BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Which color shows the M2 lines best?

02-05-2016, 08:00 AM   #23
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Anything but white. White sucks.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 1
zmo105.50
      02-05-2016, 08:29 AM   #24
atxsk8r
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1zbo View Post
I would say, judging from pictures and seeing other BMWs in the four colours avaliable:

LBB->MG->AW/BSM

LBB seems best and I was decided on that but changed my my mind after seeing an X6M IRL in LBB.
Does not look like the majority of the pictures and I would have been dissapointed if I had ordered LBB blindly.
Tried to take some pics with my iPhone 6 but it was impossible to catch the green in the colour. This is the reason I say the pics you see on the internet is not accurate as they are missing the green hue in the colour.

I changed my order to MG after seeing LBB IRLand I recommend everyone to try and do the same before ordering.

Br
I first saw LBB on X5M in person and hated it. Color doesn't belong on a big school bus. But then i saw it on the M2 in person and damn it looked good. Color fits the car and works way better on smaller vehicles.

Hopefully i get to see AW in person before my car starts production week 15 so i can make up my mind and pick a color
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 08:47 AM   #25
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wr3ks
I agree with F1zbo. MG looks fantastic, I keep seeing it on the F80 chassis and even the M235i and it appears to show the angles well in a dark and light contrast.

2017 models will hopefully offer more colors options like the M235i currently gets.
There was a MG 235 next to the white M2 and it looked a lot better, was attracting a much bigger crowd. Thought I'd like the orbit wheels (I have Ferric) but I was surprised that I didn't like them at all on MG. go figure.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 08:59 AM   #26
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

AW
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 09:10 AM   #27
Andycc
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 AW 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
There was a MG 235 next to the white M2 and it looked a lot better, was attracting a much bigger crowd. Thought I'd like the orbit wheels (I have Ferric) but I was surprised that I didn't like them at all on MG. go figure.
I dunno, I saw MG 235i on the road the other day and it was dull and boring.

I wonder how the colors compare in real life after a couple days of driving. In the perfect lighting such as on the show and when the paint is pristine clean and polished - all darker colors will look brilliant, especially metallic! They provide more depth than light colors and look great on any car.

For white, on the other hand, to look interesting, there needs to be shadows. All that bright flat light on the show doesn't do it any good.

I keep seeing AW m235i's and M4's on the road and they all look great.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 09:51 AM   #28
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andycc
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post

I wonder how the colors compare in real life after a couple days of driving. In the perfect lighting such as on the show and when the paint is pristine clean and polished - all darker colors will look brilliant, especially metallic! They provide more depth than light colors and look great on any car.

For white, on the other hand, to look interesting, there needs to be shadows. All that bright flat light on the show doesn't do it any good.

I keep seeing AW m235i's and M4's on the road and they all look great.
I've had MG for a almost 2 years now, still looks really sharp and it's a clean, classic color. Really think it needs the body colored mirror caps from IND and a tint then it looks REALLY sharp and is not a "look at me" color. If that's what you're going for that's up to you, but it's not my thing.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 11:33 AM   #29
rcoccultwar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S, 8/15 M2

I remember when the 2001 M3 first was on public roads, the blue looked fantastic. Now in 2016, it don't look that great no more. The E46 requires some run-of-the-mill rims to fully show off its lines.

I'm afraid the M2 requires a wheel swap as well to accomplish that task. I'm going least risky with Mineral Gray.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 11:41 AM   #30
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxsk8r View Post
I first saw LBB on X5M in person and hated it. Color doesn't belong on a big school bus. But then i saw it on the M2 in person and damn it looked good. Color fits the car and works way better on smaller vehicles.

Hopefully i get to see AW in person before my car starts production week 15 so i can make up my mind and pick a color
Exactly. You cannot simply see LBB on another car and say you like or do not like the color.

LBB or any color has to be seen on the ACTUAL vehicle of interest, period..

I think AW needs all the carbon fiber pieces to make a full package. It needs a full length aftermarket front lower spoiler. Some CF or black side skirts and a bigger CF rear spoiler and it should appeal to most.
Appreciate 2
      02-05-2016, 12:05 PM   #31
3tekcorps
Major
Rep
Drives: In Gestation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbiage View Post
Nice! You're still doing Compton Blue right?

You guys are giving me 2nd thoughts on AW. I demo'd a MG 228 and it was sorta ok. Seemed like it would show dirt as bad as Black?

I've had 3 silver/grey cars and was looking for a change, but I'm not sure on this AW.

Maybe a flat black warp on the roof?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 12:07 PM   #32
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3tekcorps View Post
Nice! You're still doing Compton Blue right?

You guys are giving me 2nd thoughts on AW. I demo'd a MG 228 and it was sorta ok. Seemed like it would show dirt as bad as Black?

I've had 3 silver/grey cars and was looking for a change, but I'm not sure on this AW.

Maybe a flat black warp on the roof?
You guys are never gonna let me live that one down. But yes, still Compton Blue.

I like MG but not enough to get it, my last BMW was Sparkling Graphite Metallic and I don't want another gray car LOL.

Wrap the roof + CF/black aftermarket bumper splitter/lip.

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 12:11 PM   #33
3tekcorps
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbiage View Post
You guys are never gonna let me live that one down. But yes, still Compton Blue.

I like MG but not enough to get it, my last BMW was Sparkling Graphite Metallic and I don't want another gray car LOL.

Wrap the roof + CF/black aftermarket bumper splitter/lip.
That sounds complicated.

So you'd do AW over MG, if they didn't offer Compton Blue?

I need to see this blue ASAP. I just sold a Sky Blue car, but can't figure out this M2 color without seeing it in person.

SGP looks really close to MG?? Just looking at google pics, why don't you want this on the M2? Too modest a color?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 12:27 PM   #34
3tekcorps
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andycc View Post
My concern as well. I demo'd a 228 MG and it just seemed mehh, but they have a White M3 with carbon roof at the dealer and it looked amazing. That's not an Apple to Apple though.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 12:30 PM   #35
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3tekcorps View Post
That sounds complicated.

So you'd do AW over MG, if they didn't offer Compton Blue?

I need to see this blue ASAP. I just sold a Sky Blue car, but can't figure out this M2 color without seeing it in person.

SGP looks really close to MG?? Just looking at google pics, why don't you want this on the M2? Too modest a color?
Well, I would do MG over AW if they didn't offer Compton Blue. I dunno what it is about AW cars.... now if it was Mineral White, then I would get it over Compton Blue.

You can see if there are any LBB X5/X6M just to see the color itself, although the way I felt was that it suits a smaller car much better; not as overwhelming.

And I always thought that smaller cars should have more chipper colors, I suppose. I really love Mineral Gray, I just wouldn't get it on a 2-Series. You know?

Appreciate 2
      02-05-2016, 03:57 PM   #36
King_Slayer
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

I think everybody needs to understand that 1 color to one person will look totally different to another. Everybody has different tastes in colors, cars, women, beer, movies etc etc. You cant go wrong with any one of the 4 color options. It will look bad ass with any color. People will be choosing based on different criteria. The only thing I recommend people to do is before deciding on a color go in and see LBB outside in the sunlight on an X5M and imagine that color being on the M2. Don't go by showroom lights alone.

With that being said out of the 4 color options I do think LBB will show the most lines with MG second and AW/BSM last (for obvious reasons).
Appreciate 2
      02-05-2016, 04:51 PM   #37
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Slayer
I think everybody needs to understand that 1 color to one person will look totally different to another. Everybody has different tastes in colors, cars, women, beer, movies etc etc. You cant go wrong with any one of the 4 color options. It will look bad ass with any color. People will be choosing based on different criteria. The only thing I recommend people to do is before deciding on a color go in and see LBB outside in the sunlight on an X5M and imagine that color being on the M2. Don't go by showroom lights alone.

With that being said out of the 4 color options I do think LBB will show the most lines with MG second and AW/BSM last (for obvious reasons).
It will look great in all colors except white. just kidding. Sort of.

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 07:05 PM   #38
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcowboy View Post
I remember when the 2001 M3 first was on public roads, the blue looked fantastic. Now in 2016, it don't look that great no more. The E46 requires some run-of-the-mill rims to fully show off its lines.

I'm afraid the M2 requires a wheel swap as well to accomplish that task. I'm going least risky with Mineral Gray.
The E46 M3 doesn't need anything to fully show the lines of the car.It is a classic design with awesome looking fender flares.The hood bulge,which started with the E46 M3 also looks fantastic.It is proportioned perfectly with the design of the hood compared to the E92 M3 and F82 M4,where it is just an add on.

I think the M2 design looks great and also doesn't need anything to improve the design of the car.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 08:12 PM   #39
MTHRAR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket View Post
The E46 M3 doesn't need anything to fully show the lines of the car.It is a classic design with awesome looking fender flares.The hood bulge,which started with the E46 M3 also looks fantastic.It is proportioned perfectly with the design of the hood compared to the E92 M3 and F82 M4,where it is just an add on.

I think the M2 design looks great and also doesn't need anything to improve the design of the car.
Not to thread jack here, but the elusive Estoril Blue on an E46 M3 is fantastic!!!! I had an Estoril Blue E36 M3 and a LSB E46 M3...and DAMN, does Estoril look good on an E46. I've found a few Estoril E46 M3s, but I couldn't find one with less than 100k on it or one that wasn't SMG. Nantucket, I hope you keep this beauty and have the M2 as an Addition to that fantastic piece of art.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 08:55 PM   #40
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHRAR View Post
Not to thread jack here, but the elusive Estoril Blue on an E46 M3 is fantastic!!!! I had an Estoril Blue E36 M3 and a LSB E46 M3...and DAMN, does Estoril look good on an E46. I've found a few Estoril E46 M3s, but I couldn't find one with less than 100k on it or one that wasn't SMG. Nantucket, I hope you keep this beauty and have the M2 as an Addition to that fantastic piece of art.
Thanks MTHRAR,I love the color and your right,it really suits the design of the E46 M3.My brother bad a 2001 LSB E46 M3 and it was also a fantastic looking color.My car has the 6MT with 89,000 kms and I don't plan on ever selling it.I am still really looking forward to getting the M2.I am sure it is also going to be a blast to drive.After 11 years it will be nice to finally get another M car.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 10:43 PM   #41
MTHRAR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket View Post
Thanks MTHRAR,I love the color and your right,it really suits the design of the E46 M3.My brother bad a 2001 LSB E46 M3 and it was also a fantastic looking color.My car has the 6MT with 89,000 kms and I don't plan on ever selling it.I am still really looking forward to getting the M2.I am sure it is also going to be a blast to drive.After 11 years it will be nice to finally get another M car.
Yeah, I'm glad to hear that the E46 will stay! I am truly hoping that the M2 is more of an evolution of the E46 M3. I actually had two E46 M3s and loved them both, but there is no denying that my Estoril E36 M3/4/5 was my favorite of the bunch. For me it is more nostalgic because it was my first real "nice" car that I purchased myself with a "real" job (Bought it used and it was 8 years old). At any rate, I'm still super excited for my LBB M2!!! I think BMW hit it out of the park for the enthusiast market as I really just wanted a "No Frills" New M-Car. The new F80/F82 is awesome, but it's a tad bit out of my price range, plus the fact that it feels like more of a grand tourer (one with gobs of tq though). After test driving the M235i and imagining a stiffer chassis, more HP & TQ, I feel as if this is the car for me.
Appreciate 1
      02-06-2016, 01:40 PM   #42
RingMeister01
Croatian
No_Country
Rep
Drives: PORSCHE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbiage
Racists
Looking for an SUV
Appreciate 3
      02-06-2016, 01:45 PM   #43
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #513/740

My wife has a white F10 535i and you can see the lines of that car in person. I think pictures of white seem washed out so you can't see anything. I ordered white and can't wait to get the CF bits on it. I think I will wrap the roof gloss black for some contrast. Some don't like that but I do and it will look da business!! $
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2016, 03:23 PM   #44
Nine Lives
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Austin Maxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
My wife has a white F10 535i and you can see the lines of that car in person. I think pictures of white seem washed out so you can't see anything. I ordered white and can't wait to get the CF bits on it. I think I will wrap the roof gloss black for some contrast. Some don't like that but I do and it will look da business!! $
I've ordered white as well and think it looks stunning with all the contrasting pieces.Sun protection glass really makes it pop IMO along with the dark wheels.Resisting the urge to change atm as it would be a toss up between the grey and LBB, but being as I haven't seen either in the flesh I'm sticking with AW. ...For now

Last edited by Nine Lives; 02-06-2016 at 03:30 PM.. Reason: Spelling mistake
Appreciate 0