BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > 2018 M2 available in San Diego

10-12-2017, 10:11 AM   #1
Josh K
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i MSport Estoril Blue

I had an order fall through on this car and I’m looking for someone else to scoop this one up. Willing to sell for sticker plus LoJack $795. If interested please call or text Josh at 619-964-1803 or email me at zephkey@yahoo.com.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 01:53 PM   #2
Motivate
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Shopping for a new one

Was the Lo-Jack installed by the dealer after or the original buyer ordered it?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 02:15 PM   #3
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Duplicate post, see below. Can’t delete from the crappy app.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 02:16 PM   #4
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motivate View Post
Usually they?re installed by the dealer if the customer has bad credit, etc, and they expect to have to repo the car.

Very rarely will a buyer order it.

I would ask for it to be remove myself if I was looking to buy the car.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 04:15 PM   #5
hoyasaxa
Captain
Rep
Drives: GTI | 982 4.0

It's bad enough these cars have ConnectedDrive. I'd never buy a car with LoJack and you don't know and don't control who has access to that.

Guy above says it's related to bad credit. Maybe, but only if it also has starter interrupter.

Forbes has an article about how it's used to cripple cars bought by poor people who can't pay the note. https://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmir...rrupt-devices/

This car also has M Perf Pack

I seriously question whether this was a customer order.
      10-12-2017, 04:20 PM   #6
Josh K
Rep

Quote:
Our dealership puts lo jack on every car for theft purposes. While in inventory but also if your car gets stolen it can be tracked down and recovered. We don?t use it for bad credit or reposession purposes. BMW won?t give a loan on a car like that with bad credit.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 04:22 PM   #7
Josh K
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta View Post
Quote:
Usually they?re installed by the dealer if the customer has bad credit, etc, and they expect to have to repo the car.

Very rarely will a buyer order it.

I would ask for it to be remove myself if I was looking to buy the car.
That isn?t the case at all for us. It is strictly for theft protection. BMW won?t give a loan on a 65k car if you have bad credit!!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 04:24 PM   #8
Josh K
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyasaxa View Post
It's bad enough these cars have ConnectedDrive. I'd never buy a car with LoJack and you don't know and don't control who has access to that.

Guy above says it's related to bad credit. Maybe, but only if it also has starter interrupter.

Forbes has an article about how it's used to cripple cars bought by poor people who can't pay the note. https://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmir...rrupt-devices/

The customer didn?t order the car with lo jack. We put the lo jack on to protect against theft. I promise this was a client order.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 04:30 PM   #9
Josh K
Rep

Quote:

My dealership has multiple orders with the performance pkg on the car. What?s wrong with having some nice extras on the car with no hassle and warranty
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 04:39 PM   #10
Josh K
Rep

Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 04:45 PM   #11
hoyasaxa
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh K View Post
There is no kill switch on the car. Haha. We are not selling these cars to poor people. Not to sound arrogant but this is not a $12,000 Chevy.
Which is why I posted the Forbes article in response to the person, above, who mentioned bad credit.

Quote:
The customer didn?t order the car with lo jack. We put the lo jack on to protect against theft. I promise this was a client order. Not every one is just like you buddy!
So, like I said, the customer didn't order the car LoJack is completely unnecessary for vehicle recovery when the car comes with BMW ConnectedDrive. There is probably an argument to be made that connected drive may not be activated until the customer takes delivery and that, therefore, LoJack is necessary to protect the dealer's inventory. To the extent that is true, LoJack should be removed before final delivery to customer.

Quote:
My dealership has multiple orders with the performance pkg on the car. What?s wrong with having some nice extras on the car with no hassle and warranty
Here's a very long thread, elsewhere on this fourm, about why the performance pack is a ripoff.
http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1423639
(Edit: the CF bits are pure dealer add, but you're right they're different from the driver's pack. The exhaust is worth it for some people though.)

In the future, if you click "Multiquote" on each person you want to reply to, and then click "Post Reply" (right above the text box) you can answer everyone without spamming the thread with multiple replies.

Good luck with sale!
      10-12-2017, 04:49 PM   #12
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

There is no kill switch on the car. Haha. We are not selling these cars to poor people. Not to sound arrogant but this is not a $12,000 Chevy.
Glad you?re not my salesperson, I can tell you have a lot of respect for your clients....

Also, force feeding a LoJack to customers without their consent when they buy a car is not good practice. Who wants to be monitored constantly in a car that THEY own?

And by the way, 30 seconds on their website proves they do have the ability to kill a car, so read up on what you?re selling.

Enjoy being added to the list of shady dealers on the forum and have fun with your rich clientele.
Appreciate 2
hoyasaxa691.00
bobert858.50
      10-12-2017, 06:10 PM   #13
Josh K
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Which is why I posted the Forbes article in response to the person, above, who mentioned bad credit.

Quote:
The customer didn?t order the car with lo jack. We put the lo jack on to protect against theft. I promise this was a client order. Not every one is just like you buddy!
So, like I said, the customer didn't order the car LoJack is completely unnecessary for vehicle recovery when the car comes with BMW ConnectedDrive. There is probably an argument to be made that connected drive may not be activated until the customer takes delivery and that, therefore, LoJack is necessary to protect the dealer's inventory. To the extent that is true, LoJack should be removed before final delivery to customer.

Quote:
Here's a very long thread, elsewhere on this fourm, about why the performance pack is a ripoff.
http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1423639

In the future, if you click "Multiquote" on each person you want to reply to, and then click "Post Reply" (right above the text box) you can answer everyone without spamming the thread with multiple replies.

Good luck with sale!
This was without a shadow of a doubt a customer order. We put LoJack on these cars for theft purposes only. No kill switches and BMW won?t loan to bad credit high risk clients. The reason why we combine lojack with connected drive is because connected drive it satellite based and LoJack is cellular. If you only have the connected drive/BMW assist your vehicle cannot be detected without a satellite signal. Thieves will steal cars and take them to parking structures or cut the gps on the vehicles. And poof you can?t find the car. With LoJack it can be found.
We don?t force feed anyone the LoJack though. When you buy a car from my dealership you have a choice of if you want it or not. If you want this deal however this is how I?m offering this car.

I felt like a sticker deal plus LoJack was a fair deal as it protects your investment and it covers the cost involved when we installed the LoJack.

The m performance pkg isn?t the m drivers pkg. The m perf pkg has m performance exhaust with cf tips, cf spoiler, side decals, and black kidney grilles.
I too believe the m drivers package is a total rip off. This package is sweet though.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 06:22 PM   #14
Josh K
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Glad you?re not my salesperson, I can tell you have a lot of respect for your clients....

Also, force feeding a LoJack to customers without their consent when they buy a car is not good practice. Who wants to be monitored constantly in a car that THEY own?

And by the way, 30 seconds on their website proves they do have the ability to kill a car, so read up on what you?re selling.

Enjoy being added to the list of shady dealers on the forum and have fun with your rich clientele.
Wow man. I didn?t mean to offend you so much. Holy smokes calm down.
I have only the utmost respect for all of my clients. My dealership is one of the highest rated dealerships in the country for customer service.

We don?t force feed anyone to buy the LoJack. But if someone wants this deal that is what I am asking for. It covers the cost to put it in and protects you, the consumer against theft, it?s not to monitor you.
Appreciate 1
COLOM210.50
      10-12-2017, 06:37 PM   #15
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
This got interesting real quick lmao. GLWS
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 06:55 PM   #16
hoyasaxa
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
It's really funny. The dealer add is OK though, guys, because usually we markup our cars $5k. :

This is really solid advertising for BMW of San Diego. /s
      10-12-2017, 07:07 PM   #17
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
It's really funny. The dealer add is OK though, guys, because usually we markup our cars $5k. :

With that $5k "performance" package i wouldn't go near the damn thing. I can do a LOT of damage with $5k.. But i was trying to be nice.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 08:59 PM   #18
Josh K
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

We didn?t add that. The customer that ordered the car did. Some people like to do port installed m parts because it?s no hassle and warrantied. Just because you don?t want it doesn?t mean no one does. If you weren?t interested then why are you commenting. I put this up here to try and get a great car to someone. You act like I?m a freaking criminal. God forbid I put anything on this forum. Geez
Appreciate 1
COLOM210.50
      10-12-2017, 09:10 PM   #19
hoyasaxa
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

We didn?t add that. The customer that ordered the car did. Some people like to do port installed m parts because it?s no hassle and warrantied. Just because you don?t want it doesn?t mean no one does. If you weren?t interested then why are you commenting. I put this up here to try and get a great car to someone. You act like I?m a freaking criminal. God forbid I put anything on this forum. Geez
I was talking about the LoJack.

You're coming off really badly, by the way, just something to think about. If you do some research, most people here aren't willing to pay over sticker, find the CF parts ridiculous, and aren't chumps. So things like mandatory LoJack, on top of the CF parts, don't sit well. For example, I got my car for 5% under MSRP.

You "back talking" the comments, after posting what amounts to an advertisement, doesn't come off well. It's not helping you, or your dealership.

Take that for what it's worth to you - maybe nothing.

As I said originally, before this went sideways for you, good luck with sale.
      10-12-2017, 09:27 PM   #20
Josh K
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I was talking about the LoJack.

You're coming off really badly, by the way, just something to think about. If you do some research, most people here aren't willing to pay over sticker, find the CF parts ridiculous, and aren't chumps. So things like mandatory LoJack, on top of the CF parts, don't sit well. For example, I got my car for 5% under MSRP.

You "back talking" the comments, after posting what amounts to an advertisement, doesn't come off well. It's not helping you, or your dealership.

Take that for what it's worth to you - maybe nothing.

As I said originally, before this went sideways for you, good luck with sale.
At this point it?s shot anyways. I feel that you have done nothing but sabotage this post. You never had any interest in what I have had to offer but you wanted to make sure you threw in your 2 cents and your paranoia of what LoJack is.
The reason I posted this is to expose an awesome car that I thought someone on here might want. Every time someone has to chime in and say what we are doing wrong. Well guess what my friend you don?t own a dealership and probably wouldn?t know the first thing about running a dealership. Everyone thinks that the dealership should never make money. How do you think we keep the lights on and pay employees to feed there families. And how do you think BMW is able to put such amazing vehicles on the road. Profit my friend. If you see my picture that is my son with me. How do you think I pay for his school clothes, and put food on the table. It?s because the business I work has to make money to pay me and the 200 other people that work there. Everyone always thinks that dealerships are ripping them off if they don?t strip every last penny out of the deal. Well shame on you. I?m a good person with a good heart and take very good care of my clients.
Appreciate 1
COLOM210.50
      10-12-2017, 09:52 PM   #21
hoyasaxa
Captain
Rep

Is this really happening, guys?
      10-12-2017, 09:58 PM   #22
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada