BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > Confusion's Build - XPEL Stealth LBB with HRE R101s (last content update: 7/31/2016)

04-29-2016, 07:03 PM   #67
dammitcubs
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '16 M2 LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBBDrew View Post
Cool did he give u an estimate?
For the entire car - 6500
Appreciate 2
      04-29-2016, 07:46 PM   #68
Lorde
Ya ya ya, I am Lorde, ya ya!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, 2015 SQ5

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dammitcubs
Quote:
Holy crap. Buy the material and DIY.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 07:46 PM   #69
fourscore
Private
Rep
Drives: M2

Awesome, looks fantastic and def on the right side of classy but menacing..
100% agree with you about following where others go as regards performance upgrades.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 08:02 PM   #70
snaimpally
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i MT

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Gorgeous! I'll keep my eye out for it in Austin.
      04-29-2016, 08:09 PM   #71
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 2020 M340

Quote:
Quote:
That's insane! I thought maybe 2.5-3k tops
Wow!! For that price, I'd much rather get wheels and coil overs.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 08:14 PM   #72
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorde
Quote:
Quote:
Then after you spend $1000 on materials, make a complete mess of it, $2500 to fix your job then $6500 for the pro to do it. At least that's how it would work in my case!
Appreciate 2
      04-29-2016, 08:18 PM   #73
DS_BMW
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 comp, 22 M240

Quote:
Quote:
It's cool but for that much it's ridiculous. I will take some stone chips.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 08:40 PM   #74
confusion
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Wow, I'm floored by the overwhelmingly positive response! Thanks all. Really appreciate the feedback.

I'd like to address a couple questions/comments. If I missed one, shoot me a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavier69 View Post
How much did the full Stealth wrap run you if you don't mind sharing?
I was quoted $6k for the full Stealth wrap and $5k for full Ultimate. When going Stealth, extra effort is put in to fully wrap panels beyond the edge where possible which is why there is a difference in price. Of course, a quote is a quote, and your local installer's pricing may vary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csbear View Post
I assume it offers the same level of protection as the regular clear bra Xpel?
Absolutely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_M3 View Post
How is the maintenance of the stealth wrap versus a frozen paint job?

I assume it's more durable and resistant to scratches. Do you still need to use special shampoos and waxes?
I've never owned a vehicle with an actual frozen paint job so I cannot speak to that. This is also my first time doing a Stealth wrap so all I can say is what XPEL told me. For Stealth, they recommended not putting any additional products on top (same advice does not hold for Ultimate) and said to just wash as needed with normal soap, water, and your typical microfiber products. It is definitely resistant to scratches. In fact, it's quite incredible actually. Check out this quick video:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeonTiger View Post
Yeah, um, there will definitely be another one of these icy beauties rolling around Asutin soon as I pick mine up. Looks amazing! Sorry, I hope that doesn't kill the unique factor for you
I didn't expect it to be unique for long. More power to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtaM2 View Post
very nice...i wonder if the mood of the LBB is more tame now that its frozen or will it still change colors?
We've had mostly bad weather here in Austin since I had it done which really means that it's been overcast a lot. It was sunny the day I picked it up. I would say that the color is still strong and present but the satin finish mutes the variance unless in direct sunlight. I think the photos I posted are pretty accurate as far as color despite being taken with my iPhone. The car definitely does not exhibit teal tones like some photos posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Wood View Post
Looks great! Finally realized that XPEL is headquartered in SATX. Did you head there for the job, or do they have an Austin outpost?
They have a shop here in Austin. If not, I would have considered taking my car to SA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
also go for the cf diffuser. i think it's the best looking cf performance part they made for the m2.
Yeah, I do think it would compliment the spoiler nicely. Prolly will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammitcubs View Post
is that the actual color or is it brighter in person? OMG!! I love this!!! I'm so torn - was about to add the XPEL ULTIMATE....now i'm torn.
As mentioned above, this is definitely representative of what the car looks like in person. It does feel a tad darker than naked but I already felt like the paint looked darker (and much better) in person, especially as compared to all of the marketing and hyper-exposed press photos. I don't think you can go wrong either way. I was originally very nervous about having it done. In fact, I had them show me a piece just like yours to get an idea of how it would look. When I saw it, honestly, I started to second guess my decision and thought about just doing Ultimate. I then decided that wasn't really a fair test so I asked them to do a rear quarter panel in full so I could really get a sense for what it would look like. The gamble was worth it. Once I saw all of the curves and subtle effects, I was sold and asked them to finish the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comacow02 View Post
You forgot the reflectors lol
Alas, I did not. No one has responded to my thread inquiring about a solution to this classic problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3paul View Post
Holy s*** stunning!! More pics!
I'll definitely try to get some more when there's some actual bright sun outside. Hopefully mid-next week. Weather is still hit or miss right now. Also, once my wheels arrive, I'll refresh the thread. But since you asked, while I was out for lunch today, I stumbled across this beauty:

What really made my day was that while I was waiting on my food to go, an F80 M3 rolled up in the parking lot and got out to admire and take a pic of my car. Curiously, he didn't give the GT S hardly a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyzale View Post
Freaked me out I didn't expect to see an M2 on the road yet.

I was driving Mineral Gray M3
Ha! That pass was intentional. Sorry if it caught you off guard! Were you the same one that snapped a pic of my car in the parking lot around lunchtime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3///TW View Post
Wow looks awesome. Did you leave the inner pillars original lbb?
Yeah, I did not do an invasive tear down to get all the interior surfaces done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
Good luck with that. XPEL had my car for 8 full days, two guys working on it. I think you severely underestimate just how labor intensive it is to do this right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
Yeah, it's not cheap but it's functional beyond just looking cool. Plus, those mods aren't mutually exclusive. :P
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 09:19 PM   #75
jusblazeee_f22
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3

Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 09:33 PM   #76
Bosozoku
Almost completely sane
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2, '00 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusion View Post
What really made my day was that while I was waiting on my food to go, an F80 M3 rolled up in the parking lot and got out to admire and take a pic of my car. Curiously, he didn't give the GT S hardly a look.
The Mercedes-AMG GT is what the Porsche 928 could have been. LOL.

But man, your car looks fantastic with that wrap.
'17 BMW M2 (BSM 6MT Exec CarPlay, TechnicPnP ASD bypass, IND M Perf shift knob + keyhole cover, Pedal Haus pedals + heel plate, 3M CR90 tint, BavSound Ghost woofers, Racing Dynamics strut tower brace, Dinan midpipe, Turner intercooler)
'00 Honda S2000 (Silverstone Metallic, black leather, factory titanium shift knob + front lip + trunk spoiler, front shock tower brace, front subframe x-brace)
Appreciate 1
      04-29-2016, 09:57 PM   #77
Eagle1oh7
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 328i Sedan

Love it!!!
DONE: Seibon CF Hood, M3 Rep, MSport rear w/DD CF Diffuser, M3 Rep Skirts, Seibon CSL trunklid, Forgestar F14 18s w/Michelin PSS, Eisenmann catback, AA Headers, BPC Stage 2, Charcoal Delete+revMotor+AFE Drop In filter
FUTURE MODS: LED headlights, CF rooftop, M3 Suspension Conversion, Dinan CAI Mod
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 10:07 PM   #78
goj
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EBII 340i 6-MT

The wheels and color you chose are awesome
BMW CCA Member #516012
2016 340i, Estoril Blue, Manual Transmission, MPE, MPBBK, HRE FF04
Instagram: @brandons340i
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 10:12 PM   #79
andnkuhn
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i.N55.6SPD.M-SPORT

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Stealth looks amazing..most definitely on your car! I hate to say it for for 6k$ you can get a respray when rock chips, hairline scratches and the original color get tiresome :/

Last edited by andnkuhn; 04-29-2016 at 10:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 10:28 PM   #80
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M2

Omg mate, that looks absolutely stunning...
Appreciate 1
      04-29-2016, 10:29 PM   #81
filet.M2c
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2c / mach e

I love the stealth look but damn $6K is steep. I would probably take any combination of pure stage 2, full suspension, or wheels for that price.
Appreciate 1
      04-29-2016, 10:37 PM   #82
csbear
Major
Rep
Drives: SO M2C

Confusion, I will repeat..that is stunning and one of my favorite looking BMWs on Bimmerpost even without your upcoming mods. Can't wait to see what you add to it.

No doubt LBB is a pretty showy color (I ordered LBB btw), but this wrap just tones it down just enough where it really...just works!
Appreciate 1
      04-29-2016, 11:12 PM   #83
confusion
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Confusion, I will repeat..that is stunning and one of my favorite looking BMWs on Bimmerpost even without your upcoming mods. Can't wait to see what you add to it.

No doubt LBB is a pretty showy color (I ordered LBB btw), but this wrap just tones it down just enough where it really...just works!
Thanks, really appreciate the support and feedback. I was a little sad to give up my 135 but it went to a good home and now I'm having some fun with my new ride. LBB really is an awesome color. It's so different in person. Great choice!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 11:39 PM   #84
atxsk8r
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87LUV View Post
Plate ideas: "LET IT GO"

You know Frozen? Get it?
Winner winner chicken dinner right here!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 11:52 PM   #85
tonyzale
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016' M3, S1000R, R nineT

Freaked me out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusion
Wow, I'm floored by the overwhelmingly positive response! Thanks all. Really appreciate the feedback.

I'd like to address a couple questions/comments. If I missed one, shoot me a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavier69 View Post
How much did the full Stealth wrap run you if you don't mind sharing?
I was quoted $6k for the full Stealth wrap and $5k for full Ultimate. When going Stealth, extra effort is put in to fully wrap panels beyond the edge where possible which is why there is a difference in price. Of course, a quote is a quote, and your local installer's pricing may vary.

Quote:
I assume it offers the same level of protection as the regular clear bra Xpel?
Absolutely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_M3 View Post
How is the maintenance of the stealth wrap versus a frozen paint job?

I assume it's more durable and resistant to scratches. Do you still need to use special shampoos and waxes?
I've never owned a vehicle with an actual frozen paint job so I cannot speak to that. This is also my first time doing a Stealth wrap so all I can say is what XPEL told me. For Stealth, they recommended not putting any additional products on top (same advice does not hold for Ultimate) and said to just wash as needed with normal soap, water, and your typical microfiber products. It is definitely resistant to scratches. In fact, it's quite incredible actually. Check out this quick video:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeonTiger View Post
Yeah, um, there will definitely be another one of these icy beauties rolling around Asutin soon as I pick mine up. Looks amazing! Sorry, I hope that doesn't kill the unique factor for you
I didn't expect it to be unique for long. More power to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtaM2 View Post
very nice...i wonder if the mood of the LBB is more tame now that its frozen or will it still change colors?
We've had mostly bad weather here in Austin since I had it done which really means that it's been overcast a lot. It was sunny the day I picked it up. I would say that the color is still strong and present but the satin finish mutes the variance unless in direct sunlight. I think the photos I posted are pretty accurate as far as color despite being taken with my iPhone. The car definitely does not exhibit teal tones like some photos posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Wood View Post
Looks great! Finally realized that XPEL is headquartered in SATX. Did you head there for the job, or do they have an Austin outpost?
They have a shop here in Austin. If not, I would have considered taking my car to SA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
also go for the cf diffuser. i think it's the best looking cf performance part they made for the m2.
Yeah, I do think it would compliment the spoiler nicely. Prolly will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammitcubs View Post
is that the actual color or is it brighter in person? OMG!! I love this!!! I'm so torn - was about to add the XPEL ULTIMATE....now i'm torn.
As mentioned above, this is definitely representative of what the car looks like in person. It does feel a tad darker than naked but I already felt like the paint looked darker (and much better) in person, especially as compared to all of the marketing and hyper-exposed press photos. I don't think you can go wrong either way. I was originally very nervous about having it done. In fact, I had them show me a piece just like yours to get an idea of how it would look. When I saw it, honestly, I started to second guess my decision and thought about just doing Ultimate. I then decided that wasn't really a fair test so I asked them to do a rear quarter panel in full so I could really get a sense for what it would look like. The gamble was worth it. Once I saw all of the curves and subtle effects, I was sold and asked them to finish the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comacow02 View Post
You forgot the reflectors lol
Alas, I did not. No one has responded to my thread inquiring about a solution to this classic problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3paul View Post
Holy s*** stunning!! More pics!
I'll definitely try to get some more when there's some actual bright sun outside. Hopefully mid-next week. Weather is still hit or miss right now. Also, once my wheels arrive, I'll refresh the thread. But since you asked, while I was out for lunch today, I stumbled across this beauty:

Quote:
Freaked me out I didn't expect to see an M2 on the road yet.

I was driving Mineral Gray M3
Ha! That pass was intentional. Sorry if it caught you off guard! Were you the same one that snapped a pic of my car in the parking lot around lunchtime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3///TW View Post
Wow looks awesome. Did you leave the inner pillars original lbb?
Yeah, I did not do an invasive tear down to get all the interior surfaces done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
Good luck with that. XPEL had my car for 8 full days, two guys working on it. I think you severely underestimate just how labor intensive it is to do this right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
Yeah, it's not cheap but it's functional beyond just looking cool. Plus, those mods aren't mutually exclusive. :P
No that wasn't me taking a pic. I was surprised because I work at the dealer and we haven't received our first M2 yet. I saw you in the rear view and recognized it was an M2 before you went past. That front bumper is unmistakable. Congrats on your new car!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2016, 12:39 AM   #86
confusion
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No that wasn't me taking a pic. I was surprised because I work at the dealer and we haven't received our first M2 yet. I saw you in the rear view and recognized it was an M2 before you went past. That front bumper is unmistakable. Congrats on your new car!
Figured that's where you were heading given the exit you took. Yeah, atxsk8r is anxiously awaiting that car.

Thanks, I can't wait to get past the break-in period.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2016, 12:52 AM   #87
alg200b
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 MG/BLK 6MT

It was me taking the pic. Awesome car!
Attached Images

Appreciate 7
      04-30-2016, 02:04 AM   #88
juniortabak
Private First Class
Rep