BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip > Nine Lives Racing Big Wang Kit for M2

05-23-2023, 08:57 PM   #1
Luke AUS
Rep
Drives: M2C

Nine Lives Racing Big Wang Kit for M2

Anyone on the board with one of these or able to offer an informed opinion?
  • I would love some more rear end stability on high speed corners,
  • This looks to mount to the boot/trunk supports in a similar manner to the CS racing wing so should be reasonably supported and,
  • It's reasonly priced.

https://9livesracing.com/products/bm...g-big-wang-kit

Last edited by Luke AUS; 05-23-2023 at 11:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2023, 03:20 AM   #2
CoffeeLife
Coffee Every Day
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2021 BMW M2C  [10.00]
Im running APR but I do enjoy the mounting location of that kit you posted.

Just make sure you buy shorter trunk struts if you dont want the wing smashing into your window. I installed kia carnival hood struts for mine
-Recaro Pole Position , 2kBody Half Cage, Pinnacle Motorsports Half Cage (On order), CAE Shifter
-Remus Race + BR EL Mid
Appreciate 4
F87source7251.50
FaRKle!4016.00
chris7197334.00
      05-24-2023, 03:30 PM   #3
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeLife View Post
Just make sure you buy shorter trunk struts if you dont want the wing smashing into your window. I installed kia carnival hood struts for mine
Heh, they probably have that foam bumper on the leading edge in that pic specifically for that!

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2023, 01:26 PM   #4
Elganja
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C, Huracan, Etron

has anyone installed this wing yet?

considering getting a 2nd trunk deck for track use -- which sounds absurd, but they are ~800 bucks
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2023, 11:14 PM   #5
Luke AUS
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elganja View Post
has anyone installed this wing yet?

considering getting a 2nd trunk deck for track use -- which sounds absurd, but they are ~800 bucks

im moving along a similar path with boots available from wreckers for ~$700AUD id consider either changing the boot for trackdays and/or engaging with ninelives racing to see if the uprights could be bolted to the plates that are fixed to the boot rather than welded.

I'm not aware of anyone on this forum however they are out there... a helpful chap Adam provided me with some of his experiences and a couple of pics...

his feedback was that the downforce is immense and finding a balance with the front end can be a challange, see pic of splitter, which now has me looking for a quick release chassis mount splitter kit for the m2c.....without much luck yet
Attached Images

Last edited by Luke AUS; 06-13-2023 at 11:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2023, 11:19 PM   #6
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke AUS View Post
im moving along a similar path with boots available from wreckers for ~$700AUD id consider either changing the boot for trackdays and/or engaging with ninelives racing to see if the uprights could be bolted to the plates that are fixed to the boot rather than welded.

I'm not aware of anyone on this forum that im aware of however they are out there... a helpful chat Adam provided me with some of his experiences and a couple of pics...

his feedback was that the downforce is immense and finding a balance with the front end can be a challange, see pic of splitter, which now his me looking for a quick release chassis mount splitter kit for the m2c.....without much luck yet
I believe Zebulon now has a splitter offering for the m2c with reasonably quick chassis mount release. Might be challenging to import from the states however?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqEF-E8uEyB/?hl=en
      06-14-2023, 01:40 AM   #7
Luke AUS
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRLane View Post
I believe Zebulon now has a splitter offering for the m2c with reasonably quick chassis mount release. Might be challenging to import from the states however?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqEF-E8uEyB/?hl=en
Thank you!

shipping would be a killer, which probs restricts me to importing the hardware to chassis mount (ideally built for the m2) and building my own splitter...ie https://www.professionalawesome.com/...upport-system/
Appreciate 0