BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > NBT Software Update

02-14-2018, 11:33 AM   #1
giphlag
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

NBT Software Update

Hi all,
I had my car at the dealer for the 12000 mile oil change and mentioned that I'd like them to check for any software updates because my iPhone (connected via bluetooth) doesn't always respond very well. Songs take 10seconds to start playing and when I want to change to a new sone it take just as long to react. I was hoping this could be fixed.

So they kept it for a few hours and updated me from J16383I to M17345I:

I can't tell what's changed. The bluetooth issues still persist. The iDrive UI is the same.

Does anyone here have enough knowledge to tell me what they did? Did I receive just a car software update but not an iDrive update? Or are they the same thing.

Thanks for any help.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 02:34 PM   #2
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
That's happened to me too and I fixed it by deleting the phone from the car and the car from the phone and reconnecting both as new devices. It took a min to load everything the next time I started the car but it functions normally now.
Appreciate 1
      02-14-2018, 03:20 PM   #3
giphlag
Private
Rep

OOOh. I'll have to try that. Thanks for the tip.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2018, 09:30 AM   #4
giphlag
Private
Rep

Ok, I deleted the phone from the car and the car from the phone. Nothing really changed. There still is a significant delay when playing podcasts or songs from Spotify over bluetooth.

Anyone else have any insight over this software update I received?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2018, 05:25 PM   #5
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by giphlag View Post
Ok, I deleted the phone from the car and the car from the phone. Nothing really changed. There still is a significant delay when playing podcasts or songs from Spotify over bluetooth.

Anyone else have any insight over this software update I received?
I was getting the delay just playing regular downloaded music off of my phone.
Since you're streaming your music this means you'll have to troubleshoot a little more as the problem could be related to things like the app itself or bad cell service. Since you just updated the istep and you can't control your network coverage I'd focus on trouble shooting your phone. I would attempt to delete and reinstall the spotify app next. A forced reset of your phone wouldn't hurt either.

Also try connecting your phone to a bluetooth speaker at home/work. See if the delay is there too or if it is only in the car.
Appreciate 1