BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > BMW M2 V8 MARC - Testing at Spa-Francorchamps!

04-16-2017, 08:41 PM   #45
bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntDX316 View Post
What if you get a cheap trailer home in another state just to get registration rights?
There are many additional hurdles. Go search the Factory Five forums for registration issues. You'll find many long stories (some spanning years) of owners who struggle to get their cars registered, even in states that are loose. It's no cake walk, that's for sure.

With enough time and money, just about anything is possible. Why are you so interested in registering a MARC when there are so many other options? I mean, go buy an Ariel Atom, or an Exocet chassis conversion for a Miata. Hell, go buy a Flyin' Miata with a LS conversation.
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2017, 10:03 PM   #46
AntDX316
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 750xi ///M Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post
There are many additional hurdles. Go search the Factory Five forums for registration issues. You'll find many long stories (some spanning years) of owners who struggle to get their cars registered, even in states that are loose. It's no cake walk, that's for sure.

With enough time and money, just about anything is possible. Why are you so interested in registering a MARC when there are so many other options? I mean, go buy an Ariel Atom, or an Exocet chassis conversion for a Miata. Hell, go buy a Flyin' Miata with a LS conversation.
Because you can make something that you want because what You want doesn't exist in the world for sale.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2017, 10:21 PM   #47
bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Because you can make something that you want because what You want doesn't exist in the world for sale.
Ok, Machiavelli.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2017, 10:08 PM   #48
AntDX316
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ok, Machiavelli.
Really? I thought everyone wants to "invent" things too.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2017, 07:54 AM   #49
bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Really? I thought everyone wants to "invent" things too.
Originality is fantastic. Trying to register a non-VIN'd race car for street use is the folly of youth.

Besides, what are you "inventing" by buying a MARC and driving it on the street. The extent of your ingenuity in this case is seeing the car, and wanting to drive it on the road. Hate to break it to you, but that is not an original idea.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2017, 10:59 PM   #50
AntDX316
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originality is fantastic. Trying to register a non-VIN'd race car for street use is the folly of youth.

Besides, what are you "inventing" by buying a MARC and driving it on the street. The extent of your ingenuity in this case is seeing the car, and wanting to drive it on the road. Hate to break it to you, but that is not an original idea.
I agree. Having race track grade performance on the street is dumb. Anything more than the highest performing BMW and eq. is unnecessary.

It's like wearing an astronaut suit regulating your temps under all conditions. It's space age cutting edge technology but it's really unpractical and dumb using it out in public like a park.
Appreciate 0