upper combined with our track spec lower that is a quick release piece. This way we have the pretty on the street and can still run functional aero that is easy on/off
Appreciate 2
Suds1598.50
      05-23-2022, 01:06 PM   #5
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:
Diverged Concepts upper combined with our track spec lower that is a quick release piece. This way we have the pretty on the street and can still run functional aero that is easy on/off
If you end up having to angle your lower splitter down away from the leading edge of the upper splitter to get an optimal angle like I did, you can use some D-profile weather stripping to seal the gap. I was surprised how much debris was getting in between my upper and lower splitter.

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 2
OG Shark4692.50
Rundskop148.00
      05-23-2022, 08:32 PM   #6
///393
Captain
Rep
Drives: X6

Quote:
Aw hell, I want to see this.
Appreciate 1
OG Shark4692.50
      05-23-2022, 09:45 PM   #7
CoffeeLife
Coffee Every Day
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2021 BMW M2C  [10.00]
Quote:
Thanks for the input. Prob the route I will go as well and also include that Diverged Concepts front splitter. I wonder if I can mod the lower splitter to mount on my lightweight lip..
-Recaro Pole Position , 2kBody Half Cage, Pinnacle Motorsports Half Cage (On order), CAE Shifter
-Remus Race + BR EL Mid
Appreciate 1
OG Shark4692.50
      05-24-2022, 09:05 AM   #8
OG Shark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
If you end up having to angle your lower splitter down away from the leading edge of the upper splitter to get an optimal angle like I did, you can use some D-profile weather stripping to seal the gap. I was surprised how much debris was getting in between my upper and lower splitter.
I just so happen to have a ton of that exact size in the shop Use that same stuff when we move to poly windows on the race cars to help keep rain out a bit. I have been going back & forth on using a small dam or trying to fill the gap. Both have their positives - just trying to decide which one of the positives is more positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson kop View Post
Aw hell, I want to see this.
This platform needs aero so bad - I can't wait to finally be able to run it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeLife View Post
Thanks for the input. Prob the route I will go as well and also include that Diverged Concepts front splitter. I wonder if I can mod the lower splitter to mount on my lightweight lip..
Really impressed with the Diverged Concepts front lip if you are leaning that direction. FaRKle! did a great write up on it and that is what got me leaning that way as well. The flat bottom is perfect to mount up a lower portion too (the lightweight should be the same though if I recall?). I would have no qualms about running the lower portion with it on the track. Personally I am looking for a bit more df than what that will provide to also be able to balance out more wing in the rear when I prefer to run it. Also quickly on/off is a boon.
Appreciate 2
FaRKle!4016.00
      05-24-2022, 03:01 PM   #9
MooMooM2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

I also want to see this quick on off lower splitter and whatever aero you got cooking for the m2. I agree that there should be more options but above all I would love to see stuff that actually has been tested. I assume (and maybe incorrectly) that the team schirmer stuff maybe tested? I see a lot of it being run on the nurgburg ring, everytime I watch a video of the nbr and see an m2 always has the schirmer front lip and extention and then their wing.

Also curious why not run something like the APR spliter that mounts to the chassis? maybe because too much for street use?

I need to get me a diverge lip, I don't love that it points up a bit though (also don't love that the lightweight does the same thing) but it does look great and price is great
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2022, 05:41 PM   #10
OG Shark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooM2 View Post
I also want to see this quick on off lower splitter and whatever aero you got cooking for the m2. I agree that there should be more options but above all I would love to see stuff that actually has been tested. I assume (and maybe incorrectly) that the team schirmer stuff maybe tested? I see a lot of it being run on the nurgburg ring, everytime I watch a video of the nbr and see an m2 always has the schirmer front lip and extention and then their wing.

Also curious why not run something like the APR spliter that mounts to the chassis? maybe because too much for street use?

I need to get me a diverge lip, I don't love that it points up a bit though (also don't love that the lightweight does the same thing) but it does look great and price is great
We actually worked with Yeti Racecraft to come up with our splitter design using CFD analysis. It has been balanced to pair well with our wing of choice. Also it will be chassis mounted but in a manner that is easy on/off so can go easy from street to track and back. Otherwise a splitter that actually is effective on the track will get destroyed on the street too easy.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2022, 05:49 PM   #11
ae03440
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18' M2 & 20' X3 M40i

Quote:
We actually worked with Yeti Racecraft to come up with our splitter design using CFD analysis. It has been balanced to pair well with our wing of choice. Also it will be chassis mounted but in a manner that is easy on/off so can go easy from street to track and back. Otherwise a splitter that actually is effective on the track will get destroyed on the street too easy.
Will this be produced and available for purchase? I just recently installed the Diverged Concepts upper spoiler and would love an option for the lower lip for track duty. Thx in advance.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2022, 08:39 PM   #12
MooMooM2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
I love everything about this. What wing is your wing of choice may I ask?
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2022, 11:10 AM   #13
OG Shark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae03440 View Post
Will this be produced and available for purchase? I just recently installed the Diverged Concepts upper spoiler and would love an option for the lower lip for track duty. Thx in advance.
Definitely working towards this

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooM2 View Post
I love everything about this. What wing is your wing of choice may I ask?
So I have two - the APR GT250 and the AJ Hartman Fulcrum 14. Wanted to have a couple of options to go with the mounts we produce. Between the two the AJH piece is a monster - should be noticeably more efficient though. But I want to see how well it will do without reinforcement and we are going to be able to test that out pretty quick on the back straight at cota. Shouldn't have to run as much aoa as the with the APR to be able to balance it out - so I see a lot of plus side there. But it is a very big wing - and I think there is a lot of upside for the APR here in a smaller form factor. Will lose some of the efficiency but for some the positives will outweigh that. So hoping to have some good data for the two after June. Valid reasons to go with both & hopefully that can help in the process.
Appreciate 2
MooMooM21817.50
ae03440240.00
      05-25-2022, 10:15 PM   #14
Hawkdriver
Private
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
2016 M2  [10.00]
Can't wait to see more in the way of front splitter development. I currently use the CS racing rear wing and can tell that it really settles the rear down on high speed sweepers and such.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
H20neun114.00
Dr.Mark84.00
Rundskop148.00
      03-09-2023, 08:27 PM   #15
Sungillest
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: OG M2 ZL9 |Macan 2.9TT

Quote:
Definitely working towards this

So I have two - the APR GT250 and the AJ Hartman Fulcrum 14. Wanted to have a couple of options to go with the mounts we produce. Between the two the AJH piece is a monster - should be noticeably more efficient though. But I want to see how well it will do without reinforcement and we are going to be able to test that out pretty quick on the back straight at cota. Shouldn't have to run as much aoa as the with the APR to be able to balance it out - so I see a lot of plus side there. But it is a very big wing - and I think there is a lot of upside for the APR here in a smaller form factor. Will lose some of the efficiency but for some the positives will outweigh that. So hoping to have some good data for the two after June. Valid reasons to go with both & hopefully that can help in the process.
Please let us know if the wing set up is available to purchase!
Appreciate 1
OG Shark4692.50
      03-10-2023, 08:20 AM   #16
OG Shark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sungillest View Post
Please let us know if the wing set up is available to purchase!
Tried a few different ways but we still couldn't completely eliminate some deflection in the trunk with a removable mount that left the trunk in an aesthetically pleasing condition with the wing assembly off. Basically had to make the mount too large and the aftermath of the trunk looked like crap. With a smaller mount that we could conceal the footprint better but we would get a very slight deflection that we never could fully eliminate. Could barely tell it was there but any wasn't acceptable. The testing was out to 165 on the backstretch at COTA and I'm honestly not sure I would be comfortable with trunk mounting any wing that produces decent downforce at those speeds.

We have gone with a completely different mount setup on our M2C build & working to make a less intrusive version for production. This does require a new trunk though which I was hoping to avoid to keep costs down. The trunk is carbon fiber though so now also getting some weight savings. Still all a work in progress.
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2023, 06:34 AM   #17
GasBurnlife(landapanda)
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
OG Shark can you send a link to the M2 parts you make? Thanks.
Appreciate 1
OG Shark4692.50
      03-13-2023, 10:40 AM   #18
OG Shark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasBurnlife(landapanda) View Post
OG Shark can you send a link to the M2 parts you make? Thanks.
Right now the only things bespoke we have for the M2 are our Nitron kits. We do make half cages and almost finished with the closeout kit for them. Have slowed a bit on offering those though as we have had a very fabrication intensive project going on the last couple of months that took precedence but getting ready to fire back up on them. We are a small shop still and looking for another fabricator to handle more production based stuff like that so we can offer them consistently (instead of pushing them and then saying there is a 3-4 month wait - hate doing that). Enjoy the custom stuff much more than production but it can really be a time suck. Aero kits are also a work in progress as we had to go back to the drawing board on the wing. Few other things on the list to get to but still a ways out as we admittedly have not been able to move quickly on some of this stuff with other priorities getting in the way
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2023, 05:48 AM   #19
paulina
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Right now the only things bespoke we have for the M2 are our Nitron kits. We do make half cages and almost finished with the closeout kit for them. Have slowed a bit on offering those though as we have had a very fabrication intensive project going on the last couple of months that took precedence but getting ready to fire back up on them. We are a small shop still and looking for another fabricator to handle more production based stuff like that so we can offer them consistently (instead of pushing them and then saying there is a 3-4 month wait - hate doing that). Enjoy the custom stuff much more than production but it can really be a time suck. Aero kits are also a work in progress as we had to go back to the drawing board on the wing. Few other things on the list to get to but still a ways out as we admittedly have not been able to move quickly on some of this stuff with other priorities getting in the way
What's the price for the Nitron kits
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2023, 09:07 AM   #20
OG Shark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulina View Post
What's the price for the Nitron kits
paulina Pricing and specs are listed here - OGSM/Inertial Laboratory Custom Nitron Coilover Kits. Would have to check with Nitron on the shipping as my rates are to the US.
Appreciate 1
      03-30-2023, 09:41 AM   #21
Juice ///M
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: RaceCars and Stuff

I have a splitter form the M2 CS BMW CCA team made by Corey Deeds coming out soon! I will have group buy for that coming up!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2023, 09:45 AM   #22
Juice ///M
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: RaceCars and Stuff

See attached setup in the works, first 10 are spoken for. Next 10 will get a group buy.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
aatlas192.00